Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

frostbite

Disappointing. We didn't make it to 2000. But can we get to 3000 by next summer?

Ted Lasso

Wow Barca fans losing their collective sht and hurling abuse at Frenkie and Memphis for not leaving.

Gonna be an interesting season for him with that fickle and classless lot. If only he had another option..

OrcaFat

The worst thread in Redcafe history ends with a whimper.

A player who was never interested in joining us and a deal that was never going to happen.
He was interested, just not interested enough to write off £25m-plus in owed salary and bonuses.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
So see you all here again come jan?

Till then, adios fellow muppets and good luck.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He was interested, just not interested enough to write off £25m-plus in owed salary and bonuses.
He wasn't.

We didn't hear a fecking peep from him suggesting he was.

All we heard was United wanted him and Barca wanted him gone, absolutely zero from the man himself.

You can choose to suggest he stayed silent to avoid ruining his chance at getting the pay off but I choose to believe he had zero intention of doing anything other than what he's done and we were never given a signal otherwise. We have form for staying 'in' for players that don't want to come to us and haven't given us any signals that they want to join, we seemingly think we can have whatever we want and never learn.

OrcaFat

He wasn't.

All we heard was United wanted him and Barca wanted him gone, absolutely zero from the man himself.

You can choose to suggest he stayed silent to avoid ruining his chance at getting the pay off but I choose to believe he had zero intention of doing anything other than what he's done and we were never given a signal otherwise. We have form for staying 'in' for players that don't want to come to us and haven't given us any signals that they want to join, we seemingly think we can have whatever we want and never learn.
Nah. But I like your confidence.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He wasn't.

In a presser for the Dutch NT he said he wanted to stay at Barca

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We should've listened to that and stopped and officially (especially for the now red raw battered cocks of the most dedicated muppets) come out and said we're moving on.

OrcaFat

I’m sure he did say that. Usually they do until they move.

I don’t doubt that it was his preference to stay at Barca but it’s hugely improbable that he ruled us out completely from the start. ETH is the archetypal pragmatist and simply not dumb enough to persist with a hopeless case.

kaku06

Not really, I want him to play well and perform at the highest level. If he becomes a United player I dont want a moping player that's lost his way.
I don’t think he is coming now. Big deals in January rarely happen especially as complicated as this one. And next summer, even if we are still interested, I still don’t think he would sign for us. He isn’t even that bothered about his career and playing time for Christ sake. We pursued him for the whole window and I think he gave us and ten hag a half hearted nod but now i genuinely think he doesn’t care about playing for us. I believe if he really wanted to join us something could have been done in these 3 months no matter how complicated his situation was. And I don’t want us to sign a half hearted sulking player anymore.

You see the likes of Martinez, Malacia, Antony and even Casemiro how eager they were and what they bring in terms of fight, grit, pride, determination and strong mentality and how vital it is on the pitch to have all those qualities. I don’t think signing a player like de jong who has no interest in us is the right thing no matter how good he is. For so long we have suffered having players like him and I hope he stays away from us and we stay away from him.

Last edited:

Ted Lasso

Pedro Bravo, agent and president of the Spanish agents association says that an
English club offered €150M for a player in La Liga.

Yesterday that troll attention ho Gerdo Romno said Barca received an offer Over 100m for Fwankie de jong

Last edited:

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Well, it's been an interesting rollercoaster of a ride. I think we've all heard enough from Romero to last a lifetime.

Best of luck for this season, hope to see United back in the CL where they belong.

See you next summer muppets.

Morpheus 7

Feck Frenkie, Barca, the Glazers, Romero and the muppets. Lock this thread and burn it to the ground.

Yakuza_devils

Well, it's been an interesting rollercoaster of a ride. I think we've all heard enough from Romero to last a lifetime.

Best of luck for this season, hope to see United back in the CL where they belong.

See you next summer muppets.
See again in Jan

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Not fecking Frenkie, that's for sure...

Rolaholic

Wonder how he'll adjust from being one of the first names in the teamsheet to an expensive squad player.

If they don't win anything after the summer they had I fully expect this saga to boot back up again next summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.