Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theballisround

Similar in terms of ability to pass steadily and not to loss silly possessions. But Amrabat doesn't have that driving run with the ball like FDJ can do. :(
Dunno if you have seen a lot of him, but I did and I can confirm he has that driving run.

philippexyz

Who is the player with most similar player profile to FDJ, who is obtainable next summer?
Matheus Nunes and Ryan Gravenberch were, before they went to our biggest rivals this summer, City and Liverpool, respectively - of course that happened.

Keep an eye on Koaudio Kone(Borussia Mönchengladbach) and Khephren Thuram(playing for Sir Jim Ratcliffe's Nice, son of French legend Lilian Thuram). Two young French midfielders who are excellent dribblers, ball carriers, physical, tall and press resistant. Would help us massively in the build up through the middle by being able to receive the ball in deeper areas with the back against the goal, and just dribble out of pressure/pressing and carry the ball into the opponents half of the pitch.

These two players will be sold relatively soon, probably next summer or even in January now, maybe summer 2025 at the latest. Their market value is constantly rising, nothing surprising. Transfermarkt values them currently at about €40m each I think, and that could rise very soon. We should have bought one of them(or event both) instead of Mount, but alas...

They would be perfect partners for Casemiro(for example) or any DM/destroyer for a double pivot. Pretty decent defensively(physical) as well, not many flaws in general. Passing isn't that great, but they make up for it with ball carrying. With the third midfielder who is an excellent passer and creator(Bruno, KDB, Odegaard...) it would create a great balance in midfield.

Dr. StrangeHate

Seriously have the referee bribery charges been dropped. That is probably the biggest corruption case in football since the Juventus stuff.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Xavi who didn’t play him to begin with last pre-season and then when he did get minutes he played him at centre half and said the following in an obvious attempt to push him out?

That Xavi?
How many games did he play at cb?
And if he wanted him out he wouldn't openly speak glowingly about him and out him in the XI.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Will never get why people here ignore the likely possibility that he didn’t want to leave Barca. I’d even go as far as saying fact as he consistently said he wanted to stay there.
We could have chased harder and hit him with an extra £100k but that would have ruined our already ruined pay structure.

He didn’t want to leave them, not every player is bursting with enthusiasm to join us.

croadyman

Will never get why people here ignore the likely possibility that he didn’t want to leave Barca. I’d even go as far as saying fact as he consistently said he wanted to stay there.
We could have chased harder and hit him with an extra £100k but that would have ruined our already ruined pay structure.

He didn’t want to leave them, not every player is bursting with enthusiasm to join us.
Yeah this is exactly why he was never the one that got away, unfortunately the tricky bit is who can provide that same ability to drive with the ball

OrcaFat

Similar in terms of ability to pass steadily and not to loss silly possessions. But Amrabat doesn't have that driving run with the ball like FDJ can do. :(
He does a limited version of it. He can burn past a couple of players in a tight spot. I’ve never seen anyone do what FDJ does - 50 yards in about five seconds. He doesn’t do it that often but, holy crap, it’s a thing to see.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He does a limited version of it. He can burn past a couple of players in a tight spot. I’ve never seen anyone do what FDJ does - 50 yards in about five seconds. He doesn’t do it that often but, holy crap, it’s a thing to see.
You didn't watch us against Wolves. Matheus Nunes can do that

tomaldinho1

No one ignored it, that was the whole story.... the player was happy and actively didn't want to move but the club was desperate for cash and so there was a feeling he might get forced to leave, it was the strangest transfer saga because it was the opposite of the usual (player wants to come but club doesn't want to sell) and you even had Xavi going public with comments about how they needed to sell, the club owned him a feck load of cash and then the girlfriend hating the idea of Manchester.

kaku06

You didn't watch us against Wolves. Matheus Nunes can do that
He can do that in an open field like he did against us. De Jong is more technical and can go past players even when there are players around him.

Cassidy

He can do that in an open field like he did against us. De Jong is more technical and can go past players even when there are players around him.
He does it a lot of games, its his style.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Forwards and wide players have nothing on skillful midfielders. That is where we should've invested heavily this last decade
Annoyingly, we haven’t had a manager (SAF included!) who sees the true value in these types of midfielders. Pep Guardiola can’t seem to get enough of them at the moment — Bernardo; Kovacic; Nunes — we’d look so much better with just one of those

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Annoyingly, we haven’t had a manager (SAF included!) who sees the true value in these types of midfielders. Pep Guardiola can’t seem to get enough of them at the moment — Bernardo; Kovacic; Nunes — we’d look so much better with just one of those
It's been out blind spot for 20 feckin years. Since Keane :( ok, Carrick was good too

Brophs

The One and Only
"Hello Dignitas, it's me, Brophs. They've bumped it. They've bumped the thread again.....what? Brophs.....BROPHS....we spoke last summer......tall guy, black hair......yeah yeah, the guy who wore bermuda shorts to the consultation."

In Rainbows

It’s a very high bar, but the midfielder I’d be looking at is Billy Gilmour.
I see him and I think, why can't we develop Hannibal for that role? There is nothing he had that Hannibal didn't have at youth level apart from temperament while the ball is dead. For some reason we had Hannibal as a deeper midfielder from Monaco and then turn him into an attacker purely because he had skills. And then we continue that trajectory because that's what he was doing immediately prior to making the step up.

Cassidy

I see him and I think, why can't we develop Hannibal for that role? There is nothing he had that Hannibal didn't have at youth level apart from temperament while the ball is dead. For some reason we had Hannibal as a deeper midfielder from Monaco and then turn him into an attacker purely because he had skills. And then we continue that trajectory because that's what he was doing immediately prior to making the step up.
We’ll develop Mainoo

glasgow 21

It’s a very high bar, but the midfielder I’d be looking at is Billy Gilmour.
That boat has sailed unless you want to loose close to another 80m. its Brighton buy low, sell high. We need to identify the talent on the verge before they burst out. This is why a deal for Sutalo should have been made.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Imagine if Klopp can get Gravenberch his full potential out, our NT would have a FdJ, Xavi, Gravenberch midfield. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.