Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverRed1

Like i said on page 4 or 5 he's really not worth all the fecking around.

We should've moved on from this nonsense weeks ago. It's just an embarrassment at this point begging a player to join us that's never once said he wants to come here.
this is the guy that ETH wants more than anyone, who he wants to build squad around. Also one of the best in the world in his position.

of course he is worth it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would be, if you didn't ignore the last 4 words of that sentence. There's no chance of him staying on £350k a week.
There is every chance, as he has a contract that permits him to, and he himself wants to. Those are two very important factors in the equation.

Widow

Barça has already told De Jong that the best thing is for him to leave. The club needs to generate 'fair play' to be able to sign up other players and the Dutchman's salary is considered very high. United squeezes, with an offer of 70M fixed plus variables. Now it's up to Frenkie.

Bestietom

The mansion will still be in Barcelona after he moves to Manchester. After 10 years they can move back and they can spend the rest of their lives in their mansion sitting on United's money.

The last few days I wasn't that opportunistic of him joining United. However, after reading valid points in this thread and I realized the possibility is still there and this transfer will take a while due to the deferred wages.
I agree about the defered wages bit, but he also has to convince his girlfriend to pack up and travel to Manchester with him, which won't be easy. However I am still hoping.

mav_9me

Us and Barcelona reaching an agreement isn't the main stumbling block...
I think it's his deferred wages. I think Barcelona are trying to weasel out of their agreement to pay wages from last year deferred to future years.

Cypriot

There is every chance, as he has a contract that permits him to, and he himself wants to. Those are two very important factors in the equation.
You know that's not the way it works. This is a very unique situation - he'll be enemy number one in Barcelona if he stays and prevents the club from building their new team.

Don't be stubborn just for the sake of being stubborn.

cabbs1989

@keefy17 is gonna be absolutely fuming if this goes through, even if it’s goes sure he will find a way to put a negative spin on it!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You know that's not the way it works. This is a very unique situation - he'll be enemy number one in Barcelona if he stays and prevents the club from building their new team.

Don't be stubborn just for the sake of being stubborn.
You’re creating your own narrative. There is clearly a chance he joins United, for the reasons you have mentioned - and there is also a chance he doesn’t, for the reasons you haven’t. As simple as that.

Manchester United themselves have a number of players they would like to sell and not continue paying a wage to. That doesn’t mean they will go anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.