Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus agrippa

He's reporting exactly what he's been told by multiple sources. Two sources have said he would prefer a move to Chelsea / London. Others have said he isn't closed to a united move if that's how it pans out. He says Chelsea have not made an offer yet and that relations between the two clubs are not good. There is nothing contradictory here. Andy has spoken to people who are high up at Barcelona, he has those kinds of contacts. If you don't want to believe what he is reporting then that's fine and is your right. I know though that he won't have written what he wrote without having checked his facts with multiple sources. Of course maybe they don't tell him 100% truth, but that's true for every journalist.
Didn't Boelhy meet with the Barca hierarchy early this summer? Must have hogged the buffet table too much at lunch for Laporta's liking.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Even if he has given us the brush off, we're likely not going to make it known that we're no longer after FDJ if we're still negotiating with the guy we're buying instead of him and his club. I suspect we'll make brief the usuals this week that we're no longer in for him and then the thing with Chelsea will accelerate soon after.
Well the fact that the thing with Chelsea died down after Tuchels comments on Saturday must tell you that these comments are coming from Barcas side. If they weren't, why have they quieted down?

Barca can't throw comments out there if Chelsea have said that, essentially, de Jong isn't a priority

angak

We are not singing Rabiot if we were signing De Jong.

Wake up people.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I don't believe we're cooling our interest. I just believe that FDJ has no interest and we might be starting to realise that
And you fool tied your fate to him. Already feeling the impending doom? Soon the Muppet God will justly claim you for your failure, mwahahaha

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
i find it hard to believe he told his teammates this and then his teammates ran straight to this journalist with the information
A mole in the dressing room you say, feeding snippets to media? I'll bet that happens at almost every single club

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
It's got to the point that these folk who make shit up are now actively trolling United fans.

Maybe de Jong doesn't want to join but he's not telling these sad cnuts his business on a daily basis.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Media are trolling us at this point haha

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If there's one thing we can take away from this, it's that the Spanish media HATE United. God knows what we've done to them

mancan92

Some of you guys are hilarious. If Rabiot was the plan all along why would we wait to do the deal now? He has been transfer listed the entire summer. Its clear he is a alternative to de Jong. There's no other reason to do this deal now.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
That's my worry. If we were going for another CM anyway why not earlier? Or did EtH first have to see the shitshow our CM is in a competitive PL game?
I'm quite sure our players sell a lot of smoke during training sessions and the pre-season tour. Maybe that's why we got a psychiatrist for them. Still doesn't make sense this late approach.

Tony247

Some of you guys are hilarious. If Rabiot was the plan all along why would we wait to do the deal now? He has been transfer listed the entire summer. Its clear he is a alternative to de Jong. There's no other reason to do this deal now.
I think it is a panic buy after the first match. United just realised they need at least 2 midfielders.

cyberman

We have bid for him the same time as the Austrian kid got laundered to Germany. I’m guessing we know what funds we 100 percent have left now

Status
Not open for further replies.