Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
On a serious note, I think if we qualify for the CL next season, we'll have a very good chance of signing FdJ next summer. I'm fairly sure that he's going to spend much of this season sitting on the bench and despite what Barca fans might say, I don't think this Barca team are quite as good as they think they are, will probably get their backsides handed to them in either the Last 16 or the QFs of the CL. Despite Barca being his dream club, I can't imagine Frenkie will want to sit around as a sub for a good but not great team.

Then when you look at other buyers, Real are the only other club in Spain capable of affording him but Barca won't sell to Real. The Italian sides don't have the money to buy de Jong. PSG could potentially buy him but they seem to have a new "Buy French" policy plus already have Verratti and Fabian Ruiz. Bayern in theory could have the money to buy him but they never really spend that big, he would ruin their wage structure, plus they already have Kimmich, Goretzka, Sabitzer, Gravenberch, and probably Laimer on a free next year. I can't see either Spurs or Arsenal signing him. I could see Chelsea signing him but I think they won't qualify for the CL next season. He'd ruin Liverpool's wage structure, it would be impossible to cover both him and TAA defensively, and they seem set on Bellingham. City don't tend to play a 4-2-3-1 (They have Rodri already, why sign FdJ when you can genuinely play with two Free 8s?) so he doesn't make sense for them. Put that altogether and if Utd make the CL, we should have a good chance of signing FdJ next summer.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Frenkie de **** can stay at a club that doesn’t want or respect him and continue picking up his astronomical wages. He’s only harmed his career and reputation. Maybe we’ll go back for him in Jan, but there is a world of difference between how Casemiro, Martinez and Antony responded to our interest and how this beta shirked away from the challenge, preferring his comfy lifestyle in Barcelona where he’s a bench CB on insane wages. He can stay there for all I care.
There’s an irony here…. :houllier:

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
You are all aware he can be announced tomorrow, right, as long as we do paper work tonight, in about 20ish minutes!
Let's get at least 1850 pages!

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
That was fun… thanks for the past 3 months guys and see you after the World Cup…

or we can wait that remaining 25 minutes and welcome him at United
Lets spread the 25 minutes over 10 seasons just to be safe

RedMistyDevil

I was hoping to save my last post of the day for some last minute excitement, but it was fun hanging out in this thread!

Hopefully, when we go again, I'll have become a full member and can contribute to being a muppet properly!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
i haven’t felt this swindled since the time i got the squits after drinking that bottle of streamer girl bath water.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Let's see if a year of being a backup option changes his mind, if not then the club have a year to scout and work on deals for another midfielder.
Jokes on Barca though isn't it... having your top earner, or one of the top earners, sat on the bench doing nothing? Yeah, that's great haha

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
On a serious note, I think if we qualify for the CL next season, we'll have a very good chance of signing FdJ next summer. I'm fairly sure that he's going to spend much of this season sitting on the bench and despite what Barca fans might say, I don't think this Barca team are quite as good as they think they are, will probably get their backsides handed to them in either the Last 16 or the QFs of the CL. Despite Barca being his dream club, I can't imagine Frenkie will want to sit around as a sub for a good but not great team.

Then when you look at other buyers, Real are the only other club in Spain capable of affording him but Barca won't sell to Real. The Italian sides don't have the money to buy de Jong. PSG could potentially buy him but they seem to have a new "Buy French" policy plus already have Verratti and Fabian Ruiz. Bayern in theory could have the money to buy him but they never really spend that big, he would ruin their wage structure, plus they already have Kimmich, Goretzka, Sabitzer, Gravenberch, and probably Laimer on a free next year. I can't see either Spurs or Arsenal signing him. I could see Chelsea signing him but I think they won't qualify for the CL next season. He'd ruin Liverpool's wage structure, it would be impossible to cover both him and TAA defensively, and they seem set on Bellingham. City don't tend to play a 4-2-3-1 (They have Rodri already, why sign FdJ when you can genuinely play with two Free 8s?) so he doesn't make sense for them. Put that altogether and if Utd make the CL, we should have a good chance of signing FdJ next summer.
Reminds me of that instruction manual for an IKEA bunk bed. FML

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Hearing Mark Goldbridge sent a United Stand employee to Barcelona yesterday, canvasing for signatures protesting deforestation in the Sahara desert. This individual is expeceted to obtain Frenkies signature shortly. Its all a rouse, he is signing the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.