Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Technically they can keep him in this scenario but they really do not want to. The levers are part of a financial plan and they are projecting certain revenues within that plan and also reductions in operating costs. Selling FDJ would bring in a fee of 85M (revenue) and offload salary of 90M (operating costs) which is a pretty significant part of their plan that they could not easily replace. When you further consider that both of the above amounts are fixed it becomes more important, some of their other revenue projections link to performance such as reaching the latter stages of the CL this year, that is revenue they hope to receive but could miss out on if they flop in the group stages like they did last year.

Now your point about Frenkie is correct, he can stay and keep his salary and if push comes to shove they are not going to bench an asset that is costing them in the region of 500K a week. I think the reason he may still leave is that his relationship with the club has to be close to irretrievably broken at this point and their desperation to cash in is such that they will really ramp up their efforts to force him out of the door and we have seen that when it comes to dirty tricks there is no bottom in Barca.

He will probably still leave but he is going to hang in there and get every last penny of his deferred wages back before accepting a move. He is clearly stubborn and seems a strong enough character to shrug off their petty antics so they are going to have to back down if they want to resolve this. If we were not so desperate for him to revitalize our midfield I would be actively cheering for him to stay put and refuse a move at all costs and insist on seeing out his contract as I do believe this will place Barca in a position where they will end up needing to sell off even more of their assets to stay afloat.
Barca clearly wants him to leave but I don't think that really matters very much. FDJ has always controlled his own destiny but whatever small amount of leverage Barca had over him is essentially gone once the season begins and they have all their players registered. They can't rally the public against him by painting him as the bad guy preventing them from playing Lewa and Raphinha. They're not going to refuse to play him now that the matches count. If FDJ rode out that entire storm, I don't see why he would cave now and accept an outcome he views as inferior to the status quo. He obviously prefers to stay at Barcelona, that is what he said over and over from the beginning of the summer.

George The Best

Technically they can keep him in this scenario but they really do not want to. The levers are part of a financial plan and they are projecting certain revenues within that plan and also reductions in operating costs. Selling FDJ would bring in a fee of 85M (revenue) and offload salary of 90M (operating costs) which is a pretty significant part of their plan that they could not easily replace. When you further consider that both of the above amounts are fixed it becomes more important, some of their other revenue projections link to performance such as reaching the latter stages of the CL this year, that is revenue they hope to receive but could miss out on if they flop in the group stages like they did last year.

Now your point about Frenkie is correct, he can stay and keep his salary and if push comes to shove they are not going to bench an asset that is costing them in the region of 500K a week. I think the reason he may still leave is that his relationship with the club has to be close to irretrievably broken at this point and their desperation to cash in is such that they will really ramp up their efforts to force him out of the door and we have seen that when it comes to dirty tricks there is no bottom in Barca.

He will probably still leave but he is going to hang in there and get every last penny of his deferred wages back before accepting a move. He is clearly stubborn and seems a strong enough character to shrug off their petty antics so they are going to have to back down if they want to resolve this. If we were not so desperate for him to revitalize our midfield I would be actively cheering for him to stay put and refuse a move at all costs and insist on seeing out his contract as I do believe this will place Barca in a position where they will end up needing to sell off even more of their assets to stay afloat.
So, if the benefit of selling FDJ is around 175m to Barca, why are they refusing to pay his 17m deferred wages. None of it makes any sense from Barca’s side.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
So, if the benefit of selling FDJ is around 175m to Barca, why are they refusing to pay his 17m deferred wages. None of it makes any sense from Barca’s side.
Most likely because the deferred wage thing is a red herring and the main issue is simply that FDJ doesn't want to leave the club.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Just for the muppets that only read this thread. The Fofana deal looks like it is getting close and the Chelsea pursuit of de Jong has cooled. Related?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Just for the muppets that only read this thread. The Fofana deal looks like it is getting close and the Chelsea pursuit of de Jong has cooled. Related?

Always liked you Zaphod, you guys crack on and get your man :D

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Maybe because they realise that they don't need a midfielder? Or that, perhaps, they don't have as unlimited funds as they thought?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

It’s probably taken you lot less than a week to realise he doesn’t want to leave Barca.

We’ll be there to the bitter end.

AlexUTD

Appreciate the muppet support mate!

Fofana for 80M? :eek: Leicester have done well here and the Maguire sale
Fofana is a really good player if he can stay fit, huge potential.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Fofana for 80M? :eek: Leicester have done well here and the Maguire sale
Almost worth not putting my kids in school and getting them to play football 12 hours a day from the age of 4.

The fees involved are just mental.

Gandalf

I think initially they wanted to get away with not paying the 17M and even recently the compromise figure they were offering was reported to be only 6M. Mental really but they want to have their cake and eat it obviously, judging by Laporta's gut that is his approach to most things. They figured Frenkie would eventually cave and if they could keep 11M of what they owed then it was worth acting like cnuts all summer. It may have backfired though and could cost them the whole enchilada, sorry Joan just brings out the food analogies in me.

I think back in June FDJ wanted to stay but genuinely communicated to us that if Barca paid him off he would be open to the move. I am starting to think that by being such utter twats Barca have misjudged how stubborn Frenkie can be and he now has decided that even with a payoff he is not leaving and he is going to make them fulfill the entire contract. Barca are beginning to wake up to this reality and the stories today about his agent blowing off a meeting with them is the ultimate power move, he has a contract, it is iron clad so what is there to talk about? I anticipate Barca becoming truly desperate ahead of the transfer deadline and it is going to be fascinating to see how they play this.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Maybe because they realise that they don't need a midfielder? Or that, perhaps, they don't have as unlimited funds as they thought?
Or someone used Chelsea to try to make us pay more or act quicker.
Like.... like agents do all the time when it comes to United.

NZT-One

Barca look like a complete joke of a club but are still out performing Utd in the transfer market several times over.... I have reached the point where I am taking pride in our incompetence, I mean if you do something really well celebrate it, right? we we are really great at being useless
Thats the spirit :)

NLunited

Apparently the old regime made mistakes with high player wages and therefore a new regime coming in and asking everyone to take pay cuts is very normal. Give them some time and they'll tell you how pay cuts are not enough and the players should instead be paying Barcelona for having the privilege to pay for the club.
Frenkie‘s wages are not higher than similar players at PSG, City, MU. I think Dembele‘s new contract has wages that are higher than Frenkie‘s minus the deferred payments.

Basically what Barfa are saying is total bullshit.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Or someone used Chelsea to try to make us pay more or act quicker.
Like.... like agents do all the time when it comes to United.
I have been tryying to say this many pages mate but people dont believe it.
The only truth to the Chelsea rumours were that Todd enquired about his availability. Everything else is pure connection.

The problem is, this deal has created mass hysteria amongst United fans, in part because a deal was agreed and then fell on its head.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

You’re a good guy Zaphod. Who is saying the Chelsea interest has cooled please ?

Spoony

The People's President
The only truth to the Chelsea rumours were that Todd enquired about his availability. Everything else is pure connection.

The problem is, this deal has created mass hysteria amongst United fans, in part because a deal was agreed and then fell on its head.

We were never interested in de Jong. He was a smokescreen.

lex talionis

Boiling this all down Frenkie, has to decide:
  • Whether to take the wage haircut -- scalp job, arguably -- and be adored by Barca lunatics once again and keep the WAG happy
  • Do a Bale, which would keep the WAG happy but what a miserable life for Frenkie himself (although a happy WAG is not to be underestimated)
  • Go to United, which presumably in the end pay massive waged and take care of at least a part of the deferred wages (though the future of the ETH project is uncertain)
  • Go to Chelsea, with all the pleasures (and huge wages...or does Chelsea pay massive wages?) that life in London gives and the stage of the CL (though I have my doubts about where Chelsea is going)
If it is going to go our way, we can thank ETH and only ETH for being the tiebreaker. Anyone else as United manager we're not even in the conversation.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
You’re a good guy Zaphod. Who is saying the Chelsea interest has cooled please ?
There have been a few things said about it. Tuchel was asked and he usually does not speak about transfers but he said that midfield was not a prioity right now. There have also been the Barca sources that have slowed down their rhetoric since he made that statement.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
There have been a few things said about it. Tuchel was asked and he usually does not speak about transfers but he said that midfield was not a prioity right now. There have also been the Barca sources that have slowed down their rhetoric since he made that statement.
Might be a priority if this happens though:

AlexUTD

Thankfully mmost of the Caf muppets survived it....barely! ;) :lol:

Wasn't kounde like 55-60? Crazy. At least it's under 100 so it's a win I guess
Hm yeah i think so, Kounde is a really good player but Fofana is a beast when in form.

I remember when Fofana started in Leicester and he was bossing every match, i was hugely impressed but he has had issues with injuries so it could hinder his improvement, we have seen it before.

We were never interested in de Jong. He was a smokescreen.
Smokescreen to get Rabiot and Arnatouvic ? :wenger:

Spoony

The People's President
Thankfully mmost of the Caf muppets survived it....barely! ;) :lol:

Hm yeah i think so, Kounde is a really good player but Fofana is a beast when in form.

I remember when Fofana started in Leicester and he was bossing every match, i was hugely impressed but he has had issues with injuries so it could hinder his improvement, we have seen it before.

Smokescreen to get Rabiot and Arnatouvic ? :wenger:

Obviously. We're in Turin getting it on with Rabiot's mum. Surely it's quite telling?

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Fofana being imminent very well could be related.But I never got the impression this was an either/or situation.

I think we are where we have been all along: We let them know what we could offer, and if/when he gives in and decides to leave we will be there.

The deferred wages are NOT the issue. He genuinely refuses to leave.

That is Barca’s issue. When it gets sorted, all this talk about work with agents and stuff is pointless. It s hypothetical til it happens, and it only takes about 20 seconds to say “we will match that” or “we will beat that by x amount”.

I don’t think De Jong agrees to leave until it gets to the point Xavi and Laporte turn on him publicly, and specifically says he’s not wanted at Barcelona. That hasn’t happened yet. They are still saying how much they value him.with a tiny bit of hedging. De Jong is gonna play dumb until they publicly say “get OUT”. This is a PR war now.

Status
Not open for further replies.