Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoinz

Cheap bunch of lads you've listed there considering we're skint. They're all available also? Do they even want to play for United or maybe the best players of the World Cup would like to hold out for an actual Champions League team or just generally a team that has their shit together?
We won't be skint soon, hopefully. But yes you are right, we don't know if they want to play for us. Same for Frenkie, I'm of the opinion that he doesn't. I'm not against signing FDJ, in fact I was on the muppet train this summer. Just no point going through this again if he doesn't want to come. I just randomly listed 3 that caught my eye during the world cup as respond to a previous poster asking me to name 3.

footballbite

Ultimately I'd be happy with either of Frenkie or Enzo, but I reckon Enzo Fernandez might be easier to prise away.
There'll be more competition for Enzo though, while Utd would remain the clear favourites for FDJ if a deal could be agreed.

mu4c_20le

We won't be skint soon, hopefully. But yes you are right, we don't know if they want to play for us. Same for Frenkie, I'm of the opinion that he doesn't. I'm not against signing FDJ, in fact I was on the muppet train this summer. Just no point going through this again if he doesn't want to come. I just randomly listed 3 that caught my eye during the world cup as respond to a previous poster asking me to name 3.
Did you read the bump?

mav_9me

Who says Enzo will even come here? Because we showed interest once? He's on top of the world now, with Barca and Madrid in his sights
Maybe he won't, maybe he will. We (you and I) don't know.

I'm just saying he is who I would want and who I think is better than FDJ.

As for Barca, I think he is too similar to Pedri. And for Real they have 3 awesome and young CM too, do they have space for him?

mu4c_20le

Maybe he won't, maybe he will. We (you and I) don't know.

I'm just saying he is who I would want and who I think is better than FDJ.

As for Barca, I think he is too similar to Pedri. And for Real they have 3 awesome and young CM too, do they have space for him?
I hear you, I just dont think he's a realistic option anymore, at least not until we've all but secured top 4. And then we might have an fighting chance.

Do we really? He’s still happy benchwarming in Barca. There was never a lack of desire from either club.
Luckhurst article and this one gives hope:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...utd-dejong-transfer-tenhag-barcelona-28761691

De Jong reportedly gave Ten Hag assurances he was happy to join him at Old Trafford in private, only to say otherwise in public. It's claimed the stumbling block with the transfer was the deferred wages Barcelona owe him, which remains an issue.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's a cnut but we need him.
Our inability to sustain possession is killing our development as a team.

Tiber

Nah not falling for this one again until Bezos buys us

jesperjaap

I loathe Di Maria, but my god what a player - he's United stint looks very much to have been a blip.
to be fair I semi undertand his slatin gof LVG as a coach. He was arguably the best player in Europe his last season at Madrid....as an attacking central midfielder. People forget he started off here in the same position and looked really good, his initial performances here were of a high quality. Then he got injured and was stuck out wide, didnt look happy about it, then came the burglary. He has seemed almsot anti-United since, but I dont think we handled him very well even though the outcome would probably have been the same, never seemed to fulyl settle.

As for DeJOng, brilliant player but had a chance to come here, same with Bellingham....Im all in in Enzo, tipped him to be the break out star, has a fabulous future....but in all honesty if we sign any of those thre or a similar calibre we will finally have a quality midfield for the first time in a long time

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's a cnut but we need him.
Our inability to sustain possession is killing our development as a team.
Him, or someone who has similar traits. Our next major step for progression (outside of signing an actual no.9 + clarification on the GK situation) is to sign a central midfielder who does his best work in the middle third of the pitch.

izec

Yes please, FdJ is still desired.

Enzo is chased by Real and Liverpool, and will
be more expensive.

Boondog

He's like the married chick at the bar who pretends to be single and gives you her number at the end of a great night but it's not really her number. Can't believe we're doing this again but ok I'm in. :devil:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If Kelvin MacKenzie joke station tells us FdJ wants to come to United, it must be true. Right?

Bwuk

On paper a Casemiro, de Jong & Bruno midfield 3 has everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.