Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

So in 20/21 they had Van Dijk, Gomez and Matip all missing a bunch of games. They always intended on signing Konate for 21/22 so instead of buying another centreback in January all they did was bring in Kabak on loan.
Didnt they sign the CB from Preston who turned out to be no good?

mu4c_20le

Apparently a fee has been agreed with Barca. We would ALWAYS have known what the numbers were ahead of time. We simply said we refused to make our bid official until the player gave his blessing.

Agents will agree fee terms for themselves with anyone. We had agreements with Kounde AND Raphinha’s agents, just not the ultimate ok from the player.
Pretty sure you guys had the ok from Kounde as well, it was Sevilla who dragged their heels while talking with barca behind your backs.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
So, from everything I can see there has never been anything to break down. They were very specific in saying De Jong had to give a green light to even leaving Barca and considering moving before we would even bid officially.

I can find nothing that implies FDJ ever agreed to terms for leaving Barca and joining United. Frankly (pun intended) I think there are a lot of angry people at United who may feel misled by Ten Hag.

The first half of this thread every other post contained the phrase “he MUST know something to be this confident”

But what if Ten Hag would genuinely rather mislead the board and risk missing out on other targets for even a chance at De Jong and he was stubborn enough to think he could will it into existence?

Maybe to Ten Hag there is no great difference between a Tielmans and a Rabiot if he can’t have De Jong.
He wasn't misled, he backed himself to persuade Frenkie to join United. I would be very surprised if Frenkie agreed to join a club who finished 6th, no sign of CL with a manager whom he worked with for 1 year who has only JUST joined the league. It's just the same deluded crap being posted on here ad nauseam "the club wouldn't still be chasing him if he hadn't given reassurances, we aren't that incompetent" ...proceeds to make an offer for fecking Aranautovic :lol: :lol: :lol: Typical case of people believing anything that fits their agenda and disregarding everything else as 'opinion' or twisting it to fit.

There were even reports recently about him being in conflict with his agent who is the driving force behind a potential exit.

If Chelsea are serious about your interest and the player actually accepts to leave, I think he'll be a Chelsea player come Saturday.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Didnt they sign the CB from Preston who turned out to be no good?
Yes and Kabak was a loan with an option to buy. it's just that he turned out to be shit and lost his place to two actual children from their youth team

mu4c_20le

It's just the same deluded crap being posted on here ad nauseam "the club wouldn't still be chasing him if he hadn't given reassurances, we aren't that incompetent" ...proceeds to make an offer for fecking Aranautovic :lol: :lol: :lol: Typical case of people believing anything that fits their agenda and disregarding everything else as 'opinion' or twisting it to fit.
I don't get this part... Arnautovic was more than willing to come? And coming from a club so desperate that they signed Martin fecking Braithwaite to save their season..

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
And if anybody knows this path, it's you
At the end of the day its all about the fun and banter in here. My confidence is going nowhere only because all the reports are mostly opinion and speculation. There's nothing that's changed in my opinion

downunder red

Late in the game against Liverpool. United are going to make a change. They are bringing on their latest signing in Frankie de Jong.There is only 5 minutes left in the game. Frankie picks it up on the half way line and has a quick one two with Ericksen. Boy this guy is fast. He's flying towards Liverpool's defense. Ronaldo is screaming for it at the far post but he ignores him and shoots. Goooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaal !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey wake up downunder red your talking in your sleep!!!!

sewey89

At the end of the day its all about the fun and banter in here. My confidence is going nowhere only because all the reports are mostly opinion and speculation. There's nothing that's changed in my opinion
100% this. Have I been confident that we'll sign him in the last week? Not really.

Have I enjoyed being a bit of a twat in here and having a laugh? Absolutely

The reports today though are very, very encouraging. I just want more of them!

RedMistyDevil

I've been lurking here for a long time now, and watched a few sagas unfold. This one is truly special though, I actually signed up for an account!

My inner muppet has been hanging on since page 1, and I'd love to see this transfer happen. Here's me adding a post so we can get to 1500. Or 2000. Whatever we need to appease the transfer gods!

Bojan Djordjic

Think everyone is reading way too much into that Agent comment. At this stage I feel the most likely outcome is that a 45th lever is activated and Frenkie remains at Barca

sewey89

Think everyone is reading way too much into that Agent comment. At this stage I feel the most likely outcome is that a 45th lever is activated and Frenkie remains at Barca
I don't agree. I think if it's correct, then it's a massive development. Probably the biggest of the lot.

Teja

I suppose we could to with Kessie
He is the perfect incremental improvement over McTominay. We should really throw some money at him right now (more than whatever Barca currently pay him) to see if it'll stick.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
In other words, if they can't register them all, then Kessie & Christiansen are the expendable ones. Welcome to Barcelona boys :lol:
Think it has more to do with them arriving as free agents, so Barca doesn't lose any transfer fee they paid if they leave on a free again

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He wasn't misled, he backed himself to persuade Frenkie to join United. I would be very surprised if Frenkie agreed to join a club who finished 6th, no sign of CL with a manager whom he worked with for 1 year who has only JUST joined the league. It's just the same deluded crap being posted on here ad nauseam "the club wouldn't still be chasing him if he hadn't given reassurances, we aren't that incompetent" ...proceeds to make an offer for fecking Aranautovic :lol: :lol: :lol: Typical case of people believing anything that fits their agenda and disregarding everything else as 'opinion' or twisting it to fit.

There were even reports recently about him being in conflict with his agent who is the driving force behind a potential exit.

If Chelsea are serious about your interest and the player actually accepts to leave, I think he'll be a Chelsea player come Saturday.
BOOOOOOOOO

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
In other words, if they can't register them all, then Kessie & Christiansen are the expendable ones. Welcome to Barcelona boys :lol:
They are about to find criminality in these two players contracts.

RedMilo

Think it has more to do with them arriving as free agents, so Barca doesn't lose any transfer fee they paid if they leave on a free again
Probably yes, but it doesn't make it any easier for these players to swallow if it happened to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.