Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
This thread sums up our window entirely. We are absolutely fecked this season. Honestly think we could be on for a bottom half finish.

hobbers

Could have made 2-3 vital signings with that £80m we've had on the back burner for 3 months.

Rabiot, SMS/Nunes/whoever and a right back all signed and integrated before we got spanked by Brighton.

SATA

This isn’t happening anymore, lads. I was still holding some hope right till yesterday. I wouldn’t be too disappointed if the club decide to go for Savic as the alternative

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's gotten old.

He has a claim to be the best striker ever, not just the past 40 years, shame how his career was cut short.
In today's football were defenders can barely touch a striker without seeing red and were every move is shown again and again its so easy to forget how ridiculously good the old school strikers are. My OMG moment came at Albertini's testimonial game in 2006. But let's give some backstory first. Van Basten's injury has had an enormous impact on him as a person. He can't move his ankle the way he wants to, he needs to be careful when training at the gym and can only play 10 minutes of football. By 2006, Van Basten was 41 years old and had retired from football years before. So we're talking about a guy who had barely played football since he retired and can't even move as a normal person could. For him to go on the pitch and score this wonder goal is amazing

That's one of the many reasons why I say that Sacchi's Milan was the best team the world had ever seen. That team was frigging special and had shown their class and their almost telepathic communication between them long after they retired.

lex talionis

Frenkie who? The Daily Mail reports that we’re in for Casemiro. It’s hard to imagine why Fred’s teammate wouldn’t leap at the chance to come to OT.

mu4c_20le

We had to withdraw in order to put in a bigger bid. One way or another we'll get him, even if we get rinsed again.

TheReligion

Abusive
The most embarrassing thread in Caf history, full of delusion, blind optimism, 5% facts and 95% speculation, culminating in 1600 pages of regurgitated crap and zero evidence that the fecker is joining United any time soon.
Yet you keep logging on to post here you weirdo

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
The most embarrassing thread in Caf history, full of delusion, blind optimism, 5% facts and 95% speculation, culminating in 1600 pages of regurgitated crap and zero evidence that the fecker is joining United any time soon.
You say that but I have to confess that I stop by 2 or 3 times a day to read it.

Judas

Open to offers
Our football is far too shite to be this miserable in a fun muppet thread. No one is forcing you sad sacks to be in this thread.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
What’s the point in renewing it when it’s clear that he won’t join us till the deferred wages issue has been taken care of. Which imo isn’t going to happen this window.
because the club insists we are still in the running - and who knows what Barca might suddenly decide to ask for between now and three hours from now...

Xaviboy

Won't look good for ETH if this deal doesn't happen and we don't improve that midfield at all before 1st September.

Wilt

Yep, this just about covers it.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Remember the time when it is announced the deal has been agreed with Barca?

That's the happiest moment of whole saga, let's remembered it fondly.

Sir Erik ten Hag

1612 pages already and you think that's not entertaining? This thread is far more interesting than the entirety of last season (And probably this season as well).

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
In today's football were defenders can barely touch a striker without seeing red and were every move is shown again and again its so easy to forget how ridiculously good the old school strikers are.
Maybe not oldschool enough but Shevchenko at Milan was probably my favorite player as a kid, next to Ruud.

dave2528

I generally like to try to maintain a positive and lighthearted attitude about what's going on with the club, especially in regards to the new manager. That's said, it's hard not to think that this cock-up, straight out the gate, may be a foreboding sign that the new front office and manager don't exactly have a realistic grasp on how they're going to go about fixing the problems we're facing.

Early days and whatnot, but I'd rather ETH not have tripped on his dick walking in the front door.

Telsim

We will be humiliated twice next week. First by Liverpool on Monday, then once this deal falls through for good towards the end of the week. Worse if he goes to Chelsea. Let's hope we fair better against Southampton. Maybe get someone else sacked for a change! :lol:

Hoof the ball

In the words of Clark W. Griswold.

"I think you're all fecked in the head. We're weeks from the Frenkie fecking Friday and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a thread. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. You're gonna have fun, and I'm gonna have fun... We're all gonna have so much fecking fun we're gonna need plastic surgery to remove our goddamn smiles!"

Suv666

I don't even think he's that good tbh.
Its not like he's fecking Iniesta.
Yeah he's a class player but definitely wasn't worth fecking our entire season over.

theklr

I generally like to try to maintain a positive and lighthearted attitude about what's going on with the club, especially in regards to the new manager. That's said, it's hard not to think that this cock-up, straight out the gate, may be a foreboding sign that the new front office and manager don't exactly have a realistic grasp on how they're going to go about fixing the problems we're facing.

Early days and whatnot, but I'd rather ETH not have tripped on his dick walking in the front door.
I dont understand why its so wrong to try to go for the best target you want for as long as you can? If we get him he could be a star player and fix many of our issues for many years. They clearly have their back up targets they probably could do fast if they wanted to.

95% of the different news articles/tweets are probably wrong so it seems a bigger cock-up than it is.

Cypriot

I don't even think he's that good tbh.
Its not like he's fecking Iniesta.
Yeah he's a class player but definitely wasn't worth fecking our entire season over.
He's brilliant, and a very unique player which our manager thinks is crucial to our season. That being said we should be signing a few in those positions...

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
In the words of Clark W. Griswold.

"I think you're all fecked in the head. We're weeks from the Frenkie fecking Friday and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a thread. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. You're gonna have fun, and I'm gonna have fun... We're all gonna have so much fecking fun we're gonna need plastic surgery to remove our goddamn smiles!"
'Russ!?!'

'Right here, Dad.'

Castia

Id love to know how many times ‘we wouldn’t be in for him if he didn’t want to come’ excuse was used.

You’re in Murtough and Arnold’s world now motherfeckers! failure is their specialty.

dave2528

I dont understand why its so wrong to try to go for the best target you want for as long as you can? If we get him he could be a star player and fix many of our issues for many years. They clearly have their back up targets they probably could do fast if they wanted to.

95% of the different news articles/tweets are probably wrong so it seems a bigger cock-up than it is.
You're absolutely right. There's no way of knowing what's actually taken place or what's yet to come with this saga. That said, if there was any transfer window that we needed to wrap up signings early in order to hit the ground running, this was the one. There's a strong argument to be made that not doing that has already cost us points.

Regardless, if this transfer fails to materialize, warranted or not, the board and ETH are going to suffer in the press and take abuse from some supporters.

That isn't how I'd like to see this era begin.

romufc

Imagine the eruption of the fan base when they finally realise De Jong isnt happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.