Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
This may or may not be true.

That being said, most sensible posters considered this scenario as being bleeding obviously true about three weeks ago.
This really isn't any new information at all, but I think it's just shocking that Sport have pulled a complete 180 and said that de Jong hasn't rejected United and that he just doesn't want to negotiate until he knows what's happening.

This is coming from the same outlet that said de Jong flat out refused to come to United and that he wouldn't even consider us, and that he wanted Chelsea or Bayern. For them to print this, something has changed and seeing as Sport seem to get their info from Barca, I wonder what has actually happened

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I know it's Sport, but this is actually in line with what Romano has been saying all along. That Frenkie hasn't rejected us, he just refuses to negotiate with anyone for the moment. It's easy to read that as rejecting but that's not the case.

Also, since Romano has been holding fast on this line despite others like Romero and Oriol Domenech flip flopping, it makes me believe Romano is getting his info from Frenkie's agent and that's the official line the agent wants to put out. Of course, I'm pretty sure negotiations for personal terms with Utd ( and maybe others) may already have occured, but until Frenkie's wage issue is resolved, that will remain the official party line that he's not interested in leaving.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Can someone explain what makes this thread keep on going in this fashion? AFAIK the latest credible reports are months (?) old about an agreement between the clubs and Murtough and Arnold travelling to Barcelona. If De Jong had any interest in joining United, surely this would've been a done deal a long time ago?

Are we just hoping/waiting for Barça to finally bully De Jong out of there? And doesn't it seem more plausible that he ends up at Chelsea or another club that he actually wants to join?

This thread seems to consist of an awful lot of guessing, shitposting, and "reports" from tier 5 sources.
Laporta himself said in an interview about no talks with Chelsea at all, and that he can't categorically say he won't be going to United.

He's basically said in an interview (today) that they are restructuring wages in the club, and other players (Dembele) have dropped their wages in a new contract. Reading between the lines, FDJ isn't accepting a lower contract, he wants his deferred wages and Barca don't want him on his current wages.

But they want FDJ to accept lower wages which currently isn't happening.

I don't personally know if with Bernado Silva that they can keep FDJ I don't know what their wage bill is like but they currently have Coutinho and Griezmann out on loan too on silly wages.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I know it's Sport, but this is actually in line with what Romano has been saying all along. That Frenkie hasn't rejected us, he just refuses to negotiate with anyone for the moment. It's easy to read that as rejecting but that's not the case.

Also, since Romano has been holding fast on this line despite others like Romero and Oriol Domenech flip flopping, it makes me believe Romano is getting his info from Frenkie's agent and that's the official line the agent wants to put out. Of course, I'm pretty sure negotiations for personal terms with Utd ( and maybe others) may already have occured, but until Frenkie's wage issue is resolved, that will remain the official party line that he's not interested in leaving.
And Romano [historically] is known to get most of his information from agents directly. Probably is the most accurate assessment of the situation.

OrcaFat

This really isn't any new information at all, but I think it's just shocking that Sport have pulled a complete 180 and said that de Jong hasn't rejected United and that he just doesn't want to negotiate until he knows what's happening.

This is coming from the same outlet that said de Jong flat out refused to come to United and that he wouldn't even consider us, and that he wanted Chelsea or Bayern. For them to print this, something has changed and seeing as Sport seem to get their info from Barca, I wonder what has actually happened
Yeah. It’s so obviously true. I hope some sort of positive development has led them to stop denying it. (Bunch of lying cretins).

croadyman

I feel Frenkie will offer us something that we've not had since Carrick and Scholes. He'll be a game changer.

A back line of Garnacho, Maguire, Varane, Malacia, with Martinez and FDJ mixed in means United can play long to wingers pulling wide in Sancho and Rashford, and also play out from the back.

I expect top 3 if FDJ joins, and I expect a squad that challenges to the Quarter/Semis of the CL the following season.

(with additions of the missing positions)
Still think 4th is absolute max achievable

Chip

Laporta himself said in an interview about no talks with Chelsea at all, and that he can't categorically say he won't be going to United.

He's basically said in an interview (today) that they are restructuring wages in the club, and other players (Dembele) have dropped their wages in a new contract. Reading between the lines, FDJ isn't accepting a lower contract, he wants his deferred wages and Barca don't want him on his current wages.

But they want FDJ to accept lower wages which currently isn't happening.

I don't personally know if with Bernado Silva that they can keep FDJ I don't know what their wage bill is like but they currently have Coutinho and Griezmann out on loan too on silly wages.
Cheers. But that still leaves us guessing. Even if we manage to sign him it seems like we are far from being his first priority.

I'm surprised that this thread keeps going even though it seems to be the same unsubstantial rumours posted over and over every day. At least threads like the Pogba and the Sancho saga were exciting.

OrcaFat

Still think 4th is absolute max achievable
4th would be good. I suppose 4th would be par, if we get FDJ. But with surprise f’ups by our rivals I could see us getting 3rd. Add a clinical striker and that becomes a lot more likely of course. 4th is okay though, for now.

Joeycha88

Man I wish this transfer would just happen already. Our midfield needs an upgrade so bad. I don’t want to see mcfred for the pool game.

Chief123

I have an illness

If he does sign I’ll claim that I kept the faith all along because I’m absolutely shameless
I sincerely apologise and hope you the best of health mate.

I took out my frustration unnecessarily on you.

To be honest, I genuinely believe the muppets here post mostly in jest with the absolute knowledge that we all know feck all what is going on. It’s all a guessing game. But whoever ends up right in the end will take the forum bragging rights.

Chief123

I see Sport in Spain have been reporting today that United are giving one final offer to FDJ and willing to pay the deferred wages. After all their BS, I’m happy to accept them as reliable now.

NZT-One

I see Sport in Spain have been reporting today that United are giving one final offer to FDJ and willing to pay the deferred wages. After all their BS, I’m happy to accept them as reliable now.
Don't worry, this will go away in a few days as soon as they are reporting that isn't implying FDJ is joining us :D

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Eh? Because of the size of Barcelona and the amount of employees they have they would have to impose the same changes to 30 peoples contracts. It’s the rules.
Where is it in the workers statutes. From what I see the only mention of something close to that is in the definition of what is defined as collective or individual agreements.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
What is this sign-on bonus nonsense then? Surely they didn't screw him over for more than 17M !?
They're referring to his loyalty bonus, which he's supposed to be getting this year. If Frenkie hands in a transfer request, he loses out on that loyalty bonus. Barcelona have been pushing some of their other fringe players like Neto to do the same as part of having them leave the club.

pogbasformerbarber

Sport have reported all summer that FdJ has no desire to join United so that's pretty big news.
Agreed...it also makes more sense as it pertains to ETH. My thought was always that the only reason for him even thinking about joining us was ETH. That would have to be an unusually strong bond to withstand the last weeks with everything that has happened. This makes it a little more likely, IMHO, that its simply been silence from FDJ until these issues are resolved and that he's open to us and ETH.

NLunited

Apparently there will be a meeting between
Barça and Frenkie‘s agents.

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
Both these players have gone permanently to Villa and Atletico respectively.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
So lets put this to the table, how sure do you feel, that your understanding of that clause is correct? :)
@JPRouve too.
Gentlemen. I’m ill in bed and my head is banging. With respect, I literally couldn’t care less. I just posted a link to a rubbish article from the mirror I think. It was interesting. I thought
I’d share. I’m not a Spanish lawyer for goodness sake. Maybe you would like to discuss it between yourselves.

Resonance

So where does this transfer saga sit amongst the all time sagas on Redcafe? Does it make the Snjeider thread look like a minnow by comparison?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@JPRouve too.
Gentlemen. I’m ill in bed and my head is banging. With respect, I literally couldn’t care less. I just posted a link to a rubbish article from the mirror I think. It was interesting. I thought
I’d share. I’m not a Spanish lawyer for goodness sake. Maybe you would like to discuss it between yourselves.
I simply asked you where it was from, so I can see it for myself. I didn't ask you to debate or defend the claim.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
@JPRouve too.
Damn bud. Sorry to hear that. If you want to take your mind off it, Google 2w+cup

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Both these players have gone permanently to Villa and Atletico respectively.
I must have been mistaken then, I though it was a loan with an option to buy in both cases.

Griezmann:
On 31 August 2021, Griezmann returned to Atlético Madrid on a one-year loan, with the option to extend the loan by a further year, and complete with an obligatory permanent transfer clause worth €40 million to be activated by 2023

I see Coutinho has permanently moved now though, Griezmann I assume Atletico are picking up the wages?

Status
Not open for further replies.