Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yep

So if that's the case and he's committed to Barca and just wants to stay, then surely another pay cut shouldn't be an issue for him. If he loves Barca as much as he says he does, then people like Romano are totally wrong saying a pay cut is absolutely off the cards.

Even im getting sick of this rubbish now, he wants to stay, he's open to joining, he wants to stay, open to joining, just wants to stay... but doesn't want to give up more wages.

I'll say it because I'm bored now. Let's just give him a deadline and say take it or leave it. If he leaves it, then so be it. Barca will make him public enemy number 1 and I imagine life will be hard for him until he's gone

Theo88

So if that's the case and he's committed to Barca and just wants to stay, then surely another pay cut shouldn't be an issue for him. If he loves Barca as much as he says he does, then people like Romano are totally wrong saying a pay cut is absolutely off the cards.

Even im getting sick of this rubbish now, he wants to stay, he's open to joining, he wants to stay, open to joining, just wants to stay... but doesn't want to give up more wages.

I'll say it because I'm bored now. Let's just give him a deadline and say take it or leave it. If he leaves it, then so be it. Barca will make him public enemy number 1 and I imagine life will be hard for him until he's gone
Do you realise most of these updates are just cooked up stories ? Unless the player actually talks to all these muppets, and i doubt he does, most of them just make up attention seeking shite to draw reactions and clicks.

Rockets Redglare

This is beyond embarrassing, no player is bigger than this club. How could fans get behind this signing?
When has he ever claimed to be bigger than the club?
No one actually knows De Jong’s feelings on the transfer, it’s all just ITK dickheads piping up every five minutes with a different story.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I don't thing he was bang average but I do think that people overrate Carrick massively. Probably in light of the utter mess that has been our midfield over the past few years. He was a good players but few people raved about him when he was actually playing for us. Get better with the telling.

He was a good midfielder not a great one. We have just had to suffer through rubbish for far too long.
The thing about Carrick was he was effortless. I think he went under the radar how good he was because he wasn’t showy or flash, he just got on with it and quietly ran the show.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Where and when?

Things to consider:

1) How he's been treated by Barcelona this summer
2) Surely he could just take a pay cut to stay at his dream club
3) Why would his old manager still instruct the club to go after him if he doesn't want to come?
They are things to consider. But so are the other things you have taken off of your list. People are entitled to be cautious, and there is enough to consider to support that too.

Cypriot

They are things to consider. But so are the other things you have taken off of your list. People are entitled to be cautious, and there is enough to consider to support that too.
I haven't taken anything off my list. But for curiosity - like what?

No one has ever denied that his ideal situation would probably be to stay at Barcelona on £350k a week.

The reality is that he is being pushed out - so how is he acting bigger than our club? The guy just wants what he thinks he deserves - no harm in that.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Where and when?

Things to consider:

1) How he's been treated by Barcelona this summer
2) Surely he could just take a pay cut to stay at his dream club
3) Why would his old manager still instruct the club to go after him if he doesn't want to come?
1. Maybe he accepts said treatment.
2. He might be using utd to not take a pay cut
3. The old manager might have been deceived by the player or his agent.

Chief123

I remember reading that Barca need him to take more than a 50% pay cut to make it viable for him to stay at Barca. But the problem being in La Liga, you aren’t allowed to cut more than 50%. Hence Barca want rid. Could be absolute bullshit but right now no one got a fecking clue.

florisW

Supports
Ajax
Do you have him saying that on tape? He never said that. It isn't being reported in the UK nor Holland. It's all Spanish bs.
What is his leverage to get his still owed pay, if he declares his love to Man Utd and says he wants to leave?
Would you walk away from 17 million euro's?

Flexdegea

What's embarrassing is people believing every article they read online - especially when it's from Barcelona's mouthpieces.

It's pathetic to be honest :lol:

True, there is a lot of info out there, but ones just have their head buried in the sand and refuse to believe everything that has hinted that is pointing at a deal being very close, but will literally post up some random account where they just make up a narrative that nothing has happened or changed and it dead in the water

Terry Chango

Suspect a lot of players like Carrick and Fletcher that were less heralded by fans during their time at the club would be much better appreciated if modern analytical metrics were available.

Suspect Carrick would have been a standout in progressive passing, buildup metrics, interceptions and tackling. Was never a huge moments player but kept the engine ticking over and kept the ball circulating.
100%. Quietly goes about his business keeping the engine ticking and ball circulating as you say which to the untrained eye doesn't seem much, but in reality it's vital and why SAF chose him week in week out.

Funny thing is we haven't had someone who can do that for years and yet some on here think he was bang average. If so, give me a bang average MC over anything we currently have playing CM for us these days.

onemanarmy

Yes he did in an interview on Holland duty, when asked about joining Man Utd.
In which he didn't say he didn't want to join Utd. It's been the same story reported over and over again. He wants the remainder of his wages they owe him to be paid. Then move one. That's it basically.

red_de_pologne

In which he didn't say he didn't want to join Utd. It's been the same story reported over and over again. He wants the remainder of his wages they owe him to be paid. Then move one. That's is basically.
I said he did say he wants to stay at Barca, you said he never did say that. I was just answering.

About the bolded part - you're making things up.

Cypriot

1. Maybe he accepts said treatment.
2. He might be using utd to not take a pay cut
3. The old manager might have been deceived by the player or his agent.

1. Sure, who doesn't like being hung out to dry, name being tarnished, and also being blamed for the club not being able to register their new signings - fans will love that!
2. But Barca want him to leave... He has no bargaining power here :lol:
3. Would not fly well, considering his agent has players who play for us - so that's not going to be it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
2 Things....

1st adding to what you are saying, these stats were achieved playing for a dominant Ajax in a relatively weak league (strength in depth) and Barcelona a dominant team in a relatively weak league (strength in depth).....

2nd thing Carrick should not be used as an example of a midfielder to aspire to.... he was bang average and way over hyped on here, the guy was on his way out of the club his performances were so poor until we had a defensive crisis and he had to step in as a CB, admittedly after that reprieve his performances stabilised but still he was, meh at best, he was just slightly better than other bang average midefielders we had at the time, he was fortunate to play in front of a great defence otherwise he would have been exposed more, the worst sideways and backpass merchant I have ever seen play for us, and gave numerous goals away passing to attackers outside our own box,
I was going to call this an atrocious opinion but it’s not really even an opinion considering some of it is just outright incorrect and bollocks. It’s so interesting how some people have these bizarre warped views of things. It’s like they’ve lived in entirely different worlds.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I haven't taken anything off my list. But for curiosity - like what?

No one has ever denied that his ideal situation would probably be to stay at Barcelona on £350k a week.

The reality is that he is being pushed out - so how is he acting bigger than our club? The guy just wants what he thinks he deserves - no harm in that.
Right, so that is perhaps an important thing to also consider, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.