Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

Does not have, and has never had, any interest in either leaving Barca or joining United.

This transfer will never, ever happen.

Syphon Wallet

Does not have, and has never had, any interest in either leaving Barca or joining United.

So your saying he's thought about it?
I sense great doubt within him, we are back in the game!

croadyman

Exactly Barca could be on the verge of Administration and he still wouldn't leave

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

FDJ could come out and give a press conference saying this verbatim and you'd still have dozens of posters here saying there's a chance we could still sign him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think Camavinga can play Frenkie’s role better & would prefer him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Yeah Madrid really likely to let him leave
Unlikely sure, just De Jong has been someone who was a bit greater under Ten Hag than during any other time at Barca - that’s primarily due to Ten Hag’s ability to improve a player.

Camavinga under Ten Hag’s management would be beautiful, but wouldn’t say no to De Jong.

Rake

I think that de Jong would play for United IF Barcelona somehow manages to push him out. The guy explained in an interview just 1-2 weeks ago that Barcelona wanted to sell him but he refused and stayed. Xavi seems to like him as a player and , even if they badly need to sell him, I don't know how he can be made to leave.

If someone could enlighten me how a high-profile player on massive wages with 3 years left on his contract can be forced by the club to agree to a transfer?

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
The one true player that would bring balance to our current midfield.

We should be trying again, just to taste his resolve.

Erik the Red

If someone could enlighten me how a high-profile player on massive wages with 3 years left on his contract can be forced by the club to agree to a transfer?
The only way to do it is to convince the player that they are not part of your plans, and they will not be playing so their career will hit a roadblock. Barca tried that last year with FDJ but realised he is better than anyone else they have, so picked him anyway, so he no longer had an incentive to leave. I still think the deferred wages are the stumbling block, but those become less of an issue as they get paid over the remainder of his contract.

Watch this space...

Robertd0803

Last summer pretty much proved you cant.

FdJ called Barcas bluff and that was that.

Its a bit shit really, Id hoped he would have had a rubbish season in Barca and he would be with us this summer but not to be.

MadMike

You guys are gluttons for punishment. The man has clearly said he wants to stay at Barca and this summer they're not even trying to make him leave. Especially since Busquets left.

Move on, for your sakes.

croadyman

You guys are gluttons for punishment. The man has clearly said he wants to stay at Barca and this summer they're not even trying to make him leave. Especially since Busquets left.

Move on, for your sakes.
Yeah time this closed and Erik moved on too

DavelinaJolie

I don't have a twitter post because I don't use twitter, however the Raphael Honigstein has an article on The Athletic which says Bayern want him:

https://theathletic.com/4587357/2023/06/07/bayern-munich-thomas-tuchel?source=user-shared-article

The search for a central midfielder will only intensify once that issue is addressed. Bayern are interested in West Ham’s Declan Rice and Barcelona’s Frenkie de Jong, but firm moves for either are contingent on not exhausting their overall budget and other players leaving.

Crimson King

I don't have a twitter post because I don't use twitter, however the Raphael Honigstein has an article on The Athletic which says Bayern want him:

https://theathletic.com/4587357/2023/06/07/bayern-munich-thomas-tuchel?source=user-shared-article
Seems very unlikely and just a PR wishlist from Bayern.

FdJ doesn't want to leave, I doubt that's changed very much. Barca need him now more then ever with Busquets leaving.

I think the safe money is on Frenkie being a Barca player for many years to come.

DavelinaJolie

Seems very unlikely and just a PR wishlist from Bayern.

FdJ doesn't want to leave, I doubt that's changed very much. Barca need him now more then ever with Busquets leaving.

I think the safe money is on Frenkie being a Barca player for many years to come.
I agree, he worked his way back into the team and seems indispensable now. Just thought it worth posting.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
I know this aint happening but im joining this thread because theres not much else to do during transfer windows so...

NotQuiteManc

Ahhh shhhheeee, here we go again. [insert GTA San Andreas meme gif here].

But seriously, he would be the perfect partner to Casemiro. Summer chase round 2? Count me in! :devil:

DickDastardly

The second coming.

"A shape with lion body and the head of a man,. A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,. Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it."

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Good lord, I just heard absolutely nothing. The options are endless.
We're in this void

Status
Not open for further replies.