Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Because it is of greater value to us to get FDJ than not, regardless of whether we assist Barca with their situation or we get blasted in the media. People thought Klopp and Liverpool were fools for paying over odds for Van Dijk, but does anyone care about that now considering where Pool are and what they have accomplished they bought him? absolutely not.

while not everyone agrees we should up our bid, everyone agrees we need serious help in midfield. If we have to over pay to, which i am loathe to do, especially to Barca, our need to improve is greater than our need to save face.
I still don’t get it, our bid has been accepted, we’re good to go. We’ve done our part. There’s not much else we can do now.

It’s the deferred wages holding up the deal. Plain and simple

TheReligion

Abusive
I agree with you.

We spent the season going for Brobbey - a player clearly wanted by Ten Hag over everyone else. We have been rejected by him and therefore have no striker bought this year.

We are only going for who Ten Hag wants, which is clearly a small bracket of players.
Let’s not make things up

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I’d rather him go Chelsea, we finish 3rd they finish 5th. Drop out of UCL & into Europa and we beat them in the final.
If he isn't coming here I'd rather he stay at Barca for the remainder of his contract and cripple them financially.

devips

I think it has come to a point where, if the hold up really is the remaining wages and FDJ has actually given ETH assurances that he would come to United, then United need to up their bid. both clubs tried to play hardball. United need to get back in the CL. If FDJ is the best way to do that, then up the bid. i agree that United would be damned if they do and damned if they don't, but you have to find a balance between overpaying for something that you desperately want and need vs not being taken for granted.

FDJ would massively improve us, so i think the benefit would be greater to overpay and get than stand firm and not get him. if we get him and get CL then no one will care that we over payed and help bail Barca out.

it is more important for us to improve than care what the media writes about us paying over value.
It's not your own money, I get it, but still!

Because it’s not the bid holding up the deal it’s the deferred wages that Frenkie is owed!
And by upping the bid by another 10m, we "help" Barca to solve that issue. We say to Barca and Frenkie's agent, what is the difference between you guys, and we fecking pay it.

Sucks balls, probably is a daft one from a business perspective but every man and his dog, and 'Arry is shitting on this transfer now, the season starts tomorrow and I'm not convinced we have the ice on our veins to keep going with this stance of "letting them sort it out".

Smores

Because it’s not the bid holding up the deal it’s the deferred wages that Frenkie is owed!
Didn't really answer the question, what good is it? Answer is clearly none, the deferred wages make it void.

If we want him then Barcas asking price is the prior fee plus additional coverage of his deferred wages.

There's just no point going on about some previously agreed fee because it's not relevant to the situation.

Flexdegea

And by upping the bid by another 10m, we "help" Barca to solve that issue. We say to Barca and Frenkie's agent, what is the difference between you guys, and we fecking pay it.

Sucks balls, probably is a daft one from a business perspective but every man and his dog, and 'Arry is shitting on this transfer now, the season starts tomorrow and I'm not convinced we have the ice on our veins to keep going with this stance of "letting them sort it out".

Sounds ok then you remember you assuming Barca who are totally skint are going to agree to defer the payment towards what he is owed.

I just don't see how it's even workable to offer more, assuming they use it to clear their debt. How is it even worded and legal agreed, when it's their debt and not ours.

Going by their dealing this whole transfer, would be even more daft to try and get involved in a side agreement to pay more to cover it. Then back to the simple question of why the hell would the club pay what Barca owe their own player. This is their mess not ours.

Just shows how much a shitshow Barca really are at the moment.

Green Yellow Red

ETH is morphing into Ole by the day praised Maguire saying he was a successful player then kept him as captain. The other day he was talking about the right players only joining United when the teams full of dross. We are no closer to signing FDJ after 3 months of speculation. Why is he insisting on getting this guy? It's ridiculous chasing someone who doesn't want to leave and then to make him the highest paid as well? He'll create another Pogba situation with malcontent group because of his wages. Beyond ridiculous. I hope ETH’s not another Glazer puppet in charge.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
ETH is morphing into Ole by the day praised Maguire saying he was a successful player then kept him as captain. The other day he was talking about the right players only joining United when the teams full of dross. We are no closer to signing FDJ after 3 months of speculation. Why is he insisting on getting this guy? It's ridiculous chasing someone who doesn't want to leave and then to make him the highest paid as well? He'll create another Pogba situation with malcontent group because of his wages. Beyond ridiculous. I hope ETH’s not another Glazer puppet in charge.
Hasn't played a single league game yet and he's becoming Ole. Eurrrgh.

ETH is morphing into Ole by the day praised Maguire saying he was a successful player then kept him as captain. The other day he was talking about the right players only joining United when the teams full of dross. We are no closer to signing FDJ after 3 months of speculation. Why is he insisting on getting this guy? It's ridiculous chasing someone who doesn't want to leave and then to make him the highest paid as well?
Few things here you're getting mixed up.

1) he wouldn't be the highest paid, reports that he'd be on between 270-300 k /week.
2) Yes that's ridiculous, which is why it's likely not true. He's likely insisting on it because he believes his former player wants it.

Cypriot

Wowee.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Personally, I don't think that will do it. Barca are skint and scrounging for cash. Any money we give them to help settle up with Frankie will be skimmed. We give Barca 10 mil to fix this and they'll offer Frenkie 3m and try to pocket the rest. It's what deadbeats do.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Cheer up mate!

Cloud7

Have anyone changed their vote yet?
Or… how many have changed? I guess is the better question.
My vote has been on walk away since the poll went up. I've lost faith in this going through a while now (Would love to be proven wrong) and at that point it looked like the club weren't even considering alternatives. Only very recently has there been any talk of the club actually considering alternatives.

edgecutter

A proper DOF would have pulled the plug and got some alternative midfielders in. It's a disgrace that we are going into the season without midfield reinforcements, a few poor results in August could destroy our season and chances of getting back into the Champions League, never mind the loss of sponsorship because of another 'write off' season.

Judas

Open to offers
Maybe football isn't for you, its meant to be fun. To get this annoyed at this point in a new managers reign is staggering.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If anyone in the club knew for a fact he was going to Chelsea, so sure they'd tell Redknapp, then United would have publicly pulled out by now. They are worried about public perception in this situation, they are not going to stick around any longer than necessary.
I don't get why people believe that. We aren't publicly pulling out now, that ship has sailed. To 'pull out' now doesn't look good, because it is public acceptance that we've fecked up massively. We'll quietly move on (judging by recent sound bites, wouldn't surprise me if we have already done that) and try to sign other players to take focus away. FDJ will then do whatever he is going to do quietly in the background. That will be the clubs plan. We're probably hoping that the return of football and possibly good performance will offer further distraction too.

Loony BoB

I'm sure they have alternatives in mind on some level, if they actually think they will add value to the squad that justifies a pricetag, but personally I'd love to see Savage or Iqbal given a few goes before the window closes if our senior players get injured.

However.

I am 100% perfectly happy that we haven't approached other clubs as a show of faith towards RdJ until 13th August when Barcelona must register their players by. That would give us a bit over two weeks to go after other players if we feel the need, and that's not an unreasonable timeframe.

MF1138

Its pretty smart of Frenkie's agent to leak Chelsea are his preference, now we're gonna have to tempt him with higher wages :wenger:

House Mkhitaryan

Changing my vote to embarrassing. Still hopeful we can sign him... but it's looking less and less likely by the hour. Just a shocking ordeal if this doesn't get done.

Tony247

ffs :lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I agree with you.

We spent the season going for Brobbey - a player clearly wanted by Ten Hag over everyone else. We have been rejected by him and therefore have no striker bought this year.

We are only going for who Ten Hag wants, which is clearly a small bracket of players.
What a made up load of crap

C3Pique

Close the thread ffs, it must have a carbon footprint the size of half of China. Servers melting the world over to power gigabytes of muppetry for a transfer as likely as my next date being Ana de Armas.

buckooo1978

Honestly, in all my years of supporting United -- starting back in the pre-Fergie days -- I have never ever heard of a deferred payment/owed salary scenario.

Back then, this is what I was more focused on:

Shoot magazine insert/gift at the start of every season. And not someone's feckin deferred salaries.

Simpler times.
that brings back memories

Loon

:lol:
Honestly, in all my years of supporting United -- starting back in the pre-Fergie days -- I have never ever heard of a deferred payment/owed salary scenario.

Back then, this is what I was more focused on:

Shoot magazine insert/gift at the start of every season. And not someone's feckin deferred salaries.

Simpler times.
I just burst into tears when I saw this.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
This should be framed and kept as an example of entitled, impatient, mardy arsed football fan posting at it's very best / worst.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A proper DOF would have pulled the plug and got some alternative midfielders in. It's a disgrace that we are going into the season without midfield reinforcements, a few poor results in August could destroy our season and chances of getting back into the Champions League, never mind the loss of sponsorship because of another 'write off' season.
Fred/Mctominay/Eriksen/Garner/Iqbal/Savage isn't too bad depth wise tbh.

Sometimes missing out gives a youth player a chance. I think Iqbal could be a big surprise this year for us.

Green Yellow Red

Few things here you're getting mixed up.

1) he wouldn't be the highest paid, reports that he'd be on between 270-300 k /week.
2) Yes that's ridiculous, which is why it's likely not true. He's likely insisting on it because he believes his former player wants it.
I understand ETH’s desire to reunite with the player he knows but he should have set a deadline weeks ago for this deal to be done or we walk away. Its already 3 months and the season start in 2 days. ETH’s already to blame for this De Jong fiasco.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I still don’t get it, our bid has been accepted, we’re good to go. We’ve done our part. There’s not much else we can do now.

It’s the deferred wages holding up the deal. Plain and simple
Not as long as personal terms with the players aren't agreed. United did the easy part, agreeing on a fee with a club that desperately wants to sell a player.

mancan92

The location thing is a nonsense in my opinion. Neither London or Manchester has a beach or sun. You’d live rurally in both areas not central.

CL football is literally the only thing. If he doesn’t want to be part of what we are looking to do at United feck him.
I live in Manchester and grew up and lived in London City for 8 years. London and Manchester are not the same.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Fred/Mctominay/Eriksen/Garner/Iqbal/Savage isn't too bad depth wise tbh.

Sometimes missing out gives a youth player a chance. I think Iqbal could be a big surprise this year for us.
Iqbal is what im thinking too and quietly praying for a shock start this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.