Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

We witnessed the player first hand today. He was incredible, I had the same feeling watching him as I did Kante at Leicester. A must sign now for me.
We were on the verge of signing him but it was another one we didn’t follow through. He ended up going to Brighton at the last hurdle. I can’t believe we didn’t go through with it thinking we had better options in our current squad.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
We were on the verge of signing him but it was another one we didn’t follow through. He ended up going to Brighton at the last hurdle. I can’t believe we didn’t go through with it thinking we had better options in our current squad.
Yeah I remember, we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory there. You could write an encyclopedia of mistakes we've made in the market since Fergie left. Hopefully we put this one right.

WPMUFC

To imagine that the entire monetary dispute between FDJ-Barca may be close to the same figure for buying Arnautović makes me want to projectile vomit.

croadyman

Even if we get De Jong, we clearly still need another midfielder. Someone in the shape of N'Golo Kanté but with more years in the tank. De Jong is not a natural defensive midfielder. He's a brilliant player of his type, but we would still need a better screen in front of the defence to allow De Jong/Fernandes/Eriksen a platform. Crikey, when you actually mention all those players in the same sentence and imagine a quality DM backing them up, it sounds great.
Try getting Erik to realise that as well

croadyman

A logical response to todays pitiful display in midfield would be to accelerate this and get it done by any means needed.

United don’t operate like that and will definitely dally.
Yeah that should be happening but on the day we get beat he looks more secure at Barca, ugh

Tweek

To imagine that the entire monetary dispute between FDJ-Barca may be close to the same figure for buying Arnautović makes me want to projectile vomit.
What about if that same sum of money is the difference between us signing Arnautović or, say, Sesko? Would people here still be up for us paying it to Barca or FDJ if it had that kind of effect on any other deals? For the record, I'm not suggesting that is what is going on, just generally curious if people saying we should pay up would be okay with taking a hit elsewhere because of it.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
What about if that same sum of money is the difference between us signing Arnautović or, say, Sesko? Would people here still be up for us paying it to Barca or FDJ if it had that kind of effect on any other deals? For the record, I'm not suggesting that is what is going on, just generally curious if people saying we should pay up would be okay with taking a hit elsewhere because of it.
That's the difference between managing in real life and fandom expertise.

One knows that it's about priorities/choices within a financial limitation. The other is about wanting everything and then bitching about those very same things when it hits the first bump on the road.

Marcus

Eriksen could be the missing link. In desperate times, he could be the deep lying playmaker instead of FDJ, while we wait for the next transfer window. Hopefully Barca would be insolvent by then. Please sign Frankie!

jeepers

Apparently we pulled out of the Caicedo deal because there were multiple parties to the contract, and we thought it was too much of a hassle to deal with. Didn’t seem like Brighton had too much trouble completing the deal, and they now have the next midfielder who would be linked to us for £40-$50m in a couple of years. Our structure and setup has been complete and utter shite since the Glazers came in, we can only pray that it improves from this point onwards, although this window so far has done nothing to prove our worries wrong.

OmarUnited4ever

Apparently we pulled out of the Caicedo deal because there were multiple parties to the contract, and we thought it was too much of a hassle to deal with. Didn’t seem like Brighton had too much trouble completing the deal, and they now have the next midfielder who would be linked to us for £40-$50m in a couple of years. Our structure and setup has been complete and utter shite since the Glazers came in, we can only pray that it improves from this point onwards, although this window so far has done nothing to prove our worries wrong.

Caicedo ran rings around McTominay yesterday, right now, he would definitely improve our midfield.

GinobiliTheGOAT

So did he play yesterday? How did he do? What do our body language experts say?
He was fantastic, I think he stays.

Barca looking scary good on paper:

https://

twitter.com/sarafcbi/status/1556360927616069632?s=21&t=_ps8pHKgEI3UTKnJgD7j1Q

Tweek

So did he play yesterday? How did he do? What do our body language experts say?
He started on the bench but came on at halftime. Looked good and sharp, scored with a tidy finish, played well and got a decent reception I think. Apart from starting on the bench, which in iteslf is not that abnormal, you wouldn't have known any of this was going on. But it still is...

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
He's the biggest improvement we can make, though. I believe he will be a game changer if he joins.
He would be. Honestly, all due respect to Tuchel, but looking at that Twitter clip …. Jorgihno would have stopped to pass backward after making the first move.

There are no better attackers. Your BEST chance is replacing a negative player with someone who can unlock the whole field that way.

Hazard used to do that in the beginning: turn and make a move and immediately make two or three opposing players irrelevant.

He will make a massive difference to a team.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We'd better hope FdJ doesn't watch telly... and there's no way one signing is going to radically change the utter shite on display yesterday

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It's a day today guys!! It's most definitely a day!

Hopefully we get osme news today. Aside from Romeros Things are happening BS

NoLegendary

I watch and follow Barcelona a lot and I am afraid the story doesnt really look good for us anymore.

This is how it stands as per the latest;

- Barcelona management have asked their two captains (Pique and Busquets) to make another wage reduction (they have agreed)

- They will tear Braithwaits’ contract, the money they owe him will then become “costs” insted of wages. Clearing up some room.

- Umtiti has found a club to which he may go for free, clearing up more space on the wagebills.

- if any of the latest two scenario’s doesnt go through, there is a last back up plan/financial Lever, Which is; Barcelona will sell another 24,95% of the merch licensing.

-A “positive” extra hit for Barcelona is the interest from Juve for Depay. Barcelona wants 15-20 m for him. Depay wants to leave for free, because he came for free and has done everything Barcelona asked from him. Barcelona is showing coulance but doesnt want to let him go completely for free, but there is progress between all camps.

Long story short. The chance of Frenkie joining us, how painful it may be, is now very very small ( If i have to make a guess around 10%). The silence from all camps seem to confirm this. coming Friday it will be confirmed officially because by then Barcelona will have registered all their new signing.

dove

Guys what the hell, you let this thread disappear from the first page. Are we giving up on this one or what?

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The chance of Frenkie joining us, how painful it may be, is now very very small ( If i have to make a guess around 10%). The silence from all camps seem to confirm this. coming Friday it will be confirmed officially because by then Barcelona will have registered all their new signing.
Right now, I think 10% is optimistic.
If he saw that dismal display yesterday, that would surely be the final nail in the coffin.

dove

That's more like it. I will also add a valuable contribution by saying it's in the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.