Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
Possibly could be de Jongs agent, but i'd find it unlikely. I don't see why his agent would tell someone one thing then de Jong himself tell ten Hag something else? It'd make no sense. My best guess on that will be an agent who knows de Jongs agent, or getting an agents view on things. If living in Manchester isn't one of the things de Jong would like, i'm sure he'd have told ten Hag that and we'd have given up, knowing that if someone else came in, he'd choose them in an instant. It really makes no sense to me at all
Because what the player wants and what the player might end up getting are two different situations. In an ideal world he might like to live in London instead of Manchester but what's he going to do if Barcelona tell him he won't kick a football for them ever again and United are the only team that's in for him? Something has to give in that instance that Mitten explained clearly.

Acquire Me

That face. :lol:
Crikey, footballers careers are pretty short, so I'm sure they'll be able to save up a few pennies millions to live in Catalonia once again.
That face says done deal. And yes, you are spot on. Oh no I have to live in Manchester and earn shitloads.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Who do we go for when this deal fails tomorrow morning? Looking at it logically we still need a midfielder, and Dutch one would be ideal. But since there's literally zero other decent Dutch midfielders we should go for one from a country that Holland is 100% totes legit super friendly with; Belgium. Because they fecking love one another, so they do.

Basically our best option is a player by the name of Fellaini. Thoughts?!

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Because what the player wants and what the player might end up getting are two different situations. In an ideal world he might like to live in London instead of Manchester but what's he going to do if Barcelona tell him he won't kick a football for them ever again and United are the only team that's in for him? Something has to give in that instance that Mitten explained clearly.
Fair enough, that makes sense. But surely ten Hag must be aware that were not his first choice and if some like Chelsea did come in, he'd go there right away? In that case, why stick around knowing we could wait until the final days of the window just to get hijacked at the last moment and lose out?

Ten Hag must have some pretty solid assurances, I just couldn't see him allowing us to sit around like this if he thought we could lose out to another club in the blink of an eye? The likelihood of any other team coming in is very slim, but its still possible

Wing Attack Plan R

Who do we go for when this deal fails tomorrow morning? Looking at it logically we still need a midfielder, and Dutch one would be ideal. But since there's literally zero other decent Dutch midfielders we should go for one from a country that Holland is 100% totes legit super friendly with; Belgium. Because they fecking love one another, so they do.

Basically our best option is a player by the name of Fellaini. Thoughts?!
Fellaini will only move on transfer deadline day if there are no other offers for him.

E-mal

I don’t know how to link an instagram story..or if it’s even possible.. sorry

https://instagram.com/mikkykiemeney?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

That links to her instagram. Click on her profile picture to see the stories
I feel so embarrassed looking up her story but the muppet in me couldn't resist.
I feel she is perhaps one of the reasons why he doesn't want to leave Barcelona. She seems to genuinely love the city.
I sense she might get frustrated with Manchester and this might get to FDJ.

crossy1686

career ending
Fair enough, that makes sense. But surely ten Hag must be aware that were not his first choice and if some like Chelsea did come in, he'd go there right away? In that case, why stick around knowing we could wait until the final days of the window just to get hijacked at the last moment and lose out?

Ten Hag must have some pretty solid assurances, I just couldn't see him allowing us to sit around like this if he thought we could lose out to another club in the blink of an eye? The likelihood of any other team coming in is very slim, but its still possible
Well, as Mitten explained in the 7 minutes worth of podcast you should probably listen to instead of us going back and forth, Ten Hag must have some info we don't, and there are lots of other clubs interested for £50m but none are interested for what United are willing to pay, and that includes Chelsea, although, never say never. What Barcelona want is for Chelsea to make a bid for the same value United have and they think they could ship him out the door.

Maybe the fact we're not moving for another midfielder is to show De Jong how much we value him over the other clubs so that he feels some sense of loyalty should push come to shove.

AdNani

Would you stay in the city and work for employers who were actively trying to force you out and treating you like shit, assuming that was the only job available in that city?
would certainly be interesting if Espanyol came in with a bid.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Well, as Mitten explained in the 7 minutes worth of podcast you should probably listen to instead of us going back and forth, Ten Hag must have some info we don't, and there are lots of other clubs interested for £50m but none are interested for what United are willing to pay, and that includes Chelsea, although, never say never. What Barcelona want is for Chelsea to make a bid for the same value United have and they think they could ship him out the door.

Maybe the fact we're not moving for another midfielder is to show De Jong how much we value him over the other clubs so that he feels some sense of loyalty should push come to shove.
I would listen to it, but I don't have the chance too at the moment hence the back and forth. I guess if that's the case then, we just have to hope that no one jumps in at the last moment and thinks that he's worth what we're willing to pay, otherwise its not going to end well.

I really don't think Chelsea are going to come in for him at all, they don't need him and Bayern have ruled themselves out too.

I'll listen to the podcast when I get a moment

NLunited

Its understood a professional footballer may have to move for his career, Mikkey for sure knows this. It is a short career, when Frenkie is 35 they can live wherever the feck they want for 40+ years.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I feel so embarrassed looking up her story but the muppet in me couldn't resist.
I feel she is perhaps one of the reasons why he doesn't want to leave Barcelona. She seems to genuinely love the city.
Embrace the muppetry my friend, I’ve just had to get my wife to help me muppet perve check out her Insta to see what’s going down. (I could work it, not on it and she loves that sort of trivial crap!) These things are necessary sometimes. :wenger:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Embrace the muppetry my friend, I’ve just had to get my wife to help me muppet perve check out her Insta to see what’s going down. (I could work it, not on it and she loves that sort of trivial crap!) These things are necessary sometimes. :wenger:
She certainly does look extremely miserable on her story, almost as if she's absolutely gutted about something. Might just be her resting bitch face, but who knows...

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Easy solution. Dump her.

Theres plenty more fish in the sea Frenkie.

crossy1686

career ending
I would listen to it, but I don't have the chance too at the moment hence the back and forth. I guess if that's the case then, we just have to hope that no one jumps in at the last moment and thinks that he's worth what we're willing to pay, otherwise its not going to end well.

I really don't think Chelsea are going to come in for him at all, they don't need him and Bayern have ruled themselves out too.

I'll listen to the podcast when I get a moment
Ah okay, no worries.

It seemed pretty sure that we aren't going to get robbed on the final day or something unless we decide to pull out, although Carl Anka was pretty worried about that potentially happening. Barcelona want what they paid for him (75m) and United are desperate enough to go there in order to land the player, everyone else wants to take advantage of Barcelona's situation and get the player for around 50m, which could happen if we pull out of the deal. At the moment we're putting other clubs off bidding for him because they can't compete financially. I think we're safe but it's really down to the player being forced out now and accepting that Barcelona are a shit show, and he's better off elsewhere.

macheda14

Barcelona is legit one of the best cities in Europe / the world. We can all have debates about living in London vs Manchester, but Barca vs Manchester has only one winner.

EngimaMK

That face says done deal. And yes, you are spot on. Oh no I have to live in Manchester and earn shitloads.
You could pay somebody 40k per year to cook you tapas every day whether you're in Spain or Iceland (or Manchester).

EngimaMK

Barcelona is legit one of the best cities in Europe / the world. We can all have debates about living in London vs Manchester, but Barca vs Manchester has only one winner.
Barcelona is okay. Bit of a tourist ridden dump in many ways (in my opinion).

DutchCruijff

That's a random thought. Care to add any context?

Our XI isn't good enough and our squad depth is poor.

We're an injury away from McTominay being a regular and Elanga being a regular.

If we start the season badly, I can see us willing to stump up the cash (partly) that De Jong is holding out for.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Does it?

I live in Manchester and I can tell you with all honesty I'd rather live here any day. Maybe it's because I've been here all my life, but I love this city and always will do

Bojan Djordjic

Ah okay, no worries.

It seemed pretty sure that we aren't going to get robbed on the final day or something unless we decide to pull out, although Carl Anka was pretty worried about that potentially happening. Barcelona want what they paid for him (75m) and United are desperate enough to go there in order to land the player, everyone else wants to take advantage of Barcelona's situation and get the player for around 50m, which could happen if we pull out of the deal. At the moment we're putting other clubs off bidding for him because they can't compete financially. I think we're safe but it's really down to the player being forced out now and accepting that Barcelona are a shit show, and he's better off elsewhere.
Thought the deal was already agreed and we're waiting for Barca to sort it with FdJ

Status
Not open for further replies.