Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

macheda14

Does it?

I live in Manchester and I can tell you with all honesty I'd rather live here any day. Maybe it's because I've been here all my life, but I love this city and always will do
I have lived in Manchester for 4 years, Barca for 1, Amsterdam for 1 and London for most of my life. Barcelona and Amsterdam are just far nicer - ignore the tourist centres and they’re just so much more beautiful with probably just as much to do. As well as Barcelona has much much nicer weather.

Acquire Me

I have lived in Manchester for 4 years, Barca for 1, Amsterdam for 1 and London for most of my life. Barcelona and Amsterdam are just far nicer - ignore the tourist centres and they’re just so much more beautiful with probably just as much to do. As well as Barcelona has much much nicer weather.
But you don’t live in Barcelona anymore, why is that?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It's likely because I've lived here for all my 37 years of life, so I don't know any different, but I love it here. Its got everything I need and yes the weather isn't great, but it's not all about the weather in my eyes.

I suppose its a case of to each their own, but I do love it here and wouldn't change it for anything. Don't get me wrong, I can see the fascination with places like London and the sorts, but maybe its just me that doesn't find them places appealing

crossy1686

career ending
Thought the deal was already agreed and we're waiting for Barca to sort it with FdJ
It is, and the player has been treated badly by Barcelona, and he's super unhappy about it but he isn't exactly jumping on a plane to get out either. The draw of Manchester and EL football isn't exactly a huge pull right now.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
They have good reasons to think we're stupid cnuts but it doesn't mean we have to be stupid cnuts. We need more midfielders regardless of de jong. Buy one, leave barca to stew in their own shit till january and go back then.
That's very much where I am standing.

MrSingh2002

If Frenkie hasn't got the gonads to tell his Mrs to pack her bags, is he going to be able to handle the monsters he would play against in the Premier League?

Just asking....

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I think the idea was it was going to come out of the transfer fee which they weren't keen on. To be fair us giving 10m more in guaranteed fee kind of suggests your right. But if that didn't sort it then why would you bend over backwards to help them yet again. Theres a point where everyone involved says feck it, frenkie stays on his current wages and we go elsewhere. They have good reasons to think we're stupid cnuts but it doesn't mean we have to be stupid cnuts. We need more midfielders regardless of de jong. Buy one, leave barca to stew in their own shit till january and go back then.
Why would we do that when the de Jong deal is all but done ? Barca are pushing him out, his missus is miserable and he got a fair well run out in midfield last night. Give him a week and he’ll be playing in red :devil:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It is, and the player has been treated badly by Barcelona, and he's super unhappy about it but he isn't exactly jumping on a plane to get out either. The draw of Manchester and EL football isn't exactly a huge pull right now.
I can understand he wouldn't be thrilled about moving from Barca to Manchester, but the EL thing wouldn't be a huge deal I'd imagine. It's not like we're a permanent fixture in the EL and I imagine when ten Hag stabilises the ship, we'll be top 4 pretty consistently again.

Proper changes take time and I'm sure players joining will understand that and buy into ten Hags vision, at least that's the hope! I'm sure Frenkie has been told what he wants to hear, but has niggling doubts which I can fully understand. As I say though, the fact we're still there and not moving out says to me that we're confident it'll be done soon

Chief123

I don’t know how to link an instagram story..or if it’s even possible.. sorry

https://instagram.com/mikkykiemeney?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

That links to her instagram. Click on her profile picture to see the stories
That’s defo the face of someone who’s about to leave the city against her will. This is so on! Frenkies coming to Utd and his GF is probably gonna make his life hell. Di Maria vibes :D

crossy1686

career ending
I can understand he wouldn't be thrilled about moving from Barca to Manchester, but the EL thing wouldn't be a huge deal I'd imagine. It's not like we're a permanent fixture in the EL and I imagine when ten Hag stabilises the ship, we'll be top 4 pretty consistently again.

Proper changes take time and I'm sure players joining will understand that and buy into ten Hags vision, at least that's the hope! I'm sure Frenkie has been told what he wants to hear, but has niggling doubts which I can fully understand. As I say though, the fact we're still there and not moving out says to me that we're confident it'll be done soon
I think it's more a case of where United are in comparison to rivals. We won't be in the EL forever, hopefully back in the CL next season but we won't win that or the PL in the next 3 years, and that's probably a hard pill to swallow when you're considered one of the best players in the world in your position. We'd have to go on a massive spending spree and get it right to be challenging in 3 years also.

I'm confident of it also but I think at this point Barcelona need to pay him and force him out for it to get done.

caid

Why would we do that when the de Jong deal is all but done ? Barca are pushing him out, his missus is miserable and he got a fair well run out in midfield last night. Give him a week and he’ll be playing in red :devil:
I think starting the season without midfield reinforcements is borderline sabotage. I would have set a deadline and moved on by this point i think. I get that it looks like its finally creeping its way towards being done but i'd be looking to inject some urgency. Or adjusting my budget to bring in a second midfielder because if it doesn't come off were quite fecked.

TheReligion

Abusive
:lol:Talk about ignoring reality and substituting your own because you don't like it.
I’m not really bothered but if someone tells me they know something then suggests they are 50/50 if it will happen either way I think to myself ‘you are talking bollocks’

crossy1686

career ending
That’s defo the face of someone who’s about to leave the city against her will. This is so on! Frenkies coming to Utd and his GF is probably gonna make his life hell. Di Maria vibes :D
So I zoomed in on the photo to check the licence plate of the car behind her in the photo because it looks like she could be on the left side of the road, but she's just using the front camera which flips the image. The car pictured behind her has the blue E section on the licence plate, commonly found in Barcelona.

Chief123

So I zoomed in on the photo to check the licence plate of the car behind her in the photo because it looks like she could be on the left side of the road, but she's just using the front camera which flips the image. The car pictured behind her has the blue E section on the licence plate, commonly found in Barcelona.
Mate, her sad face is the best update we’ve had on this saga since the very beginning. Like seriously, I can read so much shit from that image. It’s the most concrete information that this deal is happening! You don’t make a sad face like that if you’re planning on staying around. :D

Acquire Me

It's a shithole, allegedly.
I hoped he would answer that he stayed there for work. Because in the end, Frenkie will be payed shitloads to play for us. It’s no big deal to live in Manchester. Also we are a huge club and we got ambition. We will be in the CL next season. I don’t see any problem what so ever.

crossy1686

career ending
I’m not really bothered but if someone tells me they know something then suggests they are 50/50 if it will happen either way I think to myself ‘you are talking bollocks’
And again, absolutely no one has said that or claimed to know anything about whether this transfer will happen or not. It may come as a surprise to learn that not all things in life are black or white, sometimes certain things can be unsure until something else happens which forces it one way or the other, at the moment it seems this transfer is in the hands of Barcelona and them forcing the issue.

macheda14

But you don’t live in Barcelona anymore, why is that?
Because London is where the music industry is at and I grew up here and love my friend and family. The fact I moved back doesn’t negate the fact that Barcelona was a much more enjoyable place to live especially if I were to earn millions a year.

crossy1686

career ending
Mate, her sad face is the best update we’ve had on this saga since the very beginning. Like seriously, I can read so much shit from that image. It’s the most concrete information that this deal is happening! You don’t make a sad face like that if you’re planning on staying around. :D
Well I hope it's not just her posing and you're right mate!

Chief123

Almost 1200 pages and not any closer. This will end way past 2000.
You really need to see Frenkies GF sad face. It’ll change your whole view on the transfer. I’m surprised sky sports aren’t all over it.

crossy1686

career ending
Because London is where the music industry is at and I grew up here and love my friend and family. The fact I moved back doesn’t negate the fact that Barcelona was a much more enjoyable place to live especially if I were to earn millions a year.
Second this. I moved to Stockholm back in 2012 and if I was to come back to the UK I'd never move back to Manchester, I'd probably go to London instead, or literally almost anywhere else in Europe.

Revaulx

Plenty of quality food places in Manchester.
She'll love a good Fish and Chips, or even a quality Kebab or Curry on Rusholmes Curry Mile! Bet they don't have a Curry Mile in Spain!
Mancunian fish and chips isn’t great. It’s the one thing that’s far better in Yorkshire.

Plenty of top quality kebabs though :drool:

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I've lived in Bournemouth all my life.

Kill me.
It’ll kill you first.

I don’t like Spain much, but I’m sure Barcelona has many draws. Mind you, if you weren’t young, beautiful and super-rich it probably wouldn’t feel quite the same.

Following your partner’s career is the life of a top footballer’s wife, unfortunately for her. She has 10 years of that to put up with, and then they can return to their mansion in Barcelona if they want. She’ll only be in her 30s!

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Mancunian fish and chips isn’t great. It’s the one thing that’s far better in Yorkshire.

Plenty of top quality kebabs though :drool:
Oh hell yeah, I absolutely love me a kobeda and chicken tikka kebab on nan from Rusholme chippy. One of the best I've had.

Need to get me one sometime it's been a while

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Do you have a read on her salad though? That's the punchline.

Sad => Love Barcelona => Not very yummy-looking salad

Is she not just saying it's a mess?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I think starting the season without midfield reinforcements is borderline sabotage. I would have set a deadline and moved on by this point i think. I get that it looks like its finally creeping its way towards being done but i'd be looking to inject some urgency. Or adjusting my budget to bring in a second midfielder because if it doesn't come off were quite fecked.
Nah, we’ll be grand. Stop fixating on McFred and you’ll see the manager has plenty of options.

Revaulx

Barcelona is legit one of the best cities in Europe / the world. We can all have debates about living in London vs Manchester, but Barca vs Manchester has only one winner.
You can’t move for tourists and pickpockets.

Madrid is much nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.