Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Rabiot, Eriksen and De Jong improves our midfield options vastly..
I would be happy to get Rabiot, providing we get Frenkie and there is a good plan to play them as a duo.

Not convinced that is the case though.

dove

Sad fact is... Rabiot is still better than McFred :(

Arnoutovic is still better than anything we have too. Can do loads better but still!
Well, Rabiot is likely better than what we have but the main issue is that these players are again, panic buys. We have seen the identical scenario for about 10 years in a row now. Chase unattainable targets all summer and when we are running out of time, make some stupid decisions that will become a problem in a year or so when we realise Arnautovic is shite but we will struggle to get rid of him because of his massive wages here. If we sign Rabiot, he will be a signing in FdJ's place, 100%. To me it looks like we have finally gave up on FdJ, which we should have done weeks ago.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Well, Rabiot is likely better than what we have but the main issue is that these players are again, panic buys. We have seen the identical scenario for about 10 years in a row now. Chase unattainable targets all summer and when we are running out of time, make some stupid decisions that will become a problem in a year or so when we realise Arnautovic is shite but we will struggle to get rid of him because of his massive wages here. If we sign Rabiot, he will be a signing in FdJ's place, 100%. To me it looks like we have finally gave up on FdJ, which we should have done weeks ago.
Pretty sure it's already been reported that it's a signing along side de Jong.

Maybe EtH saw the issues yesterday and wants more options than what he has... well, actually, scratch that, he NEEDS more options than what we got!

dove

Pretty sure it's already been reported that it's a signing along side de Jong.

Maybe EtH saw the issues yesterday and wants more options than what he has... well, actually, scratch that, he NEEDS more options than what we got!
We can only pray it's true but I doubt it very much.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Does our persuit of Rabiot put this one to bed now? If we was gonna sign both, then we wouldn't of waited so long to sign Rabiot

Loony BoB

Big week coming up.
Yeah, five days until 13th August when Barca have to have their finances in order to register their players. They need to generate income and lower their salaries. I'm sure they probably have more levers, but it'll be very interesting how it all plays out.

I don't think it's a shock that we're looking at more players this week, as we would have had other players lined up as last resorts should FDJ not join us. But that will be a decision for FDJ over the next five days, and for us over the next 23 days.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Does our persist of Rabiot put this one to bed now? If we was gonna sign both, then we wouldn't of waited so long to sign Rabiot
Ten Hag saw McTominay play yesterday, that's why we're signing Rabiot.

sewey89

I'm still utterly convinced that Frenkie leaves Barca this week and i'm 95% (:drool:) sure that it's to United.

dove

He saw McTominay train and play friendlies for over a month now, he surely knew his "qualities" way before yesterday.

sewey89

It's really no coincidence that we made a move after seeing how bad they were yesterday is it?
Not at all. I'd be shocked if Rabiot is the alternative to De Jong rather than the alternative to Fred/McT

sewey89

He saw McTominay train and play friendlies for over a month now, he surely knew his "qualities" way before yesterday.
I assume he thought that McT was waiting for the season to actually start before showing what he can do

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Then we should probably start to look for a new manager if that's the case.
Theres a big difference between playing in friendlies where theres no pressure to playing in the PL when the pressure is really on.

McTom failed his test yesterday that much is for sure

sewey89

Blatantly obvious to even the doomiest of doomers that the hold up with this deal is way out of United's hands now.

Chip

Finally over soon.
It's been over for the past few months, mate. In fact, it has never been "on" as the player clearly does not want to join United.

Yet, all the deluded muppets keep on going in circles in this thread to the tune of rehashed media bullshit posted on Twitter every few days.

Tony247

I hope that's not true. He is watching McFred for almost 2 months practicing and playing preseason. Also has last few year's recordings.

sewey89

It's been over for the past few months, mate. In fact, it has never been "on" as the player clearly does not want to join United.

Yet, all the deluded muppets keep on going in circles in this thread to the tune of rehashed media bullshit posted on Twitter every few days.
That or that fact he's locked in an actual legal dispute with his current club.

Status
Not open for further replies.