Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flexdegea

Actually doesn't prove anything.

The only lie he said was other clubs were in for him, that aside he was spot on. He said Frenkie doesn't want to leave (he doesn't), he said the club wants to him (they do).

How old are you? Whatever you reply with I'd have to assume you've the mental age of a 12 year old.

Laughing faces and "in the mud" to anyone who dares put forward a counter argument.

Are you still doing this? :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Get done with this already. He's obviously joining us. Barcelona are just trying to control the melodramatic narrative.

UnitedFire

If any of you think any footballer would take a wage cut in the start of their prime, you're fooling yourself.
It's a short career and rightly, he'd want to make as much as possible. Especially now that he's starting a family.

I think one of the reason holding this up is the deferred salary that he was owed by Barcelona. Would Barca obligate to pay him the difference of salary that he deferred, if he's gone this summer? Maybe they want United to paid this
Your point is valid, but this is hilarious. Most people support a family for a year on what FDJ will earn in a couple of days :lol: :lol:

There is no especially to this!

WPMUFC

That's not the point.

The lads I quoted are using him as a source to confirm their blind faith that the deal is on and Frenkie can't wait to rock up to OT.

If he hasn't been relevant then perhaps they shouldn't be taking him at his word.
you added me in your post when my post was reveling in romano saying the deal was on. If you actually read my Odgen post, you wouldve seen that i was mocking odgen for adding nothing new to the conversation. Ogden literally called Laporta a liar.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Doing what exactly? Expressing an opinion.

What have I said that is matter of fact, untrue?

Fixed for you mate.
You’re not coming across that way pal. You come across bitter and delusional.

You laugh at me for not being serious when it’s obvious there is no way of having a serious conversation with you. I don’t think you’re capable of it.

Keefy18

you added me in your post when my post was reveling in romano saying the deal was on. If you actually read my Odgen post, you wouldve seen that i was mocking odgen for adding nothing new to the conversation. Ogden literally called Laporta a liar.
It's more so the "doomers" sentiment, hence I tagged that comment.

Ogden stated the only lie is the "many clubs" sentiment. That aside what Laporta has said is actually true.

Frenkie wants to stay put, but accepts due to financial issues he'll be forced out.
Barca want to keep him
Xavi wants him

I think its the blind faith mentality that's actually manipulating the statement. Laporta has literally said take a pay cut if you want to stay, otherwise sod off... It doesn't get more telling than that.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Laporta is a person who lies more than speaks. He is an unpredictable person. He loves mud and moves there better than anyone. He is also a very intelligent person and makes the movements at the right time and always having an escape route.

In the FDJ case we can only wait because anything can happen.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It's more so the "doomers" sentiment, hence I tagged that comment.

Ogden stated the only lie is the "many clubs" sentiment. That aside what Laporta has said is actually true.

Frenkie wants to stay put, but accepts due to financial issues he'll be forced out.
Barca want to keep him
Xavi wants him

I think its the blind faith mentality that's actually manipulating the statement. Laporta has literally said take a pay cut if you want to stay, otherwise sod off... It doesn't get more telling than that.
And you don't think... given all the reports that Barca want him gone, that offer is going to be something they KNOW he won't accept?

Berbaclass

Laporta is a person who lies more than speaks. He is an unpredictable person. He loves mud and moves there better than anyone. He is also a very intelligent person and makes the movements at the right time and always having an escape route.

In the FDJ case we can only wait because anything can happen.
so does @Keefy18

Keefy18

You’re not coming across that way pal. You come across bitter and delusional.

You laugh at me for not being serious when it’s obvious there is no way of having a serious conversation with you. I don’t think you’re capable of it.
We can agree to disagree and that's absolutely fine. You don't want to accept my opinions and that's OK with me.

I don't recall sending laughing faces? I have stated I believe you are going on this whole transfer on blind faith and mocking others for their opinions.

The deal may be done, still I'm not convinced we'll get the best version of FDJ for the obvious reason he doesn't want to be at United.

Lets be honest, we most likely wouldn't of even entered into a transfer discussion with Barca if they were financially stable.

fps

Laporta has to publicly signal that his hands are tied in terms of keeping de Jong so he doesn't appear to hold any blame for his departure.

There's still no doubt that de Jong is at his dream club and wants to stay there.

red thru&thru

Most likely he will stay and takes a huge wage cut. The other option is Laporta wants United to pay up, which is doubtful
What I mean is, why is he coming out talking as he is, if there's been no talks of him leaving? If the player was saying I want to go, then I could understand his comments.

Just a big PR game. Not to sure why fans fall for it but they do.

AdNani

We can agree to disagree and that's absolutely fine. You don't want to accept my opinions and that's OK with me.

I don't recall sending laughing faces? I have stated I believe you are going on this whole transfer on blind faith and mocking others for their opinions.

The deal may be done, still I'm not convinced we'll get the best version of FDJ for the obvious reason he doesn't want to be at United.

Lets be honest, we most likely wouldn't of even entered into a transfer discussion with Barca if they were financially stable.
i think stating we wouldn't enter discussions with a club a player if they weren't for sale is pretty obvious don't you?

DavelinaJolie

If they were financially stable De Jong wouldn't even be available. But the facts are they aren't and he is. To not try and take advantage of that when you've just brought in a manager that got more out of FDJ than Barca have would be pretty poor.

UncleBob

You’re working with old news pal, Barce have eased their need to sell in the short term and have raised funds hence why they’re on the verge of signing Rafinha for 60m.

The relation to Fabregas will be very similar if this deal doesn’t go through at this stage, we’ll look desperate and overpay for a player nowhere near the level of FdJ.

In what world does it take over 2 months of negotiating for a player who has publicly stated his desire to stay? it’s fecking obviously not happening.
How on earth will it be very similar to the Fabregas shambles?

UncleBob

Oh okay, so Koeman is lying about what Frenkie De Jong told him personally. I'm sure you'll find a story where De Jong calls him a liar then
Where did Koeman say Frenkie told him personally?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You’re working with old news pal, Barce have eased their need to sell in the short term and have raised funds hence why they’re on the verge of signing Rafinha for 60m.

The relation to Fabregas will be very similar if this deal doesn’t go through at this stage, we’ll look desperate and overpay for a player nowhere near the level of FdJ.

In what world does it take over 2 months of negotiating for a player who has publicly stated his desire to stay? it’s fecking obviously not happening.
Do you actually think they can consider keeping Frenkie? From what I understand, they can barely register players signed from January.

They need a lot more breathing room than they currently have.

Berbaclass

Do you actually think they can consider keeping Frenkie? From what I understand, they can barely register players signed from January.

They need a lot more breathing room than they currently have.
As it stands currently they cant.

Real Name

I'm not excited whatever way it goes.

If he stays I'd probably be happier tbh, I don't particularly care to invest in a player who doesn't want to be here.

I mean Ronaldo is getting rinsed for not wanting to be here and we've folks doing mental gymnastics to make themselves feel good over this deal and Frenkie wanting to stay put in Barca.

It's a blatant contradiction.
So in other words you're gonna cry whatever happens?

Infestissumam

people just need to stop living in extremes. "He doesn't want to come" is obviously simplifying things ... I'm sure that, in a perfect world, de Jong would prefer to stay at Barcelona, a club he clearly loves. But it's also undeniable that their financial situation is dire, to say the least. Whatever Señor Levers (I love that name so I'll just steal it, sorry @hellhunter :D) says publicly, they need to sell Frenkie in order to somehow make it work and register new players. Those are cold hard facts, the rest is just posturing and setting up a narrative. As for de Jong, even if he'd prefer to stay, I have no doubts that he'd accept coming to United and working with Ten Hag (who I think is absolute key in all of this) again. If he wasn't, United wouldn't have spent weeks trying to negotiate a fee. Even if we all agree that incompetence has been rife at this club over the past years, not even our board would be that daft.

if you look at all those things from a logical standpoint, everything is still pointing towards de Jong being sold to United. Relax, people.

Unam333

If any of you think any footballer would take a wage cut in the start of their prime, you're fooling yourself.
It's a short career and rightly, he'd want to make as much as possible. Especially now that he's starting a family.

I think one of the reason holding this up is the deferred salary that he was owed by Barcelona. Would Barca obligate to pay him the difference of salary that he deferred, if he's gone this summer? Maybe they want United to paid this
He really must love the football club and the lifestyle if he decides to stay in Barcelona.

From a sporting point of view United and Barcelona are equal as we both won't challenge for the big trophies. So, if I was Frenkie, I would choose to be financially secure right now. The club wants you to stay, but you have to accept a paycut. Ok, fair enough. But like you mentioned, a football career is short and there's no guarantee de Jong will get a bigger contract if Barca decides to sell him.

Actually it's sad. Barcelona knows de Jong likes the club and wants to stay. They are using these sentiments to try and let him take a paycut. He's in his prime, a worldclass player is his position. Why accept less what he deserves?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
At the end of the day, we shouldn’t be signing players who really don’t want to come and are only moving because they’re forced to. It’s a blow if he doesn’t come but we need to move on and find new targets I reckon

Berbaclass

Imagine being told we really want to keep you Frenkie, honest, we'll do anything to get you to stay but we're going to have to cut your wages by 60%. 'Get fecked' is the only reasonable response I can think of.
Rightly so. They agreed on a contract, they should honor it.

Especially when they asked him to defer his wages. They are a fecking circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.