Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Obviously we want reliable updates from tier 1, but when someone who’s quite established in the game says something like that, it’s worrying.

He’s got nothing to gain for bullshitting about it as he doesn’t really have a dog in the fight.

Im taking what Redknapp says more seriously than all the tweets we’ve been seeing.
Well if thats true, and United know that and are still staying and putting out briefs that they're still confident, then they can expect and deserve all the backlash they get when he goes to Chelsea.

It makes no sense for us to be sticking around if they know for a fact he wants to go to Chelsea. If he truly does, then you can expect us to be out of the race pretty soon then.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If that really is true, it's pretty worrying.
1) That someone "at the very top" is telling random media gobsh!tes such key info and
2) That we know this and aren't doing jack sh!t else.

Or
3) We know this and know Chelsea aren't going to bid, so we're still stubbornly sticking in there.

All of these points aren't great.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I was just guessing it was Fergie due to his good relationship with Harry.

But whoever it is, I’m not doubting Harry has spoken to someone high up in the hierarchy.
Pretty sure Fergie is aware that 'Arry is on Talk sports and various media outlets a lot. Has Fergie lost it then?

Chief123

If someone from the very top of Utd is telling things to people who go out and blab it to the media, then that guy needs to be sacked first and foremost.
To be honest people in a club aren’t as secretive as you would think. I’ve met one of the non-executive directors at Utd in a business meeting a few times. He was openly critical of Jose while he was still manager and also shared information which you just wouldn’t expect to hear from someone on the inside.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well if thats true, and United know that and are still staying and putting out briefs that they're still confident, then they can expect and deserve all the backlash they get when he goes to Chelsea.

It makes no sense for us to be sticking around if they know for a fact he wants to go to Chelsea. If he truly does, then you can expect us to be out of the race pretty soon then.
It sounds peak Woodward era that does.
If it pans out in a bad way now, it shows we've not learnt a thing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It feels like olds times us doing all the leg work and then Chelsea stealing in at the last min.
McFred every game it is then :drool:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It sounds peak Woodward era that does.
If it pans out in a bad way now, it shows we've not learnt a thing.
Absolutely.

If United know for a fact that he wants to go to Chelsea, then whats the point in sticking around and briefing we're confident? It makes absolutely no sense at all.
This whole transfer is an absolute mess. It needs to be done one way or another sharpish

Chief123

Pretty sure Fergie is aware that 'Arry is on Talk sports and various media outlets a lot. Has Fergie lost it then?
I’ve no idea who it is mate but if our chief executive is being recorded chatting about stuff going on in the club with some lads down the pub, I don’t think anything is watertight when it comes to info being leaked.

What I would say is, IF it is true that he does want to go to Chelsea then a lot of things add up to supplement that side of the story. The fact that Barca were offering him to Chelsea when they already had an agreed deal on the table with Utd suggests Barca may have been aware already that FDJ would leave if Chelsea came in for him. I’m just guessing. But yeah not comfortable with what he’s saying at all.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I’ve no idea who it is mate but if our chief executive is being recorded chatting about stuff going on in the club with some lads down the pub, I don’t think anything is watertight when it comes to info being leaked.

What I would say is, IF it is true that he does want to go to Chelsea then a lot of things add up to supplement that side of the story. The fact that Barca were offering him to Chelsea when they already had an agreed deal on the table with Utd suggests Barca may have been aware already that FDJ would leave if Chelsea came in for him. I’m just guessing. But yeah not comfortable with what he’s saying at all.
It makes no difference to them. They still have to sort his wages out either way.

If Chelsea say they'll pay it, then you can imagine we'll do the same. If we do that, knowing we stand no chance of signing him, then we truly have learnt absolutely nothing from the past few years and we'll be rinsed on signing someone else.
If he did want to go to Chelsea, surely Chelsea would be very aware of that and they'd have had their bid in by now, not just considering it?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Stumbled across this tweet. This ain’t good news! Apparently Harry Redknapp has been told from someone at the very top at Utd that de Jong wants to go to Chelsea. :( I’m wondering if it’s Fergie who’s told him this.

And we are still throwing out briefs that we are confident as of yesterday. Wtf is going on?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Absolutely.

If United know for a fact that he wants to go to Chelsea, then whats the point in sticking around and briefing we're confident? It makes absolutely no sense at all.
This whole transfer is an absolute mess. It needs to be done one way or another sharpish
We all get that the key to recruitment is to get the proper top player in, rather than get someone who is slightly better than what you have then have to upgrade them soon after.
But to spend all summer convincing ourselves it's just Barce and the player having a stand off, and then he goes elsewhere would be too much to deal with.

In a summer we let Pogba, Lingard, Mata and Matic go, and basically just signed Eriksen. So we're 3 down in those areas. And hoping the likes of Savage and Iqbal can fill in when McTom can't play 50 games.

Chief123

It’s safe to say chelsea fans are getting very excited on Twitter after Harry’s comments. :(

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And we are still throwing out briefs that we are confident as of yesterday. Wtf is going on?
A few weeks ago I laughed at people saying this was our worst ever saga.
That sounded silly when we had the Fabregeas nonsense, the Herrera mystery suit gang and delayed a window, the year of Sancho and the long Wan Bissaka and Magure pursuits to only pay the exact original fee.

But I think this could actually get quite high up the list now as silliest one yet.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It’s safe to say chelsea fans are getting very excited on Twitter after Harry’s comments. :(
They should remember that him wanting to go somewhere isn't the actual issue here, it's the Barce/wage thing.
So it still wouldn't be a swift conclude.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yup which makes this all the more confusing.

I just can't understand the logic of telling someone something like that knowing they'll likely go and tell everyone or put it out over the radio. IF it's true, and it's out there, you can either expect United to brief that we're confident AGAIN or just brief that we're walking away due to issues with Barca and de Jongs wage issue

Mmm-Qatarian

Why is everybody so convinced that 'Arry isn't at the very least exaggerating? People keep saying "He has nothing to gain from it" but he has nothing to lose either.

This interview seems to have gone fairly well under the radar and even if people do say "Well you got that one wrong, didn't you", so what? He's not a journalist, and he's not somebody who reports on transfer news either. He's an ex-manager and now a pundit that the football channels get on to give his two cents. His reputation will not be effected by this one way or the other.

Don't get me wrong, I won't be stunned if De Jong chooses to go to Chelsea but I wouldn't be stunned if 'Arry is either exaggerating or flat out bullshitting with this claim either.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
For De Jong to make an imminent decision only when Chelsea have come in whilst we have been waiting months says this is over.

Chief123

They should remember that him wanting to go somewhere isn't the actual issue here, it's the Barce/wage thing.
So it still wouldn't be a swift conclude.
I’m guessing Chelsea will by hook or crook pay extra to cover the wages. If it’s true FDJ is happy to go to Chelsea then I think it will get moving pretty swiftly. Even possibly a compromise on FDJ part. Either way I think chelsea would just pay whatever it takes.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
A few weeks ago I laughed at people saying this was our worst ever saga.
That sounded silly when we had the Fabregeas nonsense, the Herrera mystery suit gang and delayed a window, the year of Sancho and the long Wan Bissaka and Magure pursuits to only pay the exact original fee.

But I think this could actually get quite high up the list now as silliest one yet.
It's at the top if someone from United had told Harry that and we're throwing out briefs that we're confident. Jesus

hobbers

The most embarrassing transfer saga in our history is reaching its conclusion.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
To not look like absolute idiots, but just regular idiots?
Well no, the responsible thing to do would be to walk away if thats the case. No shame in admitting things have changed.
We knew the wage issue was holding things up and in that time, another club has come in, who de Jong prefers. Makes us look even more stupid staying when it's out there now that he has no intention of coming, if thats true of course

Mmm-Qatarian

Put it this way, I've heard ex-footballers/managers say they've "spoken to someone very high up" about a transfer and quite often what they've "heard" does not come to fruition.

It's quite possible that Redknapp is telling the truth but I wouldn't put more stock into it than an actual journalists whose reputation somewhat depends on the accuracy of their stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.