Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roario

:lol:

When did we last win the PL or CL?

The lad should go to bayern thats the sensible choice. The muppet in me hopes ETH could convince him otherwise but lack of CL next season makes me doubt it.
Is it sensible to go to a one-team league? The Bundesliga is irrelevant compared to the Premier League.
Liverpool can't afford his wages and City is stacked in his position.
PSG is in another one-team league that is even worse than the Bundesliga.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I despair at the amount of people desperately wanting a player who clearly has no real desire to join us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think it's pretty likely he'll leave, and each of those sides have a real chance...
  • PSG - president Mbappe will be looking to make some signings of intention. Imagine him and Verratti in a midfield today? Ball retention for days...
  • City - will likely be losing Fernandinho and Gundogan. Frenkie perfectly fills that void.
  • Bayern - Typically I think Bayern would be outgunned financially in a list like this, but with Lewandowski wanting to leave (almost certainly the other way too) - that gives them a bit of leverage.
  • Us - have lost Matic and Pogba, Frenkie perfectly fills our void too, and we have his ex-gaffer in charge now. We of course are the only one of those sides who won't be in the CL next season, so could be the negative should that factor into his decision-making for the immediate term.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Would they play FDJ and Verratti together in midfield ? With Messi, Mbappe and Neymar how exactly would they match them in midfield?

If Bayern is going for him, I hope we go for Gravenberch.

Well, that leaves City and he can rot on bench . He isn't replacing Rodri and he isn't as good as KDB or Gundogan in that attacking midfielder role.

BlueHaze

No problem if they go to Bayern. City and PSG however are the reason why many quit following the sport. Sickening being sponsored by entire oil states. Their failures in europe is the only positive thing. Hope this guy doesn't go to either.

Rake

Would they play FDJ and Verratti together in midfield ? With Messi, Mbappe and Neymar how exactly would they match them in midfield?

Well, that leaves City and he can rot on bench . He isn't replacing Rodri and he isn't as good as KDB or Gundogan in that attacking midfielder role.
Well, Mbappe signed him on Fifa last night, so PSG must complete the transfer in real life as well.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I doubt he'll go to psg(unless he just wants to make some money and chill out).
Under normal circumstances we wouldn't be in the race at all but hoped the inclusion of Eric ten hag changes that.

Ghostrider318

Feels like ADM all over again. Player does not want to leave / being forced out + big money + high wages + no CL.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
I despair at the amount of people desperately wanting a player who clearly has no real desire to join us.
Dude the only players that have real desire to play for Man Utd are those who are not good enough. Football players are just professionals that want to earn money and win trophies. Fact is that at this point for top players there are several better options available. None of them 'dreams' of Man United.

Suv666

Yeah like City who bought Yaya Toure, David Silva and Aguero all of whom were passionate life long City fans.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Dude the only players that have real desire to play for Man Utd are those who are not good enough. Football players are just professionals that want to earn money and win trophies. Fact is that at this point for top players there are several better options available. None of them 'dreams' of Man United.
Right. So presumably if De Jong wishes to win trophies he'll choose one of the several better options.

izec

Gravenberch agreed to join Bayern, this is as good as done.

izec

If PSG, City and Bayern are genuinely interested, we stand no chance. Pretty sure one of City or PSG will go all in, because they can, and offer him crazy wages.

R'hllor

Yeah like City who bought Yaya Toure, David Silva and Aguero all of whom were passionate life long City fans.
Dunno what kind of comparison is that, they also didnt want to leave their clubs before joining City or?

Suv666

Dunno what kind of comparison is that, they also didnt want to leave their clubs before joining City or?
Toure was pushed out of Barcelona.
Rest only cared about the money.
Yet they won year after year.
Why?
According to this thread unless you have a deep love and admiration for Man Utd, (basically a fan) you're going to flop.

Olecurls99

Really hope we show some openness and take control by doing 2 things:

- Make a clear deadline that if we can't get #1 target over the line by X date that we announce defeat and move onto the next so there is a clear path/ plan with timelines and we don't run around last minute.
- Once that happens, I see no downside to announcing we are no longer pursuing a deal for X due to that team wanting too much money etc to avoid them using us a bargaining chip and I think the fans would appreciate the insight and confidence that they are being strict with a plan.
Yeah I like the sound of this. Can't see why it wouldn't work. Although I'm hardly Sun Tzu when it comes to these things

R'hllor

Toure was pushed out of Barcelona.
Rest only cared about the money.
Yet they won year after year.
Why?
According to this thread unless you have a deep love and admiration for Man Utd, (basically a fan) you're going to flop.
Like i said, Pep denies those claims. Well maybe they knew or found out that they were joining serious football club, so they were commited and professional to provide value for wages they were on, instead of taking a piss.

In our case, besides offering mental wages, they maybe present United as a corporate circus. What Klopp said, a Disneyland.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Erik will convince him.

This just came up on my YouTube feed... why are they making him do this bollocks??

Anyway. De Jong. He's not gonna come here - we need to be looking at more Brighton, Wolves, Leicester players. Shitters.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
This just came up on my YouTube feed... why are they making him do this bollocks??

Anyway. De Jong. He's not gonna come here - we need to be looking at more Brighton, Wolves, Leicester players. Shitters.
Thats the spirit!

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Well I enjoyed watching it. Quite a powerful message. I was feeling quite upbeat about the club for a change. Until you shat all over it :lol:

Suv666

Like i said, Pep denies those claims. Well maybe they knew or found out that they were joining serious football club, so they were commited and professional to provide value for wages they were on, instead of taking a piss.

In our case, besides offering mental wages, they maybe present United as a corporate circus. What Klopp said, a Disneyland.
What about Suarez, Sanchez, Eto'o?
Every player to leave Barca or Real is not damaged goods. Barca fans rate him very highly and are furious that's he being pushed out.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Thats the spirit!
Well I enjoyed watching it. Quite a powerful message. I was feeling quite upbeat about the club for a change. Until you shat all over it :lol:
:D

Nah, I'm semi-joking. But I'm just not seeing De Jong happening for us. Hope I'm wrong though.

In a way, I'm excited to see us sign players we're not expecting - ones that Ten Hag can mould into his system.

R'hllor

What about Suarez, Sanchez, Eto'o?
Every player to leave Barca or Real is not damaged goods. Barca fans rate him very highly and are furious that's he being pushed out.
Ehm...just replied to you mentioning City players, dunno how it snowballed to freaking hand biter, pianist and Eto`o. Not sure anyone claimed that every single player that leaves those 2 clubs is damaged good.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Going to play in France is a joke at this stage of his career.
They're looking like frontrunners to me. It'll be a shame if he Verratti's his career, but better them than City if not us.

Roboc7

There’s no chance he’s signing for us, he’ll get better offers. We’ll be used to drive up price and wages.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games

Why has this message about bollocks just strolled on here? I mean, who's bollocks are at stake here?

Rake

There’s no chance he’s signing for us, he’ll get better offers. We’ll be used to drive up price and wages.
I`m sure we can match or at least come close to anything another club offers him, maybe bar PSG. If he is willing to trust in ETH and be part of our ambitious project is a whole other matter.

croadyman

I get the same feeling from watching him in La Liga, he looks a bit soft to me and i'm not convinced he'll adapt successfully to the prem. One thing is for certain, we would need a robust ball winner next to him to do the dirty work for him.
Yeah no doubt we still need a ball winner willing to do that with this sort of player

croadyman

I doubt he'll go to psg(unless he just wants to make some money and chill out).
Under normal circumstances we wouldn't be in the race at all but hoped the inclusion of Eric ten hag changes that.
Yeah it's our only ace up the sleeve, however hard to see him turning down CL football

Red_Orchestra

Quote me on this, we will spend a great deal of time negotiating to sign De Jong. Meanwhile, Liverpool have already signed Tchouameni while we were still negotiating. De Jong will end up snubbing us for Man City and we will end up paying a ridiculous fee for Declan Rice.

RC89

No problem if they go to Bayern. City and PSG however are the reason why many quit following the sport. Sickening being sponsored by entire oil states. Their failures in europe is the only positive thing. Hope this guy doesn't go to either.
Where have you got this from? I doubt many have quit, nothing that anyone would notice anyway. City and PSG being in the CL for me adds to the excitement from a footballing standpoint. Without them, two fewer excellent teams and with the way Serie A has gone, the CL needed a couple of teams to fill the void left by AC and co. I'm no fan of City or PSG but what you're point seems borne out of bitterness rather than actual fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.