Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It won't make a difference. I can guarantee now even if we get De Jong AND Casemiro we won't make top 4. Thats the sad state of our team. There are soooo many holes. Not just one or two to fix.
No you can't. Similar shambolic start 2 years ago saw us finish 2nd. Unreal opening day last year saw us finish 6th. It's extremely unpredictable and things change so quickly. Signing two quality players in a weak area is exactly the kind of thing that doesn't guarantee anything.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It won't make a difference. I can guarantee now even if we get De Jong AND Casemiro we won't make top 4. Thats the sad state of our team. There are soooo many holes. Not just one or two to fix.
:houllier: you think if we signed two of the best midfielders in the world we wouldn't make top 4?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Ermm. I don’t know bro. I’m sure Any quality player would prefer to play with FDJ instead of Fred and McTominay…

How can you say it won’t make a difference when literally better players normally gets you a better team.

They balance off each-other perfectly and the only holes that need fixing is our attack… we already have a ready made 10 in Eriksen so we just need a Rashford replacement.
If I say it won't make a difference I did not mean it won't improve the quality of our team. I meant it won't be a difference for FDJ cause it looks like he is insistent on Europe and we can't provide that for him even if we sign Casemiro.

RDCR07

No you can't. Similar shambolic start 2 years ago saw us finish 2nd. Unreal opening day last year saw us finish 6th. It's extremely unpredictable and things change so quickly. Signing two quality players in a weak area is exactly the kind of thing that doesn't guarantee anything.
:houllier: you think if we signed two of the best midfielders in the world we wouldn't make top 4?
Our attack and defense is good enough for only the bottom half of the table. They are good names on paper but for 12-15 months they haven't converted on the field. The start to this season proves that yet again. We have only scored 1 goal in 2 games. And our shot on targets and pressure inside the opposition half isn't there either.

worldinmotion66

Hypothetically, would you be happy to sign Casemiro and De Jong, lose Ronaldo, and go into the season without signing a striker?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Our attack and defense is good enough for only the bottom half of the table. They are good names on paper but for 12-15 months they haven't converted on the field. The start to this season proves that yet again. We have only scored 1 goal in 2 games. And our shot on targets and pressure inside the opposition half isn't there either.
As I said before, there's 9 months to go. 2 games can be indicative of nothing in hindsight at the end of the season.

Mainoldo

If I say it won't make a difference I did not mean it won't improve the quality of our team. I meant it won't be a difference for FDJ cause it looks like he is insistent on Europe and we can't provide that for him even if we sign Casemiro.
That should not be an issue to any football player. But better ran clubs have good directors of football. Unfortunately we don’t.. so we don’t know how to speak to agents.

But it’s quite simple.. this is Manchester United.. we are the Barcelona/ Real Madrid of English football. We will always compete to sign the best players which is why we are trying to bring you in. You will literally be out of the champions league for one season and with a World Cup year in November it’s probably the best season to feel like your missing out. Next year we will invest again and look to compete to win the competition.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It's not though. It didn't even get close to the bottom half of the table last season, despite getting 4 points out of a possible 15 in the last 5 games. They would clearly upgrade our midfield in terms of shielding the back 4, playing higher up with confidence, beating the initial press and progressing the ball.

MF1138

Paradoxically the less you need players the easier they tend to be to get.

Knightmare7

United management may be slightly incompetent and new at their jobs but they are not foolish enough to pursue someone for 4 months without encouragement from the player.
We have no evidence of that. The board would absolutely be dumb enough to do that

RDCR07

It's not though. It didn't even get close to the bottom half of the table last season, despite getting 4 points out of a possible 15 in the last 5 games. They would clearly upgrade our midfield in terms of shielding the back 4, playing higher up with confidence, beating the initial press and progressing the ball.
We were the 8th best team attacking wise. And the 12th best team defensively. So we weren't bottom half. We were mid table.

bosskeano

Hypothetically, would you be happy to sign Casemiro and De Jong, lose Ronaldo, and go into the season without signing a striker?
No, b/c that means we would only have martial, sancho and rashford as our only attacking senior options. You lose Ronaldo, we would have to sign a forward.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Oddly silent since the links with cas began.

The deals probably dead but I like to think somethings going on behind the scenes.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
if Im Frenkie De Jong I would wonder if my relationship with the Barcelona leadership can ever be repaired.

They have done everything in their power to push him out of the club, including threatening legal action over the contract he signed with the club. FIFPRO are unquestionably keeping an eye on this.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
This deal seems dead. Your board should be fecking fired. Never forget the pic of both of them in Barca, dumb and dumber.

Trex

People think we're getting both Casemiro and De Jong, no chance!!
Casemiro link only picked up after Van de Kraan mentioned our De Jong offer has reached it deadline.

SATA

This deal seems dead. Your board should be fecking fired. Never forget the pic of both of them in Barca, dumb and dumber.
Why is that so? They went there and literally agreed a fee with Barca. Only some unforeseen circumstances is preventing this deal from happening so far

RDCR07

Why is that so? They went there and literally agreed a fee with Barca. Only some unforeseen circumstances is preventing this deal from happening so far
His deferred wage issue has been public for well more than 2 months now. Did these two fat fecks go to Barca only last month?

SATA

His deferred wage issue has been public for well more than 2 months now. Did these two fat fecks go to Barca only last month?
I don’t know if it’s really his deferred wage issue that’s holding up the deal. But if it really is, i think Chelsea would have paid that up and Frenkie would likely be their player already by now. I personally think he just doesn’t fancy coming here or to England for whatever reasons of his

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
The same defense and attack that finished 2nd before Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo signed.

RDCR07

I don’t know if it’s really his deferred wage issue that’s holding up the deal. But if it really is, i think Chelsea would have paid that up and Frenkie would likely be their player already by now. I personally think he just doesn’t fancy coming here or to England for whatever reasons of his
Again him not wanting to move to England, if indeed was the issue, surely could have been foreseen. One simple question to him would have sufficed.

RDCR07

The same defense and attack that finished 2nd before Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo signed.
Miracles do happen from time to time. The rest of the league were shit and we got very lucky. Thats why it won't be replicated again. It was a one-off similar to Leicester's title win.

Suv666

You missed your chance you Dutch cnut.
Enjoy playing as a 3rd choice CB under UberEats Barcelona after they pulled their 19th lever.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Turn to Barcelona and say:

"On you lads, Casemiro deal ready to go, you either sort this wages issue out and get the money to use on Silva or we just give £60mil that covers your biggest rivals business"

They cave, we get de Jong and sign Casemiro anyway.

Good times.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
well if Barca are able to ship out Auba to Chelsea and move one more guy out the door, they won't have to sell FdJ as they'll have done enough to keep him and his wage packet. Now, they still won't have resolved the issue of the17m in back wages but that will be for another day

bringing in Frenkie and Casemiro doesn't solve our issue up top though
No but it would make us top 3-4

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
My understanding is that there were legal and tax issues associated with any club doing that, which is why it couldn’t happen.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
This deal has already been double tapped between the eyes about a month ago, now we’re just pumping more rounds into a cold corpse.

For the love of god, close this fecking thread.

Chairman Steve

I’m leaning to this one being dead in the water to use muppet parlance. It’d be highly ambitious to take FDJ on top of Casemiro. Even the oil state clubs would think that’s fantasy. Pair Casemiro with someone more suited like a SMS and last week’s dream of FDJ and Rabiot is an afterthought quite frankly, and I am glad that ETH has his alternatives.

And if it fecks Barcelona, then that’s a bonus. Chelsea should just pull out of Aubameyang too for being fecked around.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Can that money not be paid as some sort of sign on bonus?
I’m not an authority on it, so I don’t have an answer for you, I’m sorry. I am merely reference an article that was in the Athletic last month saying there are serious tax implications for De Jong to do that, meaning we’d have to pay him a lot more than 17m for him to see what he is supposed to get net from Barca.

worldinmotion66

No, b/c that means we would only have martial, sancho and rashford as our only attacking senior options. You lose Ronaldo, we would have to sign a forward.
Even if we can sign someone on loan like pulisic or a fairly cheap alternative? I'd like to see more of Garnacho too personally, plus bruno or Eriksen can play wide. I just think having a proper midfield would improve the whole team, we'd see improvements to our attacking output.
Yes. Sort the striker out at a later date.
I agree.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I’m leaning to this one being dead in the water to use muppet parlance. It’d be highly ambitious to take FDJ on top of Casemiro. Even the oil state clubs would think that’s fantasy. Pair Casemiro with someone more suited like a SMS and last week’s dream of FDJ and Rabiot is an afterthought quite frankly, and I am glad that ETH has his alternatives.

And if it fecks Barcelona, then that’s a bonus. Chelsea should just pull out of Aubameyang too for being fecked around.
This is absolutely and utterly dead. The only reason why United are still telling people like Ornstein that the door's still open is because they don't like to admit they've been done. Did the same thing with Sancho all the way until deadline day in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.