Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The club have said they're in it for the long haul.

We don't need to panic, we can wait until the end of the window.

If we sign him great, if we don't we move on. It's not like we haven't tried as much as possible.

Maybe FDJ has been taking ETH for a ride, if that's the case he then we won't be going back for him when the club is on the up again.

It is what it is, lets put our faith in Savage/Iqballer.

zenith

ETH inflexibility in selecting transfer targets and myopia when it comes to familiarity does not bode well. We could have had at least a 2nd or 3rd option, cause we are doomed without a CDM

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Maybe with him? Maybe they're taking him on the tour but not intending to play him much/at all, such to show him he's not in their plans and he could stay for the money but would warm the bench. I think leaving him off the tour would communicate that more strongly mind.

Alternatively they're sending a message to United that they're happy to keep him, i.e. don't think you can wait until the last hour of the transfer window to fax through the paperwork with €5m less than previously agreed.
This is between Barca and De Jong. If salary is the issue as the club seems to think, then the onus is on Barca to sort this shit out. They are the ones that need tomhe money to register players.
I don't think this endless wait for a game of chicken between FDJ and Barca is a good idea. FDJ has nothing to lose, so he definitely will not blink. Barca have to oay him or he stays. It's simple. We have to put a deadline to this operation.

Castia

We should impose transfer deadline day on ourselves rather than waiting until the end of the window. It’s all over.

Well it will get to the point (after the season starts) where clubs wont want to sell their players

Wolves will want about 80m for Neves towards the end of the window because they will struggle to replace him. it's all well and good the window being open but decent players aren't moving on deadline day without a hugh mark-up in price.

GreatDane

It's Xavis decision to take him on tour, and if there's even the slightest chance De Jong is staying then naturally the manager includes him in the preparations.
Barcelona still wants him gone, that is certain.

Rainy nights in Stoke

Yep, that is a decent analysis which is very likely to be the truth. I hope FdJ makes Barca sweat and cough up whatever they owe him. I have no doubt he will be a Man Utd player before September this year.
Yeah, he’s nailed this one. Only conclusion that accounts for all the evidence we’ve seen so far.

croadyman

This is between Barca and De Jong. If salary is the issue as the club seems to think, then the onus is on Barca to sort this shit out. They are the ones that need tomhe money to register players.
I don't think this endless wait for a game of chicken between FDJ and Barca is a good idea. FDJ has nothing to lose, so he definitely will not blink. Barca have to oay him or he stays. It's simple. We have to put a deadline to this operation.
Thought yesterday was that deadline

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
If barcelona won’t sell him there’s a big chance they won’t be a club anymore especially after signing silva. They need to get rid

Becks00

Just go sign Matheus Nunes please and leave this guy alone. I commend those who still hope he is coming, don't think i can take it no more.

Xaviboy

I'm wondering is Martinez signing a De Jong alternative.

I know he is LCB but what if Ten Hag has seen something and will use him as DM. Funny how 2 lads go to Barcelona to speak to Barcelona and then next day go and speak to Ajax about agreeing a fee and how quickly it was done.

Maybe 2 lads moved on to get Martinez deal as told the De Jong deal is to complicated to complete.

Erikesen in now. You have Martinez and Fred as DM role.

Erikesen, McTominey and Bruno and DVB as others.

the_cliff

Yeah was just thinking that, may as well put this thread on ignore until they return because no chance he leaves their tour
All reliable outlets have said we've agreed a fee with Barcelona. The problem is just De Jongs deferred wages. Then why is he on tour ? shouldn't they be sorting it out ? shit makes no sense.

People are saying we've taken Bailly and Telles on tour as a reason. We haven't agreed a fee for either of them and they haven't agreed a fee for Depay either.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
ETH inflexibility in selecting transfer targets and myopia when it comes to familiarity does not bode well. We could have had at least a 2nd or 3rd option, cause we are doomed without a CDM
It's his first summer after just arriving, the scouting department has been decimated. Any manager with a unique style would go for players he knows are comfortable with his system in the immediate term. The club have been wise to yield to him.
After all, they are all good players.

croadyman

I'm wondering is Martinez signing a De Jong alternative.

I know he is LCB but what if Ten Hag has seen something and will use him as DM. Funny how 2 lads go to Barcelona to speak to Barcelona and then next day go and speak to Ajax about agreeing a fee and how quickly it was done.

Maybe 2 lads moved on to get Martinez deal as told the De Jong deal is to complicated to complete.

Erikesen in now. You have Martinez and Fred as DM role.

Erikesen, McTominey and Bruno and DVB as others.
Yeah this idea isn't as far fetched as you think

Rolaholic

Ducker wouldn't have made that brief the day before stating were willing to take this into the start of the season if we were about to walk away regardless so that's a moot suggestion for now.

Also still cannot picture a world where the manager would still push so hard and exhaust all options and energg for a transfer if he felt even slightly that the player would refuse and would have no chance of happening. I don't think Ten Hag comes off as the type to be led on a wild goose chase and taken for a ride at all especially regarding a player he knows very well.

Castia

It's Xavis decision to take him on tour, and if there's even the slightest chance De Jong is staying then naturally the manager includes him in the preparations.
Barcelona still wants him gone, that is certain.

But apparently this is all about money and what he is owed by Barce, if he goes on tour that is another 3 weeks salary it just doesn't make sense.

'lets pay you more money whilst we sort out what we owe you'

I've never seen a player go on tour after having a transfer accepted.

Becks00

I will keep saying this, if De Jong wants this transfer, the deferred wages thing will be sorted very quickly even United would probably have pitched in already. He is the one holding up the deal.

TheHeya

Don’t forget Xavi kept Dembele in the squad and played him despite the board running a smear campaign on him.

m1tch

Very true, where it may get interesting is in regard to team selection. If Xavi decides it's in his team's interests to sell him (so to have the new players available to select) then De Jong might barely play. Barca's only position of strength in negotiating a settlement with him is in regard to how much he plays. De Jong could hold his nerve over that but ultimately he might accept less than he's owed if he starts to worry about not playing between now and the world cup / January / end of the season.

Keefy18

They want the de Jong money to put into transfers. They probably can't afford the 17m straight up hence the problems. Or alternatively they don't want to pay it straight up! They're probably looking for anything in the contract that might get them out of this without paying a penny is back wages or loyalty bonuses, which is why he's saying he wants to stay, that's probably their big get out of it all card.
Oh I get all that, its a damning indictment of their financial woes that they are stuck in a situation where the can't pay 17m out that is legally binding.

GreatDane

But apparently this is all about money and what he is owed by Barce, if he goes on tour that is another 3 weeks salary it just doesn't make sense.

'lets pay you more money whilst we sort out what we owe you'

I've never seen a player go on tour after having a transfer accepted.
Damned if I know, maybe they want him to work for his salary while they figure it out - who knows whats going on behind the scenes.
It's pretty clear they want him gone.

LordSpud

Yeah this transfer aint happening. Barca will somehow find a way to keep de Jong I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.