Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurencio

We had to withdraw in order to put in a bigger bid. One way or another we'll get him, even if we get rinsed again.
"So we'll pay you 45M euros up front, give you Wan Bissaka, and we'll pay de Jong 20M euros on your behalf in addition to that we'll add 20M euros in potential bonuses so that you can tell fans you sold de Jong for 85M euros, brought in a right back and renegotiated his deferred wages which you made us pay".

Happy Laporta?

SATA

Looks like Frenkie has won his battle with Barca and they will have to absolutely pay his full wages until his contract ends. This is the best scenario to happen if we can’t get him

Herman Toothrot

I generally like to try to maintain a positive and lighthearted attitude about what's going on with the club, especially in regards to the new manager. That's said, it's hard not to think that this cock-up, straight out the gate, may be a foreboding sign that the new front office and manager don't exactly have a realistic grasp on how they're going to go about fixing the problems we're facing.

Early days and whatnot, but I'd rather ETH not have tripped on his dick walking in the front door.
Yeah man. I've always been able to look on the bright side and saw this as a fresh start, but I'm starting to think this might be the end of days for Manchester United. I don't doubt the quality of the players brought in, but they are but a hammer blow to the dents of a wreck. We need at least two massive signings and we cannot continue with a skulking Ronaldo sewing discontent. That gangrel creature and his ill-favoured look are casting a shadow over what is already a shitshow. I would like to think I'd be proven wrong, but the pursuit of FDJ has been folly.

Chief123

I generally like to try to maintain a positive and lighthearted attitude about what's going on with the club, especially in regards to the new manager. That's said, it's hard not to think that this cock-up, straight out the gate, may be a foreboding sign that the new front office and manager don't exactly have a realistic grasp on how they're going to go about fixing the problems we're facing.

Early days and whatnot, but I'd rather ETH not have tripped on his dick walking in the front door.
Tbh even if we signed him I feel like the enjoyment would be short lived. It would need a Brunoesque influence like when he signed to have a drastic turn around. If we can get FDJ and Rabiot in, I do still have some hope. But other than that it feels like it’ll just be a shit show again.

Tallis

I am sick of this guy. He is going to mess up our whole season. We could have gone after Bissouma and Ruiz or even a Neves and we would be in better shape at this point

Resonance

I’ve lost faith now. Either FDJ genuinely gave off ‘wanting to move’ vibes or we’re the biggest incompetent mugs on the planet.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I’ve lost faith now. Either FDJ genuinely gave off ‘wanting to move’ vibes or we’re the biggest incompetent mugs on the planet.
Excuse me? you're saying that the Glazers who sanction all of our moves are incompetent mugs?

white text #glazersout

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah man. I've always been able to look on the bright side and saw this as a fresh start, but I'm starting to think this might be the end of days for Manchester United. I don't doubt the quality of the players brought in, but they are but a hammer blow to the dents of a wreck. We need at least two massive signings and we cannot continue with a skulking Ronaldo sewing discontent. That gangrel creature and his ill-favoured look are casting a shadow over what is already a shitshow. I would like to think I'd be proven wrong, but the pursuit of FDJ has been folly.
What do you mean ‘the end of days for Manchester United’?

Chief123

Whats worse is people still biting on Sky Sports reports. Especially those who spend so long online, you'd think people would be a little bit more savvy by now, but clearly not.
I feel like some just come online and spot a random post which says we’ve withdrawn our offer and go mental without checking any other information.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Our football is far too shite to be this miserable in a fun muppet thread. No one is forcing you sad sacks to be in this thread.
1612 pages already and you think that's not entertaining? This thread is far more interesting than the entirety of last season (And probably this season as well).
So every transfer thread then?
I'm all for muppet/transfer threads and usually there is something to build on but there was never anything to indicate that the guy was really coming to United. This has just been the worst with the same old crap being recycled every few days...it's not even been entertaining. The fecker's even playing for Barca right now. I know people just drag it out just to boost the page count which is supposed to mean something I guess. But this has been embarrassing.

croadyman

This isn’t happening anymore, lads. I was still holding some hope right till yesterday. I wouldn’t be too disappointed if the club decide to go for Savic as the alternative
Yeah him and Rabiot is solid but lacks quality on the ball is the problem

lex talionis

From "The Sun" (the strikeout is mine, although if Frenkie had the luxury of choosing between the two clubs the choice is clear):

MANCHESTER UNITED expect to sign Frenkie de Jong with an 'irrefutable' offer, according to reports.

Spanish press claim that there is a belief that the reason the Dutchman is playing hardball with Barcelona is to drive up the offer he will ultimately get from the Red Devils or Chelsea.

Man Utd are also set to battle Chelsea for the signing of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, SunSport can reveal.

The Red Devils considered signing the former Arsenal captain in January and are now ready to launch a bid, following Cristiano Ronaldo's sulky display at Brentford.

It is also claimed that Ronaldo often eats alone during training and has been openly questioning Erik ten Hag's high pressing style.

The Red Devils are also said to be closing in on the signing of Adrien Rabiot, with the club's recruitment said to have agreed terms with his mother and agent.

croadyman

Could have made 2-3 vital signings with that £80m we've had on the back burner for 3 months.

Rabiot, SMS/Nunes/whoever and a right back all signed and integrated before we got spanked by Brighton.
Yeah we have chucked away 6 points in the hope of signing him, looks like the strategy has backfired

ForeverRed1

Been saying it for a while but this one’s a non starter. It’s also why we’re seeing links to other players now. He’s not coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.