Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

phelans shorts

Honestly wouldn't even surprise me if we just want to drag this out a few extra weeks to save ourselves a million in wages. We seem to be confident that the player wants to join us and there seems to be no other competition for him.
He literally cannot sign until Thursday. Even if a deal were announced we wouldn’t start paying his wages until that day.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Aren’t sport very reliable for Barca? If true, then we’ll get a flurry of tweets today

Tavern in the town

Honestly wouldn't even surprise me if we just want to drag this out a few extra weeks to save ourselves a million in wages. We seem to be confident that the player wants to join us and there seems to be no other competition for him.
This thread gets more ridiculous by the day.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Sounds like we just caved in to get it done. Probably the right choice. Needs to be done and there needs to be some much needed positivity.

TheDosser56

Sounds like we just caved in to get it done. Probably the right choice. Needs to be done and there needs to be some much needed positivity.
Sometimes you just need to lube up and pull your pants down. Take it And move on. Everyone's happy

Manchester United will break the internet and get the important essential midfield player to build the future around, Barca sort out the financial problems selling a player they don't want or need. A win-win.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Lluis Miguel Sanz is reporting that a deal is now close between the two clubs after a break through in negotiations accelerated things in the last hours. €80m (£68m) fixed is what he's reporting.

I would wait for someone more credible to back that information up before getting carried away. But Lluis Miguel Sanz seems confident.

Last edited:

James35

Lluis Miguel Sanz is reporting that a deal is now close between the two clubs after things accelerated in the last hours. €80m (£68m) fixed is what he's reporting.

I would wait for someone more credible to back that information up before getting carried away. But Lluis Miguel Sanz seems confident.

Give it an hour at most before this is reported to be bollocks.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Let's hope this is true. I'm all for being firm on prices... But for the dream target, you just get it done asap no matter what.

croadyman

Correct decision probably because Antony off the table and able to offer more now, obviously still hoping we have a domino effect with deals but not confident

Redcy

And I understand all that (although even I think Utd are taking the piss trying to get FDJ for 65m euros). But where are the other signings? We could have moved for other players but it seems we're waiting to get FDJ done first - this I don't understand and we will miss out on players as a result.
My feeling is that the transfer strategy changes massively without fdj. That’s why we wait. If we go for say Ruiz, we would need to buy a. New cb, that might cost us 45m.

if we go for neves we need a cb and dm.

if we go fdj, we can probably go for rb, and backup striker of better quality

croadyman

My feeling is that the transfer strategy changes massively without fdj. That’s why we wait. If we go for say Ruiz, we would need to buy a. New cb, that might cost us 45m.

Talk of a RB seems non existent since the Dumfries stuff, in terms of backup striker that was Richarlison/DCL way back.

Flexdegea

Franckie whether he comes or not United wouldnt be winning the champions league. The owners are penny pinching and it looks bad for Erick.

Wee doomed if wee don't and doomed if we do.

We've been getting rinsed for years with transfers, now we are trying to change that but now we should just pay what every one wants, no wonder the squad was bloated and disjointed with players we can't even move on as it's too expensive to do it.

Basically people can't keep their emotions in check so the club should just cough up whatever asap :lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Agreed.

Not signing de Jong changes the strategy because de Jong is crucial in the deeper build up phase.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Wee doomed if wee don't and doomed if we do.

We've been getting rinsed for years with transfers, now we are trying to change that but now we should just pay what every one wants, no wonder the squad was bloated and disjointed with players we can't even move on as it's too expensive to do it.

Basically people can't keep their emotions in check so the club should just cough up whatever asap :lol:
Stop pissing about.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have the "we've paid too much" and "why haven't we signed anyone" auto responders on file depending on which way this goes.

Keefy18

Correct decision probably because Antony off the table and able to offer more now, obviously still hoping we have a domino effect with deals but not confident
Since when is Antony not happening?

Apparently he's told Ajax he wants to join United and requested to be fair in the price.

MUFC OK

At this rate I can see a FDJ, Antony/Martinez, Bachmann summer.

Not the best, no way near enough.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
At this rate I can see a FDJ, Antony/Martinez, Bachmann summer.

Not the best, no way near enough.
Might get Eriksen too. I reckon we will get Frenkie and 2 other first teamers minimum. Eriksen would be a bonus

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Nice. This will be done soon. We have been making slow methodical headway. As a fan It’s frustrating but from a business perspective it makes more sense to hold out for the best deal you can even if it takes a few extra weeks. Once you know the player wants to come you have a lot of leverage.

NLunited

It says they have agreed on a price, 80 million €, and waiting for the player‘s approval.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Nice. This will be done soon. We have been making slow methodical headway. As a fan It’s frustrating but from a business perspective it makes more sense to hold out for the best deal you can even if it takes a few extra weeks. Once you know the player wants to come you have a lot of leverage.
What do you make of DeJong?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Seems good, would be wonderful if we get this over the line before this thread hits 400 pages.

city-puma

This is a very expensive acquisition in the current economic atmosphere. Hope De Jong can contribute significantly for years.

Teja

It's actually done. A real playmaking midfielder. Our first really since Carrick.

He will be sensational for us.

NLunited

This is a very expensive acquisition in the current economic atmosphere. Hope De Jong can contribute significantly for years.
Nah, Darwin Nunez cost Pool 100 mill €. I think he is a gamble, while FdJ is proven quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.