Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yeah we've started coming out with the excuses. The end is near
How is that an excuse? They're saying that Barca are holding the deal up with the wage issue whilst making out as if it's United that are the problem?
Thats not an excuse, thats putting across a reason for the delay!

If whats been said today is true, expect others to start reporting it soon. If they don't, then it's not worth getting stressed over

captaincantona

Pretty clear what happened. ETH thought it was in the bag as Frenkie had to leave, he said he was happy to join and we were the only show in town at that price.

Then a CL club came in and Frenkie had second thoughts.

Lesson learned for ETH. We are up shit creek now.

hobbers

This is why you dont let a performance analytics guy run your transfers.

Especially one favoured and promoted by Woodward.

Chief123

Pretty clear what happened. ETH thought it was in the bag as Frenkie had to leave, he said he was happy to join and we were the only show in town at that price.

Then a CL club came in and Frenkie had second thoughts.

Lesson learned for ETH. We are up shit creek now.
I’m just guessing here but trying to put the pieces together of what’s happened.

I do believe there was a wages issue. Utd agreed the fee with Barca believing they were in a 1 horse race. They then took a step back and left FDJ and Barca to sort out the wages issue. Barca have clearly no interest in paying him all this time. Meanwhile chelsea have probably come along and said well we’ll pay to resolve the wages issue too. At that point I think Utd have panicked and decided to do the same now. The problem Utd might have now is chelsea are the more desirable location than Utd to FDJ.

FDJ may well have given assurances he was happy to sign for Utd from the beginning once his wages were sorted out. But at that time Utd were the only option on the table. It’s normal for a player to change their mind when a more desirable option becomes available. Just look at Raphina to Chelsea.

That’s my take on it anyway. Either way it truly has been a shit show of a Saga.

fergosaurus

Have I missed something or have people given up based on the tweet about what Harry Redknapp thinks?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The thread has been invaded by the miserable brigade.

Sad times
Harry has screwed us over. He'll forever be known as the muppet slayer.

It just makes no sense to me though. If de Jong wants to go to Chelsea, why isn't it done yet? Sport says he's making his decision immenently, but Chelsea haven't bidded yet.
If we know he's not coming and doesn't want to come, it makes no sense to stick around and knowing what we know from Timber and Brobbey chases, we move on when we know we're done. Thats why i just can't see this being as matter of fact as Harry is making it out to be. The conspiricy theorist in me says he could very well have been fed false info to see if it's going to be leaked. Unlikely i know.

redshaw

Wasn't there something Harry said/leaked in the last 5 years about a big signing or manager to United?

If true then perhaps this could be a more recent development. Always thought we were a viable option but still a long shot that ETH and the club are aware of but are willing to take a gamble on getting a top player, I don't think we've been assured, more a yes if no other big CL club come in. Chelsea board and manager have probably mulled it over this past month and are ready to jump in with the ok from the player and maybe sort the wage issue out.

The leak from Harry's mouth doesn't help if we're trying to find an alternative before briefing we're out the Frenkie saga

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The thread has been invaded by the miserable brigade.

Sad times
Aye they've all come jumping in, giddy at the prospect of complaining about something because they're dramatic and miserable cnuts.

Don't know why they're even doing it because Frenkie is still coming to us...

hobbers

No smoke without fire but a lot of people in this thread are tap dancing in a furnace.

kkengvib

FC Barcelona still cannot register their new players.

La Liga have rejected Barça’s calculations and believe the Spanish club are €150m away from their own valuation.

(Source: Cadena COPE)

Apologies I don't know now to embed a tweet

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I’m just guessing here but trying to put the pieces together of what’s happened.

I do believe there was a wages issue. Utd agreed the fee with Barca believing they were in a 1 horse race. They then took a step back and left FDJ and Barca to sort out the wages issue. Barca have clearly no interest in paying him all this time. Meanwhile chelsea have probably come along and said well we’ll pay to resolve the wages issue too. At that point I think Utd have panicked and decided to do the same now. The problem Utd might have now is chelsea are the more desirable location than Utd to FDJ.

FDJ may well have given assurances he was happy to sign for Utd from the beginning once his wages were sorted out. But at that time Utd were the only option on the table. It’s normal for a player to change their mind when a more desirable option becomes available. Just look at Raphina to Chelsea.

That’s my take on it anyway. Either way it truly has been a shit show of a Saga.
I'm pretty sure that Raphinha always wanted Barca, even when Chelsea were in for him, he wanted Barca. He was also probably told that Barca would come in for him after they sorted out some financial aspects, hence why he didn't rush into the Chelsea signing.

Chelsea have no financial issues, if they wanted de Jong they could get him. The fact they've not as of yet makes it seem like they're not too sure if they acutally want him or not. They're interested, they're apparently happy to match our bid, but nothing solid has been reported. Chelsea reporters mentioned it all as a passing comment in other stories. It's just a mess at the moment. If United don't walk away, fully knowing he doesn't want to join us, then their public image in all of this is going to be shattered and you can damn well guarantee that fans will let their anger be known

ForeverRed1

If Harry Redknapp knows that then united certainly do. If they know he isn’t coming.. it’s time to sort our squad out and get the alternatives. Stop fecking around. We play a competitive match in 2 days with the midfield not sorted ffs.

Supports
Chelsea
It just makes no sense to me though. If de Jong wants to go to Chelsea, why isn't it done yet? Sport says he's making his decision immenently, but Chelsea haven't bidded yet.
Now that Cucurella is done we might see more movement on this. Usually with such high profile transfers once one is finalized talks can accelerate on other targets. Think they will try for Fofana or de Jong next, if rumours are to be believed.

Also, Cucurella joining fits in with the timing of allowing Alonso to go to Barca, which could be linked to Frenkie.

DevilRed

FC Barcelona still cannot register their new players.

La Liga have rejected Barça’s calculations and believe the Spanish club are €150m away from their own valuation.

(Source: Cadena COPE)

Apologies I don't know now to embed a tweet
:lol:

Clowns.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Why would Harry say that though?
Why not... as was said before, he's nothing to gain, but he's nothing to lose either.

It boosts listening figures for his show and gets people calling in and the sorts. If it turns out he was wrong, he could just say he was given bad information, or something changed at the last moment. It's a win win for him in all fairness

red thru&thru

Oh we should all be positive then if you say so.
No, not at all. But been as though you had nothing else to say to me on regards to my explanation, I assumed you understood and were happy with that.

Or are you just being negative for the sake of being negative?

Chief123

I'm pretty sure that Raphinha always wanted Barca, even when Chelsea were in for him, he wanted Barca. He was also probably told that Barca would come in for him after they sorted out some financial aspects, hence why he didn't rush into the Chelsea signing.

Chelsea have no financial issues, if they wanted de Jong they could get him. The fact they've not as of yet makes it seem like they're not too sure if they acutally want him or not. They're interested, they're apparently happy to match our bid, but nothing solid has been reported. Chelsea reporters mentioned it all as a passing comment in other stories. It's just a mess at the moment. If United don't walk away, fully knowing he doesn't want to join us, then their public image in all of this is going to be shattered and you can damn well guarantee that fans will let their anger be known
One of the chiefs at Leeds Utd mentioned today that Raphina to Chelsea was a “done deal”. He said he was sad that he had to go back on his word to Boehly because they’d agreed a deal.

Players will change their mind if a better option comes forward. If Barca didn’t come in late, Raphina would certainly be at Chelsea right now. He wouldn’t have waited indefinitely for Barca to come in one day.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Now that Cucurella is done we might see more movement on this. Usually with such high profile transfers once one is finalized talks can accelerate on other targets. Think they will try for Fofana or de Jong next, if rumours are to be believed.
You need to work on positions that need sorting first in my opinion. No point in signing a player just to say "oh look, we can afford big, expensive players" whilst neglecting areas of the squad that need sorting.
Fofana will probably be next as they've been working on it a while now. Then you need a striker too. Thats pretty much an absolute priority i'd imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.