Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony247

I understand ETH’s desire to reunite with the player he knows but he should have set a deadline weeks ago for this deal to be done or we walk away. Its already 3 months and the season start in 2 days. ETH’s already to blame for this De Jong fiasco.
ETH out!

red thru&thru

I agree but we also have to make sure that we don't appear as "rich idiots" who overpay for everything like we did in the last 10 years. I'm maybe in minority but I agree with Arnold/Murtough on holding line and not buckling under pressure.
This is also a fair point.

I suppose it comes down to EtH and his belief in the current squad.

However it plays out, I'm still going to optimistic. The biggest signing we could have made this season was EtH. With him in the building, im confident.

Chief123

I agree with you.

We spent the season going for Brobbey - a player clearly wanted by Ten Hag over everyone else. We have been rejected by him and therefore have no striker bought this year.

We are only going for who Ten Hag wants, which is clearly a small bracket of players.
Ey? We’ve not been in for him at all. Certainly not a whole season. We had shown some interest in recent weeks but that was it.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
ETH does not conduct transfer negotiations.

If he names a player he'd like to add to the team and that player turns out to be a very tricky transfer - that isn't on him.

If we spend months trying to land him, and it turns out it was never likely to happen, that isn't on him either.

Or - it shouldn't be.

His job is to coach the players and select the best XI - ideally, he shouldn't have anything to do with transfers at all beyond, of course, recommending certain targets he feels would improve us.

Strootman's Finger

I agree with you.

We spent the season going for Brobbey - a player clearly wanted by Ten Hag over everyone else. We have been rejected by him and therefore have no striker bought this year.

We are only going for who Ten Hag wants, which is clearly a small bracket of players.
It's funny how much heat you are taking for this. You went over the top, but it's correct, EtH wanted Brobbey, we made an enquiry, he wanted to go to Ajax, end of story, but it happened.

Chief123

ETH is morphing into Ole by the day praised Maguire saying he was a successful player then kept him as captain. The other day he was talking about the right players only joining United when the teams full of dross. We are no closer to signing FDJ after 3 months of speculation. Why is he insisting on getting this guy? It's ridiculous chasing someone who doesn't want to leave and then to make him the highest paid as well? He'll create another Pogba situation with malcontent group because of his wages. Beyond ridiculous. I hope ETH’s not another Glazer puppet in charge.
That couldn’t be further from the truth. They are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to manager personality.

C3Pique

Fred/Mctominay/Eriksen/Garner/Iqbal/Savage isn't too bad depth wise tbh.

Sometimes missing out gives a youth player a chance. I think Iqbal could be a big surprise this year for us.
Is this a joke? 3 of them have never kicked a ball in the PL, and one of the ones that has is shite.

TheReligion

Abusive
ETH is morphing into Ole by the day praised Maguire saying he was a successful player then kept him as captain. The other day he was talking about the right players only joining United when the teams full of dross. We are no closer to signing FDJ after 3 months of speculation. Why is he insisting on getting this guy? It's ridiculous chasing someone who doesn't want to leave and then to make him the highest paid as well? He'll create another Pogba situation with malcontent group because of his wages. Beyond ridiculous. I hope ETH’s not another Glazer puppet in charge.
What a terrible post

Green Yellow Red

Maybe football isn't for you, its meant to be fun. To get this annoyed at this point in a new managers reign is staggering.
Football is fun for sure but I don’t enjoy watching United plunged in the abyss of darkness for so long with no end in sight. Our recruitment policy has been terrible and this De Jong story again, and again and again.... I still do not understand why United refuse to accept the situation and move on to an alternative target. If Chelsea pull this off it will be the most embarrassing thing for United.

Flexdegea

Can't take these posts serious.......glazer puppet now :lol:

Green Yellow Red

What a terrible post
Since Gill's retirement, United's board have easily been the most clueless at getting transfers done efficiently and quickly. First window where they chased their tail endlessly and only ended up getting Felliani at HIGHER than his release clause didn't bode well. You'd think they'd get better by now but. nope. Bruno took 2 transfer windows, Sancho a full year and the De Jong saga is a complete farce.

Flexdegea

Football is fun for sure but I don’t enjoy watching United plunged in the abyss of darkness for so long with no end in sight. Our recruitment policy has been terrible and this De Jong story again, and again and again.... I still do not understand why United refuse to accept the situation and move on to an alternative target. If Chelsea pull this off it will be the most embarrassing thing for United.

Surely this is a burner account of a rival fan.

Some subtle hints in this post

TheReligion

Abusive
Since Gill's retirement, United's board have easily been the most clueless at getting transfers done efficiently and quickly. First window where they chased their tail endlessly and only ended up getting Felliani at HIGHER than his release clause didn't bode well. You'd think they'd get better by now but. nope. Bruno took 2 transfer windows, Sancho a full year and the De Jong saga is a complete farce.
Nice one. Tell me something I don’t know.

r1z3mu

By reading all these depressing posts I understand why word "muppets" is so popular here. :lol:
People, relax - life is beautiful. Season is almost here and we are going to OK. FDJ announcement is coming within a week.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
De Jong to Bayern well I didn't see that option coming, they spent big on De Ligt though, don't see them spending big money in the summer. They don't need to.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Lack of reassuring quotes coming from United sources after this news. Likely we're waiting for a replacement signing before briefing that we're out of the run-NO Pidgy bad Pidgy hold the line HOLD THE LINE.

Red00012

Fred/Mctominay/Eriksen/Garner/Iqbal/Savage isn't too bad depth wise tbh.

Sometimes missing out gives a youth player a chance. I think Iqbal could be a big surprise this year for us.
If you’re happy with a top 10 finish

TheLord

The Bayern rumour is total BS.
Once Marcus Alonoso's transfer to Barca is complete, the FDJ saga will definitely end, whether good or bad. That will be in one or two days according to circulating rumours. We should move on to someone else, if we can't pull off this deal by early next week, IMO.

cyberman

Let’s say this is true, all the news is true over the last month. At what point do United simply remove themselves from the race even if we are his last choice?
It must be hard for muppets to still want him?

cyberman

Remember when they wanted to avoid the 3rd lever? Now it’s a fourth plus sales on top.

There’s a feck up somewhere that seems to be suppressed. Must be another 250m at least

mu4c_20le

Let’s say this is true, all the news is true over the last month. At what point do United simply remove themselves from the race even if we are his last choice?
It must be hard for muppets to still want him?
Not sure if you realize but this has gone far beyond just football. Everyone has a personal motivation to see this through, one way or another.

Heista

Supports
Ajax

I tell you why!
ETH is another Glazer puppet in charge.
He supports players we know are dross.
He insists on players who dont want to come.
He will just create another Pogba situation if you ask me!

It's ridiculous!
Do like me and dont start to trust and stand behind ETH! If things will go wrong, we will be the first who are right!

Status
Not open for further replies.