Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NZT-One

What is artillery supposed to mean? Chances are, there is some movement in there because we are upping our offer.

So if it increases in the later years which is what has been reported, this would be contractually wouldn't it? I think the sticking point is that if he leaves, he's breaking that contract and they are not obligated to pay his deferred wages which is morally back handed but I think Barca knew exactly what they were doing when they negotiated the deferred wages.
You are probably right about their intentions but I think, there is a misunderstanding of the first part. If the two of us made some agreement, that I'll work for you, you'll pay me 40k in the first year, and then 50k in the 2nd and 3rd year, and I leave after the first year, than I have no right to ask for more than my 40k. Seems like that is the case with FDJ, who in best intentions wanted to help his club through a rough time, but was badly advised (it seems at least), so is now in a situation where the payments he pushed into the future are simply not due yet, so there is no way for him to get them. Therefor, not contractually owed but, as I said, morally owed. Think, there is also something with loyalty bonuses which increase over contract length and seem to be due every summer, might be the case that the 17 million are about that.

MF1138

Any coincidence that Sport are doing a U-turn hours after Laporta poured cold water on the Chelsea talk and left the door open/played coy about selling him to United?
Or they could have gotten bored and decided to change their story because journalistic integrity isn't really in their vocabulary:wenger:
Either way reading Sport is like reading tea leaves.

crossy1686

career ending
As if he did so beforehand.
Well he kind of was. The Athletic said he would prefer a move to London, or not Manchester to be exact, and there’s still the issue with the unresolved wages. However United have played a blinder here and offered Barcelona as much as they paid for him, which was what they ideally wanted, and all the other clubs that are interested have offered around £50m, meaning he only has on option is he wants to play football.

On top of that, United have effectively said that he means so much to them they’re not even going to bother looking for another midfielder, they’re going to wait for him to come around to the idea of leaving a place he doesn’t want to leave.

Honestly, I’m impressed with the board here and what they’ve managed to do so far in a difficult situation/transfer.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
@pocco believed it

Pocco is mudded
:lol: yes, mudded!

The same Laporta that claims he's not accepted any offer from us and says in the very same interview you are relying on for honesty, that he is doing everything to keep him.

He completely dodged the Chelsea question.

Anyway, I best be careful what I say to you after last time :lol: A bit sensitive, aren't you.

OrcaFat

Well he kind of was. The Athletic said he would prefer a move to London, or not Manchester to be exact, and there’s still the issue with the unresolved wages. However United have played a blinder here and offered Barcelona as much as they paid for him, which was what they ideally wanted, and all the other clubs that are interested have offered around £50m, meaning he only has on option is he wants to play football.

On top of that, United have effectively said that he means so much to them they’re not even going to bother looking for another midfielder, they’re going to wait for him to come around to the idea of leaving a place he doesn’t want to leave.

Honestly, I’m impressed with the board here and what they’ve managed to do so far in a difficult situation/transfer.
There’s a lot of speculation in all the stuff you referred to there. I’m not sure if you believe it or not but it pretty much all sounds fabricated by one source or another.

thebelfastboy

Frenkie, if your reading this thread... Here's a few lines to serenade your fiancée to tonight. It'll get this move over the line.

It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
We don't have much money, but, boy, if we did
We'd buy a big house in Manchester where we both could live,

And you can tell everybody this is your De Jong
It may be quite simple, but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is when you're at OT

Status
Not open for further replies.