Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Miller

I suspect he will come. Mister Seitan(barca's Mark Goldbridge) is already inciting the Camp Nou to boo him in case he decides to stay there.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

Romano: "Agreement still with Barca, Frenkie hasn't changed his position"
Romano: "Benjamin Sesko, really important week for his decision, Salzburg want to sell him last summer other clubs are keeping tabs on him. I have a feeling that this week there'll be many headlines with his name because things are moving fast"

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
At least we still win summer saga every season. What with this never ending farce and the Ronaldo story, we’re still top of the class at this sort of stuff.
Well, all journos know that United news sells simply because we are still the biggest club in the UK and top 3-4 in the world.
And all those doomers/moaners who claim we are a shadow of ourselves, need to wobble their heads or look at themselves in the mirror.

GinobiliTheGOAT

People can argue about the relative merits of London, Manchester, Madrid and Barcelona but the fact is if you are a top tier player the main reason you'd prefer an English club would be wanting to play in the Premier League.

It's a better league, a bigger challenge, and something an achievement-driven player would crave. Ronaldo will always have that on Messi.

Other than that, it's La Liga hands down. CL guaranteed every year, plenty of dead rubbers, can regularly get rested or play less before/after CL games, winter break, nicer weather throughout...

The only other factor is language. EPL works well for Scandinavians and Netherlands but most of the rest of Europe and Latin America would rather live in a Spanish speaking country. It's a no brainer, other things equal.
So why haven’t Lewandowski, Mbappe, neymar, neuer, gone to the EPL? I think it is the best league in the world but it’s rubbish to have it be a slight against a player for not playing in that league. La liga has more CL’s over the last 15 years than any other league so really if you want to win CL the top trophy you come to la liga but if domestic titles are your thing you sign up with man city.

I agree with a lot of what you said, epl is the most prestigious league in the world but it’s rubbish to slight a player for not playing in England. Many many of the great players never played there and their legacy was just fine. Plus the EPL has become a two horse race much like the other leagues and has been for quite a few years now.

Charles Miller

Why? Looks like they can register all of their players anyhow so
Hardcore Laporta supporters apparently think FDJ should accept the "new wage structure" to prove he really wants to be there. Its possible that some barca fan wil come with a barrage of euphemisms, but this is the reality.

tenpoless

Romano: "Agreement still with Barca, Frenkie hasn't changed his position"
Romano: "Benjamin Sesko, really important week for his decision, Salzburg want to sell him last summer other clubs are keeping tabs on him. I have a feeling that this week there'll be many headlines with his name because things are moving fast"
Imagine taking a selfie of yourself pretending to have a call and then croppping it to make a thumbnail.

Widow

Imagine taking a selfie of yourself pretending to have a call and then croppping it to make a thumbnail.
Imagine thinking he does it himself but whatever, like him or not, he's made a good career doing what he does.

I honestly can't see why people get so triggered by him!

The Red Thinker

Imagine being a professional YouTuber, apart from being a legit journalist, where this practice is common place to help increase views by making good thumbnails - statistically proven in work very well.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Thats the look for all these Youtube journos now. You look like you are a workaholic; look more credible than someone with a beer in his hand and having a swig. And in some countries having a mobile phone means you are successful.

I like it.

I am debating on using this same pose for my Linkedin profile now. Maybe for Tinder too.

Get a job and get laid.... what else do you want in life?

But if I can suggest something to Romano, he needs to add a notebook to his profile. I can cant trust a fella who doesn't have a notebook for work. You just don't look a serious person without the notebook.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
So why haven’t Lewandowski, Mbappe, neymar, neuer, gone to the EPL? I think it is the best league in the world but it’s rubbish to have it be a slight against a player for not playing in that league. La liga has more CL’s over the last 15 years than any other league so really if you want to win CL the top trophy you come to la liga but if domestic titles are your thing you sign up with man city.

I agree with a lot of what you said, epl is the most prestigious league in the world but it’s rubbish to slight a player for not playing in England. Many many of the great players never played there and their legacy was just fine. Plus the EPL has become a two horse race much like the other leagues and has been for quite a few years now.
I didn't mean it as a slight on those not coming to the EPL. Very much the opposite, as the example is by all accounts an ubercompetitive outlier.

In fact, as I pointed out, if the CL is your thing being at Barca, Real, PSG or Bayern will guarantee you play their every year and that you can rest domestically here and there to help you win it.

Comparatively, the EPL is brutal and a domestic and continental double is extremely rare, while it also has delivered a few CL winners that end up 3rd-5th in the league, a testament to how competitive it is.

La Liga offers the best overall "work-life balance" for a pro, in my opinion.

tenpoless

My mate who's friends with one of Old Trafford's ball boys told me in Crypto Investment Whatsapp Group that Frenkie is very disatisfied with Barcelona. His name is Mike Kant.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
This saga is so fake. People making up random stories so that we can reach 2000 pages.

NewYorkRed

Imagine thinking he does it himself but whatever, like him or not, he's made a good career doing what he does.

I honestly can't see why people get so triggered by him!
Jealousy. Simple. People can’t get over the fact that he makes money doing what he does while they sit at their 9-5 hating their lives. The man found something he was good at and makes a killing doing it, good for him !

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
People can argue about the relative merits of London, Manchester, Madrid and Barcelona but the fact is if you are a top tier player the main reason you'd prefer an English club would be wanting to play in the Premier League.

It's a better league, a bigger challenge, and something an achievement-driven player would crave. Ronaldo will always have that on Messi.

Other than that, it's La Liga hands down. CL guaranteed every year, plenty of dead rubbers, can regularly get rested or play less before/after CL games, winter break, nicer weather throughout...

The only other factor is language. EPL works well for Scandinavians and Netherlands but most of the rest of Europe and Latin America would rather live in a Spanish speaking country. It's a no brainer, other things equal.
i agree with the general idea, but i would make a few changes...

laliga was the better league for the most part of the messi-ronaldo rivalry. so ronaldo does not have that on messi.
laliga was a machine of winning titles in CL and EL. barca and real would have walked the league in england in that period.

and "challenge"... depends. if you are a top player, is it really a bigger challenge to win the EPL playing for city than laliga playing for barcelona? is city a bigger challenge for haaland of barça for lewa? is a bigger challenge winning against liverpool or against madrid? i dont think playing brighton instead of celta makes one league a "bigger challenge" because neither of them has any option, they are not the true rivals.

EPL is more competitive nowadays, average level is clearly higher, but from a "challenge" point of view...

and about language... not clear to me if a french/italian would prefer spain. their language is more similar but english is the de facto world language and many of them will have at least some knowledge, so it is minimum a tie and i would say that they prefer england. for example, im spanish and i live in the usa because of the language (only spanish/english spoken countries). i had offers from france but i wasnt interested because of the language.

RkkMan

Must be a lot of rich folks running around. Everyone seems to dismiss the £17million quid like its not worth the bother.
You'd think once that wage issue gets sorted then maybe Chelsea throw their hat in the ring
I however think we beat them off to him assuming their interest goes beyond "monitoring" anyway because of the work we've put in and finances involved.
Don't think Chelsea pay the wages we'd be willing to cough up or €85m on top of money spent on Koulibaly, Sterling, new GK they recently signed for £12.5m, soon Cucurella plus another CB AND a ST(lost Lukaku and Werner so they'll bring someone there)

Last edited:

afatzp

I really don't believe Chelsea would like to be in the race for FDJ , simply because the relationship between two clubs must be broken by now. Barca stolen two targets under Chelsea's skin and trying to lure AZP and possibly Alonso with dirty tricks. No club would appreciate such moves and willing to step in the bidding war , the outcome of which would only benefit Barca further.

Another consideration is that, if FDJ not willing to join us or prefer CL football , we should have been well informed by his agent , and the only reasonable move next would be pulling out or at least start exploring plan B / C / D . The fact that there has been no news whatsoever of alternative targets in sight indicates that we are exhibiting patience to allow FDJ's agent resolve the mess with Barca before he can sign off and join us.

In short, I think we will nail FDJ at the last minute of this window. Not ideal, but we will see it through.

RkkMan

I really don't believe Chelsea would like to be in the race for FDJ , simply because the relationship between two clubs must be broken by now. Barca stolen two targets under Chelsea's skin and trying to lure AZP and possibly Alonso with dirty tricks. No club would appreciate such moves and willing to step in the bidding war , the outcome of which would only benefit Barca further.

Another consideration is that, if FDJ not willing to join us or prefer CL football , we should have been well informed by his agent , and the only reasonable move next would be pulling out or at least start exploring plan B / C / D . The fact that there has been no news whatsoever of alternative targets in sight indicates that we are exhibiting patience to allow FDJ's agent resolve the mess with Barca before he can sign off and join us.

In short, I think we will nail FDJ at the last minute of this window. Not ideal, but we will see it through.
Another thing is I don't think their finances will stretch that long.
Cucurella takes their spending to over £140m and they're actively trying to buy Fofana/another CB which will take their spending to over £200m and they'll buy a ST which will cost between £40-50m at least. I don't think they add FDJ for £72m on top of that would take their spending beyond £300m they have money but not that much
I still firmly believe they're just "monitoring" but will hold off on midfield to get Rice next year

Castia

He agreed to refer his wages to help the club out, all the while they’ve been signing players even going back to last January’s they bought Torres for 40m+

And now they’re bringing in a couple of hundred million through these levers and still don’t want to pay him what he’s owed to leave the club.

Barce are in massive trouble. Struggling to register players, around 1 billion in debt and are now selling off future incomes to sign 34 year old strikers. Worrying times for them.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
You'd think once that wage issue gets sorted then maybe Chelsea throw their hat in the ring
I however think we beat them off to him assuming their interest goes beyond "monitoring" anyway because of the work we've put in and finances involved.
Don't think Chelsea pay the wages we'd be willing to cough up or €85m on top of money spent on Koulibaly, Sterling, new GK they recently signed for £12.5m, soon Cucurella plus another CB AND a ST(lost Lukaku and Werner so they'll bring someone there)
sounds hot

Status
Not open for further replies.