Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
London certainly helps, but you've got to remember, de Jong was born in 1997. He, like a lot of players from his generation, did not grow up watching United's success in the 2000's. They are used to seeing the likes of Chelsea, City, liverpool win, not united. Its no wonder Chelsea has that draw over United, a club that hasnt won anything in the last 5 years, no PL for 10 years and no CL since 2008.
We last won the title 9 years ago. We aren’t signing a 12 year old here!
Ey? From the age of 7-15 he would have seen Utd win everything. Including some potential idols in Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie and even when FDJ had aspirations of being a GK, he had Van Der Saar.
Yes I thought this

@Ayoba we can fetch you an abacus if you need one?

Infact Dr @Bebestation might be able to help with his TARDIS

TheLord

If things weren't already complicated, the introduction of [Irrelevant point] to this endless saga makes it even more complicated. Alonso wants to go to Barca, Chelsea want to sell him. Don't know if that will work out in our favour.

TheReligion

Abusive
How? It's like playing hard to get with somebody that hasn't even looked at you yet :lol:
I’ll explain again.

De Jong and his agent will have more power to negotiate a bigger deal with United if United believe he has other clubs after him or at the table.

If United know it’s their offer or nothing then De Jong and his team wouldn’t be in a position to push things as much.

lsd

The Oracle
Reading comments by Chelsea fans on twitter and there are a lot who don't want De Jong as they don't think he is better than what they have.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If things weren't already complicated, the introduction of [Irrelevant point] to this endless saga makes it even more complicated. Alonso wants to go to Barca, Chelsea want to sell him. Don't know if that will work out in our favour.
Not 100% sure, but i'm sure i read ages ago that any deal for Alonso (and then Azpi) were going to be done outside of any potiential FdJ to Chelsea transfer (back when there was very slight interest).
I imagine that'll be the same now, deals would be done seperately if needed. I'm still thinking that this is mostly Barca trying to play mind games to get United to panic and cough up de Jongs deferred wages. Thats just my opinion though, links seem much much stronger in Spain than they do over here

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I’ll explain again.

De Jong and his agent will have more power to negotiate a bigger deal with United if United believe he has other clubs after him or at the table.

If United know it’s their offer or nothing then De Jong and his team wouldn’t be in a position to push things as much.
By all accounts the salary won't be an issue, we'll offer him what he wants/can reasonably expect. They have leverage already ie he stays at Barca on his current deal. I think you're grasping at straws if you think the Chelsea stuff is cooked up preemptively ready for salary negotiations.

We're desperate, all in on him. He'll get what he wants.

TheReligion

Abusive
By all accounts the salary won't be an issue, we'll offer him what he wants/can reasonably expect. They have leverage already ie he stays at Barca on his current deal. I think you're grasping at straws if you think the Chelsea stuff is cooked up preemptively ready for salary negotiations.

We're desperate, all in on him. He'll get what he wants.
I’m not grasping at anything. I’m not overly arsed. It’s just common sense really.

Cooked up or not it’s in both Barcas and De Jongs interest if there’s more than one club chasing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Mitten saying that the Chelsea owner is playing FM and that you can’t rule them out just because of that. What Frenkie want only he himself know. We will get him.
Mitten also said hes led to believe Frenkie prefers London.

OrcaFat

Gavi isn't going anywhere. I think Barca are just saying this because now they failed to register their players. If they had got away with it, they would have replaced FDJ with Silva using finds from FDJ sale. Instead, those funds are needed to register the players they already bought, leaving nothing for Silva. It's all face-saving.
Exactly.

OrcaFat

Reading comments by Chelsea fans on twitter and there are a lot who don't want De Jong as they don't think he is better than what they have.
Yeah, they absolutely don’t need him and he probably wouldn’t improve them significantly, if at all.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think that everyone saying that has that from someone’s opinion.
Yeah but Mittens sources tends to be good ones.

Harry Redknaps source may well be different to his, and the Catalan outlets also say Chelsea is preferred.

All we have is "surely we would not wait this long if he didnt want us"

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah but Mittens sources tends to be good ones.

Harry Redknaps source may well be different to his, and the Catalan outlets also say Chelsea is preferred.

All we have is "surely we would not wait this long if he didnt want us"
Not true really.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I’m not grasping at anything. I’m not overly arsed. It’s just common sense really.

Cooked up or not it’s in both Barcas and De Jongs interest if there’s more than one club chasing.
What about the media saying Chelsea won't offer the same fee or salary as us? How does that help put pressure on us? If it's all games from Barca then why was there a journalist saying that? And why have Barca offered him for less than we've agreed? It just doesn't make sense.

TheReligion

Abusive
What about the media saying Chelsea won't offer the same fee or salary as us? How does that help put pressure on us? If it's all games from Barca then why was there a journalist saying that? And why have Barca offered him for less than we've agreed? It just doesn't make sense.
It doesn’t really matter what the media say.

They’ve suggested literally every single possible outcome so far.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, they absolutely don’t need him and he probably wouldn’t improve them significantly, if at all.
Think he'd definitely be a starter over Jorginho/Kovacic but I don't think he should be a priority signing for the club this summer.

I consider our current midfield options to be more than fine for another season. A rebuild will likely be needed next year should Kante, Jorginho or even both move on but without some outgoings I don't see the need for De Jong this year.

If (a big if) the club do go for De Jong, the only reasoning that makes any sense is they just want to plan in advance so the midfield doesn't have to go through a similar overhaul in one go as the CB department this summer where more than half of current options left simultaneously and it became very difficult to get good players in when everyone knows you're desperate for new signings. Even then it only really makes sense if Jorginho can be sold this summer because otherwise it just royally fecks over Conor Gallagher for whom Tuchel has already promised a role in the squad as a rotational player.

lex talionis

Just to be clear, it’s Frenkie himself who’s holding things up and not United or Barcelona, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.