Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I’ve never know a transfer saga where basically the exact same news is reported daily as if it’s completely new information.

peridigm

This will be done and I doubt FDJ flies within Barca tomorrow as they will want to save the money on his ticket.

Erics_Collar

From another forum for what it's worth...

FDJ did not defer wages. That implies the money is already earned by him. Barca would not have a leg to stand on if that were the case. His contract was instead restructured to take a lower salary up front and a higher salary on the back end. Rightly or wrongly, Barcelona have paid him the salary that he is contractually owed and FDJ has no claim on "missed" wages due to what was signed.

The issue relates to a bonus that FDJ was entitled to if he saw out his contract. Economically, it did not make sense for FDJ to restructure his contract as there was nothing in it for him, so Barcelona offered him a generous "loyalty" bonus as compensation for agreeing to the restructure.

The issue now is Barcelona want to sell him. FDJ's camp think the language in his new contract indicates that he will still be due this bonus. They view any transfer initiated by Barcelona as still being a successful fulfillment of FDJ's contract on his part. Legally speaking, this is where FDJ is in the clear. I've been assured that Barcelona have no recourse to not pay the bonus unless FDJ submits a transfer request.

Hence the public game of cat and mouse. FDJ says he wants to stay because if he says otherwise, he loses his bonus. Barca say they want him to stay also, because they want FDJ to be the one to force through the transfer so they don't have to pay him.

Two other related nuggets - FDJ's agent unhappy that United have leaked details of FDJ agreeing to join the club privately. Does not help his public game of chess.

United did iterate to Barcelona that deal needs to be resolved by Friday 15th July or they will withdraw their offer.

Lyng

2 Things....

1st adding to what you are saying, these stats were achieved playing for a dominant Ajax in a relatively weak league (strength in depth) and Barcelona a dominant team in a relatively weak league (strength in depth).....

2nd thing Carrick should not be used as an example of a midfielder to aspire to.... he was bang average and way over hyped on here, the guy was on his way out of the club his performances were so poor until we had a defensive crisis and he had to step in as a CB, admittedly after that reprieve his performances stabilised but still he was, meh at best, he was just slightly better than other bang average midefielders we had at the time, he was fortunate to play in front of a great defence otherwise he would have been exposed more, the worst sideways and backpass merchant I have ever seen play for us, and gave numerous goals away passing to attackers outside our own box,
Carrick was a great passer and a very intelligent player. His ability to read the oppositions flow of play and intercept was excellent.

Nickosaur

I think I'm past the stage of frustration now.

I have no fecking clue if this is happening or not but I'm enjoying the show.

Raven

2 Things....

1st adding to what you are saying, these stats were achieved playing for a dominant Ajax in a relatively weak league (strength in depth) and Barcelona a dominant team in a relatively weak league (strength in depth).....

2nd thing Carrick should not be used as an example of a midfielder to aspire to.... he was bang average and way over hyped on here, the guy was on his way out of the club his performances were so poor until we had a defensive crisis and he had to step in as a CB, admittedly after that reprieve his performances stabilised but still he was, meh at best, he was just slightly better than other bang average midefielders we had at the time, he was fortunate to play in front of a great defence otherwise he would have been exposed more, the worst sideways and backpass merchant I have ever seen play for us, and gave numerous goals away passing to attackers outside our own box,
Embarrassing take.

Chief123

Can we address the elephant in the room...

4 goals and 6 assists in 61 games across all competitions and internationals last season.

Is 1 in 10 really enough? If all he does is pass to the person who does the actual work then why are we paying so much for FdJ.

13 goals, 23 assists in 230 total professional games all clubs. 91.4% pass accuracy, 12 MOTM so about 5% of the time and this is only marginally better than 1/22 so he barely outshines the average if there are no stand outs.

Per game defensive
1.3 tackles, 1.1 interceptions, 0.6 fouls, 0.1 offside, 0.8 clearances, 0.6 dribbles, 0.1 blocks, 0 o.g.s

Offensive
0.5 shots, 1.2 key passes, 1.7 dribbles, 1.2 fouled, 0.8 dispossessed, 0.9 bad control

Passes
64.6, 0.1 crosses, 2.2 long ball, 0.1 through balls

This player is no Michael Carrick. He also isn't a DM. He isn't a destroyer. He isn't a Pirlo..

He is basically the one missing element from Fred and McTominay...he can do simple passes effectively! Is this really enough?

Maybe stats isn't enough.

I've not watched loads of him and the passing aspect was the key thing I was sure we needed, but now I'm left questioning if this is really a stand out player worth this kind of money.
How are you possibly judging FDJ based on goals and assists. Such a bizarre stat to look at for someone in his position.

You wouldn’t look at those stats for players like Rodri, Busquets, Jorginho, Kante etc so why FDJ.

He’s being brought in to help us transition from defence to attack and break the lines in a similar way to what Matic could do. He’s not going to necessarily get assists but he’ll provide the likes of Bruno who can stay higher up the pitch as we would actually have someone from deep who can finally pass the ball without losing it.

I don’t think FDJ is the kind of player you think he is.

Chief123

2 Things....

Absolute car crash of a post mate. You don’t win premier league titles and champions leagues by having a “bang average” player at the fulcrum of your team. Shocking post.

KwendaHuko

SSN just saying that "any suggestions Frenkie De Jong 'doesn't want to come' are FALSE.

fecking rollercoaster.
Because theoretically, there are 3 sources to every transfer rumours.
The 2 clubs + the players side.

Generally, when you hear almost exact rumours from at least 2 sides then the transfer rumours starts to become credible.

Now on this saga,

All Barca affiliate rumours + United affiliate briefing is transfer has been agreed. Meaning it's true the transfer has been sanctioned.

Now players briefing; ( his agent) is briefing, that player doesn't want to move,
Then United briefing on players status says, the players wants to move.
Barca briefing on player status is we can't afford you, you need to move.

So it's the player who is adamant on something, he doesn't want to bulge.

What that is, we can not tell 100% but we can speculate with how deep the negotiation has gone + the mud the player has been taken through in the media, is that there is turning back.

A amicable solution has to be found.

sniff99

arnold: “so yeah lads, i went to barcelona with jimmy and we demanded to see laporte. the stupid, foren taxi driver didn’t understand us though and took us the docks instead. quick as a flash jimmy was all “we ain’t here to suck any sailers off. we’re here for de jong, not de dong.” we had a barry and paul (chuckle) cheersed are carlings and then got a uber to there training ground.

of course laporte was at a restaurant. we’d called at an awkward time, between brunch and lunch, so he was sitting down to his fourth meal of the day. me and jimmy burst in to the restaurant and told laporte that de jong was going back with us or we were going to have a scrap. laporte calmed us down by ordering two beers. was that estrella muck but the sun was out so we sank them. a few beers and a few shots later we’d managed to negotiate paying another 20m over three years to them, alongside a goodwill lever of 7m. told them to accept by friday or we’ll add another 5m. it’s only euros so not real money. stupid prick.

went to the beach afterwards and tried to smash a couple of local broads. frigid as feck over there. didn’t even react to jimmy helicoptering his willy after slashing into the sea from the rocks. got easyjet back this morning. heads fecked.”
Fecking brilliant :D

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Can we change the thread title? | Unrelated mosquito emoji posted by Barcelona's official twitter account

UnitedFire

I’ve never know a transfer saga where basically the exact same news is reported daily as if it’s completely new information.
Even the media have got bored with coming up with new versions of close, very close, imminent, pending, almost there, nearly there, closer than close, basically agreed, agreed except for some small details, desire from all parties to make it happen, willingness, strong interest, a hunger to make it happen, a tingle in the loims, a semi, almost fully loaded, ready to deliver, almost at medical stage, edging, holding firm, over stated, still a semi, edging closer again, boom explosion deal delivered, not really, we go again. HERE WE GO

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Entitled to your opinion, I find the hype for Carrick embarrassing TBH he could not have been more bang average if he tried.
Think he was a bit better than average, but also agree that he is hugely overhyped on Redcafe.

Terry Chango

Some of you still harping on about how he doesn't want to join us and that we should walk away. Absolutely no way is ETH asking our board to push for this signing without assurances from FDJ camp that if a deal is agreed and the issues regarding his deferred wages/bonus are sorted then FDJ is open to a move if Barca don't want him.

Doesn't mean it's 100 % going to happen but a few of you need to get a grip when you see a tweet saying FDJ want's to stay. He want's whats owed to him, that's fair enough IMO and i won't use it against him to say he's giving Di Maria vibes.

UnitedFire

How are you possibly judging FDJ based on goals and assists. Such a bizarre stat to look at for someone in his position.

You wouldn’t look at those stats for players like Rodri, Busquets, Jorginho, Kante etc so why FDJ.

He’s being brought in to help us transition from defence to attack and break the lines in a similar way to what Matic could do. He’s not going to necessarily get assists but he’ll provide the likes of Bruno who can stay higher up the pitch as we would actually have someone from deep who can finally pass the ball without losing it.

I don’t think FDJ is the kind of player you think he is.
Do you struggle to read beyond one paragraph?

Lights Out

That constsnt mosning needs to stop. Lets support EtH he is the real deal. Jose brought all his Portugal players to Chelsea….
Not sure what that actually means. However, my support for EtH is full and it wasn’t a criticism in any way.
I’ve just never seen such a potential influx in 40 years of watching United!

Tavern in the town

Think he was a bit better than average, but also agree that he is hugely overhyped on Redcafe.
Good players in great sides often become overrated, because people want to appear intelligent by talking about how underrated they are. Football analysis died the day people started saying things like “Jorginho is the system.”

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
At this stage I'm almost convinced that these journos got together and made a bet as to how long they could string United supporters on by claiming 'deal agreed' then 'de Jong not interested' over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.