Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

Theres a big difference between playing in friendlies where theres no pressure to playing in the PL when the pressure is really on.

McTom failed his test yesterday that much is for sure
He was shit in friendlies too. My point is, nobody is making these kind of decisions based on 1 game. ETH has seen him in training every day, he obviously knows his qualities, what he can do and what he cannot do. I want to believe Rabiot would be an addition to FdJ but in reality I think it's extremely unlikely. It's just a typical case of us panicking because we probably realised we have wasted way too much time already.

Dominos

ETH doesn't really play with a DM
This argument over the "DM" label is completely missing the point.

We lost Matic and Pogba and Fred/Mctominay are nowhere near good enough. Our first priority should have been 2 CMs, 1 is not enough.

Chasing De Jong is fine but it still leaves the question of who we're meant to be partnering him with in midfield? Someone with a minimum level of technical quality and defensive nous, of which neither Fred/Mctominay possess. We've completely neglected the 2nd CM all summer.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Blatantly obvious to even the doomiest of doomers that the hold up with this deal is way out of United's hands now.
Oh it always has been. Thing is I believe this would of been done if FDJ wanted to come.

Tony247

Yesterday's match was so depressing it burst my enthusiasm. Lost my will to argue with anti-muppets. Desparately need something positive to hold on to.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
This is the last, desperate roll of the dice as far as Barcelona is concerned. They are in trouble financially and need him to drop his wages if he stays, thus this coercive, underhanded tactic.

Get out of there Frenkie, before it's too late. Even to Chelsea at this point, Barcelona are not going to exist in a few years. You can quote me on that.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Bit troubling that they apparently informed him about this three weeks ago. It's not a new development and he still doesn't seem to want out

Eddy_JukeZ

Well all the people who took the 'Barca aren't holding up this potential deal' angle look really fecking silly now.

This will drag on more in all likelihood.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Oh it always has been. Thing is I believe this would of been done if FDJ wanted to come.
He may well have said that he's open to coming but he needs this sorting at Barca first.. There's probably a reason Chelsea haven't followed up their talks with an official bid too. Very messy situation.

I'm more confident after seeing this news that we'll get him

Eddy_JukeZ

Bit troubling that they apparently informed them about this three weeks ago. It's not a new development and he still doesn't seem to want out
Not sure what the article says, but maybe he does want out on his terms though and not Barca's.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Bit troubling that they apparently informed him about this three weeks ago. It's not a new development and he still doesn't seem to want out
Frenkie didn't believe it until Ornstein reported on it and quite frankly, who can blame him

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
His criminality :
1. Looked at Xavi funny during the team's dinner party
2. Used toilet during training when he was only allowed to do a bush wee
3. Followed instructions to play as a CB when he should have refused because he was signed as a midfielder
4. Had fun at the beach with Depay, etc and looked happy during transfer saga which is an indicator of no empathy and psychopathic tendencies. He doesn't care that nobody wants him at the club anymore

arthurka

McFred have killed the buzz for this season can't even summon the strength to enjoy that comedy that is Barca and their blindly devoted disciples. Hope FDJ enjoys his criminal hearing and the bucks he is owed and he will never get.

Yesterday's match was so depressing it burst my enthusiasm. Lost my will to argue with anti-muppets. Desparately need something positive to hold on to.
Don't worry Arnold and his compadres are on the way to bring us another 40 year old striker.

Delano

That's reasonable though, happens everywhere! :wenger:

What an absolute mess of a saga, truly the most unique one i've seen.

You know you're fecked when a player would rather play for "Cell Block B" than United.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
So if he reverts back to his previous deal, doesn't that mean Barcelona are contractually obligated to pay him the deferred wages for 20/21 and 21/22 seasons immediately?

Baxter

Jason Burt says United don't expect to complete a deal at the moment, although it doesn't say that Chelsea do either.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Does Laporta realise they’ll still need to pay up the money that De Jong agreed to be paid at a later date or do they want to cancel his contract so he can walk as a free agent? :lol:
If they void his contract and have him sign a new one, they won't be able to register him :lol:

flappyjay

If you were him knowing a footballer’s career is short, would you join this shitshow? I think even if you’re a United supporter you probably wouldn’t. Plenty of better options.
True. But there is plenty of talent in tier 2 clubs who would gladly join us but as usual we believe only 1 man can do the job and now we are too late in the window. Laimer, Kamara, Ruiz we probably close those deals no problem in May. The combined cost of less than De Jong, probably wages wise too they would get less than De jong combined all 3 of them. That would have been a big improvement on McFred.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The first point :drool:
Third point kinda invalidates Chelseas interest though doesn't it?

If they're interested but yet to submit a bid, because apparently they're waiting for a green light, but are willing to pay his outstanding wages, therefore creating the green light, why haven't they done so yet?
They're interested, yes, but i don't think they're THAT interested in him. Barca have been hyping the interest up to get United to crack and pay, i'm sure of it

Status
Not open for further replies.