Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

Apparently, the wages aren't actually owed legally or contractually but more morally. They didn't just payed FDJ less money than it was initially agreed, they altered the contract (or made a new one) that lowered FDJs wages for a certain time while increases it for the time later.
So if it increases in the later years which is what has been reported, this would be contractually wouldn't it? I think the sticking point is that if he leaves, he's breaking that contract and they are not obligated to pay his deferred wages which is morally back handed but I think Barca knew exactly what they were doing when they negotiated the deferred wages.

Fanta Stick

As I understand it they cannot simply change it for one person, if it’s salary for example it must be done consistently for the whole group with everyone in agreement
My simplistic understanding is the justification for the salary reduction must fall within at least one of following reasons: Competition, productivity, or technical or labour organization.

Barcelona's reason is purely financial so that doesn't give them justification. Especially when they have gone on another shopping spree while talking about salary reductions.

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
I see Coutinho has permanently moved now though, Griezmann I assume Atletico are picking up the wages?
Yeah that is what has been reported.

Typical Barca though, they managed to get rid of Coutinho's and Griezmann's salaries of their huge wage bill...only to try to do same again.

spaceboyRSA

Oh, the wistful fluttering of innocence no more. Two women and cup have soiled my day. But, lo, I shall forget. Even if it's the last thing I do.

Yeah, she summed it all up
I also thought I would forget when I first saw it ten years ago, but here we are. Alas what is seen can never be unseen.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I despise the transfer window. I can’t helped be sucked in.

We are really thin in quality so doesn’t help.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
My simplistic understanding is the justification for the salary reduction must fall within at least one of following reasons: Competition, productivity, or technical or labour organization.

Barcelona's reason is purely financial so that doesn't give them justification. Especially when they have gone on another shopping spree while talking about salary reductions.
Good point

Blood Mage

The natural end to this saga will be that he joins, is underwhelming and gets benched by McTominay. :lol:

Chairman Steve

Call me crazy but I think he probably has been content with joining United for longer than the Barcelona mouthpiece say :rolleyes:

And how convenient this is now happening after Barcelona spent a ton on players!

Status
Not open for further replies.