Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

People saying todays result means it’s off, I think it’s the opposite. We’ll throw absolutely everything at him this week to try and get it done, especially ahead of planned Liverpool protests
He's telling us where to go after that, so blame these clowns in green shirts for losing out

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We could have covered all his deferred salary from Barca and he still wouldn't want to come here.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Us and Barcelona are the same shit. Come here Frenkie, this is your dream club.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Have I missed much? There's been about 10 pages from half 9 last night but I'm not awake enough to read them yet... haha

Acquire Me

I love that when shit hit the fan yesterday, some mighty fine and crazy people held this thread flying without hesitation.

Happy FdJ day folks.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Hilarious - one Sunday newspaper saying he'd prefer to go to Chelsea (Sunday Telegraph), while another (Sunday Sun) reports he's told barca dressing room he could join us... I'd really like to know if Murtough and Arnold have talked to the player. The likes of City seem to agree terms with the player and then negotiate with the the club - which seems to take a few days (at the most) rather than a few months...

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Sounds about right. Pretty sure a couple of results won't change anything
Maybe Barca - as part of their "cost-cutting" (aka bending the rules) - have cancelled their Sky Sports subscription so FdJ hasn't seen the game. ha ha

RkkMan

At this point I`ll genuinely have no ill feelings if he chooses to stay at Barcelona or go to Chelsea
We`re a huge fecking mess which any top player would be crazy to join because their talent will be sucked outta them with the dark cloud hanging over the club

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Wether it happens or not, would be pretty fecking weird if not even ETH believed he's chose us
You have to think that ten Hag would know whats happening or has been told by de Jong what his preferences would be should he leave.
If there was a hint of him wanting to go to Chelsea and preferring that over United, i don't think he'd want to stick around and wait

Paul778

FDJ would only join us now if we could show him at least two other top notch signing to go straight into the team.

Otherwise why sign for 3 years+ for a club that at present looks more likely to be in a relegation battle than pushing for top 4.

Man Utd just doesn't have that sort of clout. Anyone we sign now will be at a massive premium that we cannot then shift.

For the Southampton game i would seriously look at a low block with Iqbal. Let's stop shipping goals.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You should just pay him the money Barca owe and get this done.

It'll be annoying to help Barca out in such a manner but whatever.

Would any of you lot object to letting Barca "win" this one if you get the player you need?

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

Would any of you lot object to letting Barca "win" this one if you get the player you need?
I think if this was the hold up then he would be already here. Some other legal issue between him and Barca has to be the spanner.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

Absolutely right here, the time to do the 'right' thing is gone. ETH seems to have decided we absolutely need him, so we really can't afford missing out just so that Barca didn't 'win'

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I still think we're gonna get him but damn if yesterday didn't take the joy out of this :(

Laurencio

If it all is as easy as that, then we are fecking idiots for not doing so right away. I really hope that isn't the case. If the difference between him joining us before pre-season and on deadline day was 17M, that would be laughable.

Anderson_7_

FDJ alone wouldn't change anything. We need 7-8 new players (of decent quality) to start functioning properly as a team.

Acquire Me

He also seems to believe in Maguire. So not too sure about his beliefs.
I don’t think a Rangnick situation is the best way to go. EtH obviously knows he got a hell of a job to do without making more trouble calling individuals out.

Status
Not open for further replies.