Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Look at the blame game beginning. Its all Ten Hag's fault we're panicking at the end of the window. Wonder who's fed that to the journalists?

Always, always ends up like this.

The people that run this club are more interested in covering their ar$es than helping us succeed.
Isn't it clearly nonsense since the alternative has been reported by more reputable sources than the Daily Mail?

goalscholes

Maybe I’m stupidly optimistic, but have we called both Frenkie/ Barcas bluff by threatening to walk away.

FDJ doesn’t want to be stuck on the bench of a club trying to sue him, or for his wages to be stolen. Barca can’t afford to keep a player on ridiculous wages, or keep one they’re planning to take to court.

Or, it’s over and this whole process has destroyed our season, and maybe the rest of the decade.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Look at the blame game beginning. Its all Ten Hag's fault we're panicking at the end of the window. Wonder who's fed that to the journalists?

The people that run this club are more interested in covering their ar$es than helping us succeed.
Was always going to end this way. Murtough, Arnold and co will blame ETH.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Maybe I’m stupidly optimistic, but have we called both Frenkie/ Barcas bluff by threatening to walk away.

FDJ doesn’t want to be stuck on the bench of a club trying to sue him, or for his wages to be stolen. Barca can’t afford to keep a player on ridiculous wages, or keep one they’re planning to take to court.

Or, it’s over and this whole process has destroyed our season, and maybe the rest of the decade.
There goes the decade now, with this one transfer saga :(

This is just like when we didn't sign Gaitan and then didn't win anything for a decade :(

Gandalf

He is quoting sources at the club.
This isn't an opinion piece. The club think the chances are slim.
He actually isn't though, he uses the phrase sources but he does not directly quote anyone and all that he has written is essentially a summary of the more negative tweets in the last 24 hours with his opinions thrown in. He may well be right but it is not from the horses mouth as it is being portrayed, I would much rather hear from Whitwell or Ornstein on this.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Why is that half the caf figured we weren't getting him 3 weeks ago, but the board are just now coming to the realisation?

Castia

That's fair enough for 1 month or maybe 2 but over 3 months of the summer window did they not think about alternatives weeks ago? like it's been obvious to me and many others this deal was not happening.

How unprepared can you be.

MUFC OK

We need putting out of our misery once and for all on this. Then we can fully move on.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
What an absolute shitshow. Anyone on the board associated with pursuing this deal all summer should be shown the door.

TheReligion

Abusive
He actually isn't though, he uses the phrase sources but he does not directly quote anyone and all that he has written is essentially a summary of the more negative tweets in the last 24 hours with his opinions thrown in. He may well be right but it is not from the horses mouth as it is being portrayed, I would much rather hear from Whitwell or Ornstein on this.
Yes I don’t think people understand what a quote is.

He also uses ‘appear’ and ‘currently’ which means he’s hedging his bets.

Essentially I’m not sure anyone knows anything for certain.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
You expect him to give names of sources?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Mokbel is pretty good. As reliable as the other two imo.
I think we are arguing semantics tbh. It is clear people at the club now feel this deal is almost dead and are now telling the press so.

joedirt87

Moyes summer 2.0, except we did actually manage a couple signings. Last couple tweets from the Barca aggregators have Romero saying Chelsea close to deal with Barca and doing everything they can to get de Jong.

dove

Is he supposed to name his sources? It's quite clearly not an opinion piece. Whether his sources are reliable or not is a different question but it doesn't make it opinion piece...

TheLord

Because we aren't remotely capable of simultaneously working on two important targets, this is not just losing out on a very talented player for a very important position, but also losing out on all other key players who could have been acquired earlier in the window.

When we start an important transfer, it feels like being trapped in a quicksand that pulls us deeper and deeper into the hole with no way to escape.

Gandalf

You expect him to give names of sources?
He does not have to but then you cannot turn around and term it as a quote when it quite explicitly is not. He is stating he has heard from his sources, that is hearsay not a quote. Again, not saying it is not true but an actual direct quote is far more meaningful than what he has written and we are yet to have anything like that.

Gandalf

Move on then, pointless to wait and see him sign for Chelsea next week. This was clear all August. Still 3 weeks to do some deals.
We are negotiating with Rabiot and close to bidding for SMS. Not sure why people think we need to put a full stop in this to start conducting other business, we have been pursuing other deals all summer.

theklr

That's fair enough for 1 month or maybe 2 but over 3 months of the summer window did they not think about alternatives weeks ago? like it's been obvious to me and many others this deal was not happening.

Its pretty clear the alternative is SMS

Speako

There are now 5 outlets saying we've agreed personal terms through his agent, as well as pay terms with Barca, prior to this afternoon's meeting. That's new, right?

flappyjay

Its hard to believe how inept people can be at doing their jobs whilst being paid millions.

dove

How about you read it and show how it's not an opinion piece? He may well be right but he states nothing that he's received from a source about the deal.
:houllier: He clearly references his sources...

"Sources have indicated that a move to Stamford Bridge is currently a more realistic prospect than De Jong being reunited with Ten Hag."

Chief123

Is he supposed to name his sources? It's quite clearly not an opinion piece. Whether his sources are reliable or not is a different question but it doesn't make it opinion piece...
Do you know what an opinion piece is and how it differs from a quoted source?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Having read it, it does just seem like another opinion piece.
He is quoting sources at the club.
This isn't an opinion piece. The club think the chances are slim.
Yes I don’t think people understand what a quote is.

He also uses ‘appear’ and ‘currently’ which means he’s hedging his bets.

Essentially I’m not sure anyone knows anything for certain.
The first part of the article seems a little sensationalised. It's all based on these last two passages at the end of the article:
Sources have indicated that a move to Stamford Bridge is currently a more realistic prospect than De Jong being reunited with Ten Hag. Whether De Jong leaves Catalonia this summer will still heavily hinge on the much-publicised impasse over his deferred wages.

Sources close to the De Jong’s proposed move to Old Trafford had previously indicated to Sportsmail that United would have been willing to pay a percentage of the money the midfielder is owed in order to land the player Ten Hag had identified as vital to his blueprint. However, unless there is an unexpected turn of events, Ten Hag and United are headed for disappointment.
So whoever Sami got this info from indicated to him that Chelsea's a more likely destination at the moment, and the first half of the article basically dives into this info. You can blame the Daily Mail editors for the blame game.

lsd

The Oracle
Was always going to end this way. Murtough, Arnold and co will blame ETH.

To be fair they have a point. It's been embarrassing having him fawn over the player in public when it was obvious he didn't want to come.

To refuse to consider an alternative is criminal

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

It was reported throughout the entire transfer window that we didn’t have any alternatives set in place for Frenkie, to be fair.

Chief123

:houllier: He clearly references his sources...

"Sources have indicated that a move to Stamford Bridge is currently a more realistic prospect than De Jong being reunited with Ten Hag."
You clown. That is not referencing a source! :lol:

izec

Of course the deal is dead, internally anyway. We have been linked by credible sources with a couple of midfielders the last 2-3 days. This is not a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.