Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

1. Maybe he accepts said treatment.
2. He might be using utd to not take a pay cut
3. The old manager might have been deceived by the player or his agent.

Huh? How does that even work? Barca have already accepted an offer from United as per… everyone. I can understand Barca using United to lower his salary (“we accepted an offer for you. If you don’t want the reduced contract, then take the offer and leave”).

But there’s 0 logic in the opposite, in Frenkie using United. There’s no leverage. Barca have evidently already signed his replacement for free (Kessie), have already spent the money they will make on him on Raphinha and are very clearly showing him the door by accepting the United offer…. unless he wants to accept a much reduced contract.

If anyone is using United, it‘a Barca. It can’t be Frenkie.

JustinC00

I see we have briefed the english media to keep up apperances with the "we still gotta convince him" so barca can't use anything to go "oh Frenkie wants to go? well just waive those deferred wages"

padzilla

Hipster
So apart from the player himself not wanting to join us if he can help it, this deal is in the bag?

Cypriot

You’re creating your own narrative. There is clearly a chance he joins United, for the reasons you have mentioned - and there is also a chance he doesn’t, for the reasons you haven’t. As simple as that.

Manchester United themselves have a number of players they would like to sell and not continue paying a wage to. That doesn’t mean they will go anywhere.
Completely different scenario, no? Barca are publicly calling for him to leave, and blaming him for the lack of funds to register new players which will bring in the new era.

He's being forced out. If he stays, they will blame him for everything. You're naïve if you think he still has a future there unless he takes a £200k wage cut.

pacifictheme

This update isn't much of an update.

We already knew a deal was in place if we could convince FdJ to join.
That's not the main issue really. No way we get this far without knowing he is willing. This all hinges on the deferred wages saga on barcas side. The very reason we are even able to sign him is exactly the reason it's taking so long.

AndySmith1990

Now we're essentially at a point where he does a Bale and spends the next few years playing golf, or he joins United. Barcelona will make it clear to him he needs to leave

BarstoolProphet

We didn't know that, only that we had made an agreement on base fee. Also Ornstein reporting it carries as much weight as manutd.com.

saivet

Only an outline agreement was reported a few days. Romano confirmed it's now all done between the clubs which The Athletic have now confirmed. You're right in that the biggest challenge hasn't be sorted yet though but it is significant progress, even if it was just a matter of time before that outline agreement became firm.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
The big news is Barcelona have told Frankie hes off, I don’t think they are even interested in negotiating his wages. Even at a cut they are likely very high I think hes going to be forced out.

Gavinb33

Last week it was agreed at €65 million euros could the extra €10 million be part of the wages we save face in paying what was originally agreed albeit in lesser variables and Barca get to pay their man his wages?

cyberman

Mark Goldbridge acting the ITK now as soon as I randomly turned on his channel.
Switching it off now

Status
Not open for further replies.