• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
We will see but I very much doubt it at all.
It’s not going to happen because I think we’re waiting for Declan Rice next summer. But I’m saying IF the De Jong interest is real, it would only be reasonable to assume Azpi and Alonso would be used as some sort of makeweight.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
If he GENUINELY wanted Chelsea, and knew they were in for him, he wouldn't be arsed about the wages i'd imagine. He'd get it sorted asap and leave
How does this not work for us then? Strange you put is this way and still think he's going to join us.

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s not going to happen because I think we’re waiting for Declan Rice next summer. But I’m saying IF the De Jong interest is real, it would only be reasonable to assume Azpi and Alonso would be used as some sort of makeweight.
i can’t ever remember a 3 way swap deal so again id suggest not.

If was going to happen it would have already too seeing as the clubs met a few weeks ago

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If he GENUINELY wanted Chelsea, and knew they were in for him, he wouldn't be arsed about the wages i'd imagine. He'd get it sorted asap and leave.
Thats my opinion anyway. Theres no benefit to Chelsea staying away until the wages are sorted it won't change anything. I'm pretty sure Barca have told United they can talk to de Jong whenever they want, and if Chelsea were to have a bid accepted, then they'd say the same to them too.

I'm pretty sure Chelsea aren't as interested as is being made out in the Athletic. If they were, don't you think it would have been a bit more out there by now? Surely we'd have widespread reports, which tells me that the info the Athletic has is from Barca and not Chelsea.
Very few footballers - if any - are "not going to be arsed" about £18m in wages.

#00F

Supports
Barca
He needs to leave and United maybe a good place for him to find his form back. Honestly I was surprised United offered about 75m for him. I don't think he lived upto his reputation in 3 years in barca. He did ok, not terrible, but never lit it up. Sometime it just doesn't work perfectly. If I was in barca board, I will maybe pay his deferred wages and take the money from United ASAP. We save on wages and we have enough depth in midfield. Nobody else will pay 75m for him, that's for sure. When we have kids surpassing him in the midfield role, you know something didn't click properly.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
De Jong wouldn't improve Chelsea that much, he would take United to a new level and United wouldn't fail to get into the CL, It's literally for one year.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
some genius at Talkshite Radio says he will sign for us on the last day of the window... that pretty much assures me that he'll either stay put or go to chelsea

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
i can’t ever remember a 3 way swap deal so again id suggest not.

If was going to happen it would have already too seeing as the clubs met a few weeks ago
Not a direct 2 + cash for De Jong swap. More like we’d make the fees for Azpi and Alonso as small as possible to get them to Barca. Maybe even no fee for Azpi.

Again, almost surely not going to happen.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Not a direct 2 + cash for De Jong swap. More like we’d make the fees for Azpi and Alonso as small as possible to get them to Barca. Maybe even no fee for Azpi.

You wouldn't stop chuckling if it did though.

Especially if De Jong goes full troll at the unveiling saying he would only ever have left for Chelsea and as soon as he heard they were interested he was desperate to move.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Very few footballers - if any - are "not going to be arsed" about £18m in wages.
If the reports from Spain are to be believed the wages aren't the reason why he doesn't want to join United. The reports make it seem like he wants Chelsea and as soon as they come in he'd be happy to go.

I have no idea whats going on, and neither do any of the journos it seems.

TheReligion

Abusive

Id say it’s the least likely of any possible option on the table

RVN1991

I'll have to see him in Chelsea shirt to believe he's not coming to Old Trafford.
He's clearly not coming. Not to say I told you so but he'll sign with Chelsea after they submit their first bid while we've been begging him to join since June.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
To the tune of Sisqo's "Thong Song"

This thread right here
Is lettin' all the Cules know
What Muppets talk about
You know, the Muppeting things in life
Haha

Check it out
Ooh Barca's so scandalous
And you know Bartomeu couldn't handle it
So you flashing' that money like City Group
And courting the ire of @devilish, uh

You like to spend, all the Chelsea targets
And you release another lever to connect the dots
Not just Mikky, she likes the Barca shops
'Cause she was driving our Frenkie, Loca

She's in the dumps like feck, feck, feck
Manchester rain like what, what, what
Frenkie's a ****, ****, ****

Uh, I think I'll sing it again (c'mon)
She's in the dumps like feck, feck, feck
Manchester rain like what, what, what
It's your fault de Jong

At least we'll see 'ar Chong (c'mon)
Frenkie,
De Jong and Tahith Chong
I like it when his shots go
Over Stretford's Z roooooooooooow
De Jong and Tahith Chong
Why was I even mentioned?

Mmm-Qatarian

He's clearly not coming. Not to say I told you so but he'll sign with Chelsea after they submit their first bid while we've been begging him to join since June.
Unless we pull out, if Chelsea want to get him within the next few weeks they'll have to match our offer. I just don't see why they'd be willing to do that when their midfield is, at present, already overfilled and they are seemingly looking to make a number of other expensive signings.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
You wouldn't stop chuckling if it did though.

Especially if De Jong goes full troll at the unveiling saying he would only ever have left for Chelsea and as soon as he heard they were interested he was desperate to move.
If you offered me the choice between De Jong and Rice I’d choose Rice. He’s a better fit with the other personnel we have in midfield. I wouldn’t be gloating if we got De Jong because I honestly don’t rate him anywhere near as high as this forum does.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Unless we pull out, if Chelsea want to get him within the next few weeks they'll have to match our offer. I just don't see why they'd be willing to do that when their midfield is, at present, already overfilled and they are seemingly looking to make a number of other expensive signings.
The way I see it, if he truly wanted to go to Chelsea and doesn't want to come to United at all, he'd have told ten Hag and I imagine United wouldn't stick around, meaning Chelsea could bid whatever they were going to bid.

When Brobbey said he wanted to go to Ajax we moved on quickly. I don't see why we wouldn't do the same here. I fully maintain ten Hag has all the assurances he needs

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
If you offered me the choice between De Jong and Rice I’d choose Rice. He’s a better fit with the other personnel we have in midfield. I wouldn’t be gloating if we got De Jong because I honestly don’t rate him anywhere near as high as this forum does.
That's only because you actually have a midfield :)

Indy_Red

The way I see it, if he truly wanted to go to Chelsea and doesn't want to come to United at all, he'd have told ten Hag and I imagine United wouldn't stick around, meaning Chelsea could bid whatever they were going to bid.

When Brobbey said he wanted to go to Ajax we moved on quickly. I don't see why we wouldn't do the same here. I fully maintain ten Hag has all the assurances he needs
I hope you are right, it does seem certain though that Chelsea are going to make a bid, and if they do then we have to question why they would do that if Frenkie has told them if he leaves Barca it would be to Utd

Aeryis

I actually can't believe it's August and the situation hasn't changed in 2 months. Wow, what a mess of a transfer saga.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

He's under no obligation to tell ETH that though, he will do what his wife/girlfriend and agent says

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Chelsea are after Cucurela, Dumfries/KWP , Fofana - which would take their spending to 250+.

Another 80 for FDJ ? Fine - good luck at Chelsea.

Mmm-Qatarian

I honestly wouldn't like to speculate what De Jong and his agent are telling everyone right now; it's a complete mess in the media. I am reasonably confident, though, that Chelsea won't be offering the same amount for him that we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.