Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Agreed on Bellingham but I'd be surprised if Enzo Fernandez went for a bigger fee than Frenkie.

Our bid for de Jong was €85m after add-ons last summer, and that doesn't include any stupid negotiations Barcelona might want to reel us into over his unpaid wages.

Ultimately I'd be happy with either of Frenkie or Enzo, but I reckon Enzo Fernandez might be easier to prise away.
It’s because Enzo has release clause. Lot of mentioned the release clause is €110m

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sorry I just don't see it with him.. if we are going in big for some one it should be Bellingham. Frenkie is just a pass and move merchant, not convinced by him at all and he will struggle in the PL.
That’s the reason why ETH wants him.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That article makes it seem like we're also interested in Bellingham. We'd only get one of the two and, given the choice, I'd rather have Bellingham.

At least we can make more memes in the summer...

Chairman Steve

*Godfather 3 Al Pacino meme here*

So ETH is looking for a midfield three of Casemiro, FDJ and Bruno/Eriksen? It’s also been shown that Eriksen can rotate in with FDJ as the metronome too, so great options and variation all round potentially.

OrcaFat

*Godfather 3 Al Pacino meme here*

So ETH is looking for a midfield three of Casemiro, FDJ and Bruno/Eriksen? It’s also been shown that Eriksen can rotate in with FDJ as the metronome too, so great options and variation all round potentially.
Yes I still think FDJ is the player who would best fill the role Eriksen has been playing. With Eriksen able to play 10 or fill in for FDJ, and Bruno able to play 10, RW or false 9, the options would be really good.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Anyway I rather we get him at jan if we're doing this to begin with.

SoCross

Did he break up with his girlfriend?

Manchester has got porcelain for you Frenkie, come get it lad.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Yeah de Jong and Bellingham. Totally happening :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
With Busquets likely leaving I'd say this is even less likely this summer than it was last

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
All we need now are tweets from Gerard Romero and Ben Jacobs for Brownie85 to rage against
Me? Rage... sir, you are mistaken... i don't rage

Haha just kidding. That Ben Jacobs was an absolute prat. ITK wannabe (well, maybe not a wannabe, but he didn't know as much as he thought he did!)

Romero though, think his arse is still hurting from all the movement he had haha

Vapor trail

Not good, that will be the summation of two summers chasing the same player when the business for a number 8 / 6 should have been solely decided last summer. However have to recognise that FDJ has many specific traits that is not popular amongst other players in his position.

The expectation for Arnold's restructuring of the scouting department should yield some results. One season later the club identifying the same midfield target is not great.

Black Alabaster

Honestly as good as he is I don't even want him after the summer saga going after him. Barca couldn't of disrespected him more with the public statements from president and Xavi, then the whole wage reduction and deferral stuff.

We were chasing him all summer offering him a way out to be the gem in our midfield rebuild with his former manager and yet he still turned us down to get engaged with his GF and stay in sunny spain instead of glorious manchester rain. It's like Klopp said about him not wanting players that only want to join if he is in the CL, without caring to be part of the journey there.

Whatever remaining global reputation we have left, I want players like Casemiro who was gushing about the chance to join us and reportedly "only needed to know where he would live, train and play to be convinced to join Man United". (Caicedo was keen too). Cas won it all yet showed the desire to pull on our shirt and fight for the badge with his performances showing it's not a paycheck holiday.

Not saying we should only sign players who fawn over us, but you'd like to think if we fancied a girl and got told to jog on in public after we asked her out once, she wont leave her BF even though he treated her like crap, we would have some dignity to move on to another, equally as attractive option. Preferably younger and cheaper too.

pogbasformerbarber

What’s crazy is I bet it’s Barca that’s planting this story… because I’ve never seen a club try to publicly disrespect one of their players more than how they’ve acted towards the lad. He’s a fool to be so loyal to them…

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Frenkie, be loyal to Erik not to someone that disrespected you and treated you trash.

tenpoless

It might be only me and might be the reason why I'm not rich. But if I had a boss like Ten Hag who helped me with my first steps at the job, developed me and now wants me and is waiting for me even if I'm currently employed under someone else, I'd work for him even for less money. You cant buy those.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Surely we can’t go through this again. Is he even worth all the fuss?

Status
Not open for further replies.