Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
You'd think once that wage issue gets sorted then maybe Chelsea throw their hat in the ring
I however think we beat them off to him assuming their interest goes beyond "monitoring" anyway because of the work we've put in and finances involved.
Don't think Chelsea pay the wages we'd be willing to cough up or €85m on top of money spent on Koulibaly, Sterling, new GK they recently signed for £12.5m, soon Cucurella plus another CB AND a ST(lost Lukaku and Werner so they'll bring someone there)
Plus they already have options in his position. Their priorities are elsewhere.

Sir Erik ten Hag

I really don't believe Chelsea would like to be in the race for FDJ , simply because the relationship between two clubs must be broken by now. Barca stolen two targets under Chelsea's skin and trying to lure AZP and possibly Alonso with dirty tricks. No club would appreciate such moves and willing to step in the bidding war , the outcome of which would only benefit Barca further.

Another consideration is that, if FDJ not willing to join us or prefer CL football , we should have been well informed by his agent , and the only reasonable move next would be pulling out or at least start exploring plan B / C / D . The fact that there has been no news whatsoever of alternative targets in sight indicates that we are exhibiting patience to allow FDJ's agent resolve the mess with Barca before he can sign off and join us.

In short, I think we will nail FDJ at the last minute of this window. Not ideal, but we will see it through.
An agent's job is not to be a gentleman. An agent's job is to make sure all of his client's options are open.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Keep the faith. Still nothing reliable in the Chelsea links and that Chelsea or Bayern line has been pushed for weeks. Bayern have even ruled themselves out

flappyjay

Keep the faith. Still nothing reliable in the Chelsea links and that Chelsea or Bayern line has been pushed for weeks. Bayern have even ruled themselves out
Bayern are supposed to be after Laimer I believe.

sherrinford

An agent's job is not to be a gentleman. An agent's job is to make sure all of his client's options are open.
Apparently he doesn't think it's his job to ensure there are stipulations in his client's contracts accounting for deferred wages in the event of a transfer though...

Must be a lot of rich folks running around. Everyone seems to dismiss the £17million quid OWED like its not worth the bother -- regardless if Frenkie lands up at OT or Chelsea.
Aye, ridiculous narrative.

The wheels were in motion if he simply fecked off 17m euros. He didn’t, so it’s painfully clear he doesn’t want the move.

If Chelsea came in though, he’d instantly forget about his 17m euros, cause “Champions League innit bro”.

fecking ell :houllier:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
11/10 United
5/4 Barca
9/2 Chelsea
25/1 Bayern

Money to be made wherever he ends up to be honest. If people are worried about Bayern or Chelsea then I’d lump on at those odds

Rake

The Athletic one is a nothing article. Haven't followed them that closely before but really came up some absolute content filler dross in recent weeks.

OmarUnited4ever

The Athletics' article on De Jong being more favorable to Chelsea, is purely based on the impression that top players prefer to be in CL clubs, which is a fair inference, but when the Athletic has solid info, they will mention that they have been told such info, using phrases like "been told", "sources tell the Athletic" and so on, see the difference in the same article written by Liam Twomey and Simon Johnson (both Chelsea journalists), one is related to De Jong, the other is related to Werner.

But if De Jong were to be persuaded to leave Camp Nou in this window, the impression is that Champions League football makes Chelsea a more desirable destination than United. Barcelona’s enduring interest in Alonso and Azpilicueta also provides potential leverage in talks over price.
The Athletic has been told Werner’s preference would be a return to Germany, and perhaps even to RB Leipzig. In order to make it happen he, like Romelu Lukaku, would need to be prepared to make a sizeable financial sacrifice, with no wage burden left on Chelsea.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The Athletics' article on De Jong being more favorable to Chelsea, is purely based on the impression that top players prefer to be in CL clubs, which is a fair inference, but when the Athletic has solid info, they will mention that they have been told such info, using phrases like "been told", "sources tell the Athletic" and so on, see the difference in the same article written by Liam Twomey and Simon Johnson (both Chelsea journalists), one is related to De Jong, the other is related to Werner.
Aggregator accounts posting without context? Shock.

izec

11/10 United
5/4 Barca
9/2 Chelsea
25/1 Bayern

Money to be made wherever he ends up to be honest. If people are worried about Bayern or Chelsea then I’d lump on at those odds
Bayern wont buy him. Chelsea or us, and Chelsea could be dangerous. Think i will put something on them. Odds are pretty good.

OmarUnited4ever

The Athletic one is a nothing article. Haven't followed them that closely before but really came up some absolute content filler dross in recent weeks.
That latest article is written by Chelsea journalists, reporting on Chelsea's activity in the transfer market, they mentioned that Chelsea is watching De Jong's situation, which is probably something they were told, but they do not have any links to De Jong nor to Manchester United (like Mitten & Whitwell), so that part where they mention De Jong would prefer Chelsea is purely their opinion without any sources telling them so.

Mmm-Qatarian

The Athletic article is slightly concerning in the sense that it's a reputable Chelsea journalist reporting interest from their side. I still don't understand why there's no mention of the 17 million he's owed by Barca, though. (Unless there is and the aggregators just haven't decided to report that part; highly possible.)

The logic that De Jong would've been a United player weeks ago if he truly wanted to be here would be sound were that deferred payment issue not still looming large; with it there I'm not sure it's quite as simple as that article reportedly makes it out to be.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
That latest article is written by Chelsea journalists, reporting on Chelsea's activity in the transfer market, they mentioned that Chelsea is watching De Jong's situation, which is probably something they were told, but they do not have any links to De Jong nor to Manchester United (like Mitten & Whitwell), so that part where they mention De Jong would prefer Chelsea is purely their opinion without any sources telling them so.
Well to be fair, whenever Sport linked him to Chelsea we were saying there's nothing in it until the journalists close to Chelsea mention something. Now they did, I don't think we can swat it away that easily.

Still feeling optimistic, but I don't share the faith of my muppet brothers that he'd prefer ETH and us to Chelsea with CL and that stupid London factor. Not saying he'll 100% choose them, but it's definitely a possibility

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I really don't believe Chelsea would like to be in the race for FDJ , simply because the relationship between two clubs must be broken by now. Barca stolen two targets under Chelsea's skin and trying to lure AZP and possibly Alonso with dirty tricks. No club would appreciate such moves and willing to step in the bidding war , the outcome of which would only benefit Barca further.

Another consideration is that, if FDJ not willing to join us or prefer CL football , we should have been well informed by his agent , and the only reasonable move next would be pulling out or at least start exploring plan B / C / D . The fact that there has been no news whatsoever of alternative targets in sight indicates that we are exhibiting patience to allow FDJ's agent resolve the mess with Barca before he can sign off and join us.

In short, I think we will nail FDJ at the last minute of this window. Not ideal, but we will see it through.
Go back a few pages and you'll see an interview with Laporte that says you're wrong. It seems he and the new Chelsea owner, Boehly had dinner and have a good relationship. I'd be absolutely amazed if FDJ didn't get discussed or Laporte didn't at least float the idea. We know Tuchel is a huge fan, he was pushing PSG to sign him.

Another thing is I don't think their finances will stretch that long.
Cucurella takes their spending to over £140m and they're actively trying to buy Fofana/another CB which will take their spending to over £200m and they'll buy a ST which will cost between £40-50m at least. I don't think they add FDJ for £72m on top of that would take their spending beyond £300m they have money but not that much
I still firmly believe they're just "monitoring" but will hold off on midfield to get Rice next year
Apparently they have £200-250m to spend under FFP.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Why would Chelsea sign a midfielder on the ridiculous wages Frenkie is on? Don't see it personally

crossy1686

career ending
The Athletic article is slightly concerning in the sense that it's a reputable Chelsea journalist reporting interest from their side. I still don't understand why there's no mention of the 17 million he's owed by Barca, though. (Unless there is and the aggregators just haven't decided to report that part; highly possible.)

The logic that De Jong would've been a United player weeks ago if he truly wanted to be here would be sound were that deferred payment issue not still looming large; with it there I'm not sure it's quite as simple as that article reportedly makes it out to be.
Because Barcelona want him out, and if he truly wanted out of Barcelona he would have forced the move to United and made them sort out the money they owe him.

Status
Not open for further replies.