Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

Not being in the CL is bad enough, but some of our losses this season were super ugly. These guys watch football too.

4-1 to Watford
5-0 to Liverpool
4-0 to Liverpool
4-1 to City
4-0 to Brighton

I’m sure that in their group chats plenty of players must have hit guys that play for us with “WTF bro”. Being courted by/linked with Manchester United these days must be annoying if you’re at the top of your game/believe in your abilities. It’s like when you’re a kid and people ask if you’re going out with that not so attractive person and you reply “eww” by reflex.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We have sooooo much proof of current CL qualification being of little priority for players, the wage, manager, prospects/project weighs so much heavier; yet people constantly drag this one out.
One season out of the CL means next to nothing.
It's the same everytime.

Some journo posts positive news:
Caf- No way can that be true. We aren't good enough, he is only interested in the money, we are Satan worshippers so everyone will avoid us.

Some no name journo posts negative news:
Caf- I knew it all along. People were foolish to believe.

Last year's Ronaldo saga taught people nothing. We ended up resigned from him joining City until Ole's presser and 3 hours later we had officially signed him. Not a single journo had any clue and then after Ole's comments they all jumped on the bandwagon.

I understand grown men are scared of having their feelings hurt by believing in a transfer saga that may not come true. But if on guy breaks a news and others pile on after it, then those others likely have no clue and aren't worth listening to. This story of him not wanting to come here because of no CL is the easiest story to make. Never mind we signed names like Di Maria, Falcao, Pogba, Zlatan all without CL. But yeah ol' Frenkie's a law unto himself.

Dolf

Not being in the CL is bad enough, but some of our losses this season were super ugly. These guys watch football too.

4-1 to Watford
5-0 to Liverpool
4-0 to Liverpool
4-1 to City
4-0 to Brighton

I’m sure that in their group chats plenty of players must have hit guys that play for us with “WTF bro”. Being courted by/linked with Manchester United these days must be annoying if you’re at the top of your game/believe in your abilities. It’s like when you’re a kid and people ask if you’re going out with that not so attractive person and you reply “eww” by reflex.
This, 100%
As harsh as it sounds, why would a player in his prime want to join us? The only thing we can offer is a lot of money and an increase in social media followers.

Trex

This, 100%
As harsh as it sounds, why would a player in his prime want to join us? The only thing we can offer is a lot of money and an increase in social media followers.
Not so long ago some people believed Ten Hag himself is city bound, and would turn down united to wait a year to move there.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Despite what a lot of the plebs on here think, we're still a huge club. We can pay big wages, and he can work under the only manager that has consistently gotten the best out of him.

justboy68

I just hope that if he does come here he will be fully on board and putting everything in. Can't be starting off a rebuild with someone who doesn't want to be here.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We should give him assurance that he will be available for similar price we buy him for if we don’t qualify for champions league next season. One year isnt going to make that much of a difference. I think this CL thing is being overblown.

CraftySoAndSo

Howson did a good video about how Fabian Ruiz might be a very good and a bit cheaper alternative to FDJ. Napoli are a bit of a cnut to negotiate with though.
I like Ruiz but if De Jong is quoted at 60-80m euro then Napoli would be asking for more than that for Ruiz.

L1nk

I like Ruiz but if De Jong is quoted at 60-80m euro then Napoli would be asking for more than that for Ruiz.
Ruiz only has 1 year left on his contract though so Napoli cannot be too greedy if he refuses to sign another

CraftySoAndSo

Ruiz only has 1 year left on his contract though so Napoli cannot be too greedy if he refuses to sign another
My bad thought he had 2. But Napoli can be stingy negotiators and could still ask for what they feel is market value for him and accept the risk of losing him on a free if no one bids.

haru krentz

Theres no point of waiting if he really doesnt want to join us, let's no repeat the Fabregas' situation in 2013 where we waited and waited till the last hours and ended up with Fellaini. We should move on to another target quickly.

LordSpud

Agent Rio has posted a tweet out just asking the question. Gerard Romero has quote retweeted with the eyes emoji (Someone else will have to post the tweet).

Isnt it normally the case that when Rio starts chiming in then its probably legit? I remember he knew about Ronaldo early too..!

Dominos

Theres no point of waiting if he really doesnt want to join us, let's no repeat the Fabregas' situation in 2013 where we waited and waited till the last hours and ended up with Fellaini. We should move on to another target quickly.
Transfer window hasn't even opened yet and we've wasted too much time on De Jong?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We should give him assurance that he will be available for similar price we buy him for if we don’t qualify for champions league next season. One year isnt going to make that much of a difference. I think this CL thing is being overblown.
Club will never countenance that

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Napoli dont give a shit. They'll stick a ridiculous price tag on him, even if he has 1 day left on his contract.

the_cliff

Also claims we're working on a deal for Kalvin Phillips as well as De Jong.

BarstoolProphet

This, 100%

Ah, the old 'why would anyone want to join us' trope. How did Liverpool manage to sign good the likes of Torres, Suárez etc when they were shit? Like I've mentioned earlier, I can understand the negativity but it's seriously impressive how some manage to undersell the club.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Ah, the old 'why would anyone want to join us' trope. How did Liverpool manage to sign good the likes of Torres, Suárez etc when they were shit? Like I've mentioned earlier, I can understand the negativity but it's seriously impressive how some manage to undersell the club.
They weren't any big sought after players. Torres joined them when they were regularly competing for top4. Suarez was an unproven entity at Ajax.

Bondi77

VDB and Klaassen superb for Ajax but cannot blow out a candle in England and yet this guy can come and tear it up in a Utd shirt......groundhog day :houllier:

macheda14

Yeh and Arsenal took on Ozil, Sanchez and Auba. Historically big clubs, especially in the current premier league, have very big pulls.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Club will never countenance that
If you ask someone to be part of a project then assurance needs to be given that if it doesn’t work, they have a chance to move out. We need to be realistic about this.

Simple assurance of allowing player a choice in case we don’t qualify for next season as well should suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.