Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

They'd have to be absolute morons though, if I had to pick one player and call him the best in Barca currently that's him (not based solely on performance though, but a combination of talent, influence and contribution).

They've made their share of cretinous blunders though historically so it's not out of the question.
The best of Barca is clearly Pedri. He's a step above in quality everyone else. Real world-class.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It will be the same this summer window that FDJ wants to stay at Barcelona because that’s his dream, Barcelona found a way to solve their problem without selling FDJ and Xavi isn’t interested to let him go. We should just create new thread of ‘’FDJ alternative’’ because this one ain’t gonna happen.

croadyman

It will be the same this summer window that FDJ wants to stay at Barcelona because that’s his dream, Barcelona found a way to solve their problem without selling FDJ and Xavi isn’t interested to let him go. We should just create new thread of ‘’FDJ alternative’’ because this one ain’t gonna happen.
Yeah couldn't agree more shut this down

Yagami

Good post resistant
A perfect example of how good de Jong is. Barcas midfield completely falls apart without him. Netherlands, too. This is a man who conned the world into thinking Donny was a good midfielder.

croadyman

A perfect example of how good de Jong is. Barcas midfield completely falls apart without him. Netherlands, too. This is a man who conned the world into thinking Donny was a good midfielder.
He is my first choice but sadly we aren't his so focus on a Barella/Bennacer/Mac Allister

Cloud7

FDJ is one of those situations where we need Murtough to step in as ETH’s boss and tell him that enough is enough and we need to look elsewhere

daba

Only way I see this happening is if they sign Neves from Wolves as a cheap replacement.

There have been some random links recently involving a swap deal with Fati, which would be one of the stranger transfers you’ll see.

OrcaFat

Yeah, I think he wants to come here but his back pay is the issue. Oh man. I just can’t.

Mainoldo

He ain’t coming. Have you seen us.

We’d have to pay him £375k we give David DeFa*ny

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
"David De Fanny". Class. This place is wonderful.

I like FdJ...feel like we're still missing some players with real mental toughness about them though. With FdJ, although he's obviously talented, he kind of reminds me of Sancho in that neither of them ever grab the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen. All great players do that fairly regularly.

spiriticon

No more please. This pointless saga completely derailed our summer last year.

We simply don't have any more time to waste playing "Will he, won't he?" with the likes of De Jong, Thiago, Fabregas, Sneijder and countless others.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Only way I see this happening is if they sign Neves from Wolves as a cheap replacement.

There have been some random links recently involving a swap deal with Fati, which would be one of the stranger transfers you’ll see.
Xavi doesn't want Neves.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
This pointless saga completely derailed our summer last year.
I’m not sure it did. Casemiro was already in the works, we were in for both of them. Martinez was signed when it became clear Timber wouldn’t. Malacia and Eriksen were signed fairly swiftly. Only the Antony deal dragged out, and stopped up buying the striker we needed.

spiriticon

I’m not sure it did. Casemiro was already in the works, we were in for both of them. Martinez was signed when it became clear Timber wouldn’t. Malacia and Eriksen were signed fairly swiftly. Only the Antony deal dragged out, and stopped up buying the striker we needed.
I think Frenkie prevented Casemiro from being signed earlier, which led to the delay in the decision for Antony too. It could have been handled much better instead of us panicking after a dreadful start to the season.

Basically unless De Jong hands in a transfer request, I'd like to stay far away this summer.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
How about Silva?
Bernardo? Xavi loves him and he would be one of few players that could convince Xavi to let Frenkie go. But there hasn't been any news of Silva for months now. One reason is, that Frenkie plays his best season so far. I see the possibility of Frenkie leaving this summer much lower than the last one.

Lyng

Bernardo? Xavi loves him and he would be one of few players that could convince Xavi to let Frenkie go. But there hasn't been any news of Silva for months now. One reason is, that Frenkie plays his best season so far. I see the possibility of Frenkie leaving this summer much lower than the last one.
Yes it was him I meant. The reason I ask is due to how much Silva clearly wanted the move. A lot of this season he has looked like he didnt want to be in City anymore and thus I thougth the posibility of Barca going back in might be there.

Plant0x84

I think Frenkie prevented Casemiro from being signed earlier, which led to the delay in the decision for Antony too. It could have been handled much better instead of us panicking after a dreadful start to the season.

Basically unless De Jong hands in a transfer request, I'd like to stay far away this summer.
Fair enough. No arguments here! ;)

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Mundo Deportivo

"The Barça club knows that it must cut 200 million in expenses to be able to strengthen next season."

Translation Daily Express

"According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona know they must recoup around £176million before they can make any new signings this summer."

Cut vs recoup and from there we invented a story.

Plant0x84

Mundo Deportivo

"The Barça club knows that it must cut 200 million in expenses to be able to strengthen next season."

Translation Daily Express

"According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona know they must recoup around £176million before they can make any new signings this summer."

Cut vs recoup and from there we invented a story.
Is that not the same thing?

Last edited:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Is that not the same thing?
Recoup implies that Barcelona need to sell for €200M.
Lowering the wage bill adds other options such as salaries and amortizaciones.

Beyond that, this year the odds of FDJ leaving are minimal. Also, the price would not be €85M like last year. This year €120M+. Xavi considers him untouchable.

Glorio

Whenever I watch him, I get this Sancho-type vibe: Nice, graceful, but too soft to impose himself on the EPL

Strootman's Finger

Even if Barca had to sell players they probably aren't going to sell the guy who's become first name on the teamsheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.