Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Wait, that's a drool emoji? I always thought it was some sort of weird toothpick in his mouth like a cowboy.
Oh, the famous cowboy toothpick emoji!

The guy will be taken to cleaners in EPL, he is slow and has physicality of a ballerina. For a guy like him to work in EPL you need a powerhouse like Rice to be beside him and devise some strategy that the two of them gel together as the two midfield pivots.
Yeah, just like so many small technical players in the mound of Silva, Mata, Eriksen etc. that were broken by this league…

He also seemed to struggle a lot against England in 2019 despite somehow ending up the best player on the pitch… can you actually point to a game where he had struggled on the back of him lacking physique? Or is it just another cold wet Wednesday night in Stoke argument?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
But that just says if the clause is met, the player can move. We already know that!

How is having an unattainable clause better, or any different from having no clause for the selling club?
I’m not saying it’s better, I’m saying it’s worse for the player

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
The guy will be taken to cleaners in EPL, he is slow and has physicality of a ballerina. For a guy like him to work in EPL you need a powerhouse like Rice to be beside him and devise some strategy that the two of them gel together as the two midfield pivots.
Frenkie de Jong is known to be one of the quickest midfielders out there. Nor is he physically weak. How do people come up with this stuff?

Frenkie is one of the quickest CMs in the game. He’d be unstoppable in this league.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He's actually very fast and surprisingly tall. The fact he falls over so much is because he's a whingy fecker, not a lack of strength :wenger:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He's not huge, but he'd look like Hulk Hogan next to Ander Herrera, who did perfectly well for us.

I’m not saying it’s better, I’m saying it’s worse for the player
How? A release clause can never be worse than no release clause for the player.

Seij

Barca might be a train wreck right now, but I still don't see this guy leaving them for us to play for Michael Carrick.

Lyng

Barca might be a train wreck right now, but I still don't see this guy leaving them for us to play for Michael Carrick.
If we are in agreement with Ten Hag to join in the summer I could see De Jong joining us.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He won't be playing for Carrick and even if he wants to join, we can't sign him in November.

kthanksbye

Yeah, just like so many small technical players in the mound of Silva, Mata, Eriksen etc. that were broken by this league…

He also seemed to struggle a lot against England in 2019 despite somehow ending up the best player on the pitch… can you actually point to a game where he had struggled on the back of him lacking physique? Or is it just another cold wet Wednesday night in Stoke argument?
haha, if it were up to some posters here, we'll have more McTominays playing for us than players like Verratti DeJong Pedri and Gavi.

Sinbad the sailor

Supports
Football
Like I said the only way he leaves is if Xavi doesn't want him. Or if someone makes a crazy offer like 150 mil. He's played every single minute so far under xavi and xavi has said he's gonna shoulder even more responsibility. Doesn't look like a player on his way out. He's basically 6 months into a five year contract as well. Barca are gonna have a much harder time keeping Gavi who has a 50 mil release clause. Chelsea are reportedly ready to pay it.

Mainoldo

Like I said the only way he leaves is if Xavi doesn't want him. Or if someone makes a crazy offer like 150 mil. He's played every single minute so far under xavi and xavi has said he's gonna shoulder even more responsibility. Doesn't look like a player on his way out. He's basically 6 months into a five year contract as well. Barca are gonna have a much harder time keeping Gavi who has a 50 mil release clause. Chelsea are reportedly ready to pay it.
De Jong signed a new deal?

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Gavi won't go to Chelsea, he's 17, has a lot of players ahead of him over there, while at Barcelona he'll break into the team quicker, Gavi probably will seek advise from Enrique and him being a former Barcelona player and coach will advise him to stay put, as well as I'm sure Gavi idolize Xavi, getting the chance to learn and be coached by him will be valuable, so personally don't think he'll go anywhere despite that 50m release clause.

de Jong is an odd case to an extent, he'll be 25 at the end of this season nearing his peak years, maybe Xavi works some miracles, but there is a chance Barcelona might not make CL and it may take another 2-3 years before they return to the top again, maybe even longer, so I believe it'll be a tough decision for him to make. I feel it's more likely he goes to City if he leaves, since Barcelona fancy a few of there players a potential swap deal would be more likely as well as him being typical made to a Pep team and his development as a player would be better there.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d be happy for Ten Hag to come in and bring both him and Onana.

Sinbad the sailor

Supports
Football
Gavi won't go to Chelsea, he's 17, has a lot of players ahead of him over there, while at Barcelona he'll break into the team quicker, Gavi probably will seek advise from Enrique and him being a former Barcelona player and coach will advise him to stay put, as well as I'm sure Gavi idolize Xavi, getting the chance to learn and be coached by him will be valuable, so personally don't think he'll go anywhere despite that 50m release clause.

de Jong is an odd case to an extent, he'll be 25 at the end of this season nearing his peak years, maybe Xavi works some miracles, but there is a chance Barcelona might not make CL and it may take another 2-3 years before they return to the top again, maybe even longer, so I believe it'll be a tough decision for him to make. I feel it's more likely he goes to City if he leaves, since Barcelona fancy a few of there players a potential swap deal would be more likely as well as him being typical made to a Pep team and his development as a player would be better there.
Oh I didn't say Gavi would want to leave. I said he was attainable. If pedri or de Jong decided to leave barca could simply tell them to sit down and zip it. Gavi hasn't signed a long contract yet so he has leverage. But yeah, he's very unlikely to leave. So are the rest of them tbh.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Why? Just to be "different"? What could Onana who is basically an Inter-player possibly bring that De Gea, Henderson or Heaton does not allready give us?
Don’t worry yourself. You have already answered your own question - I simply want to he ‘different’.

Blood Mage

If he becomes available most top clubs in Europe will be sniffing around so we'll face stiff competition. Let's hope whichever manager Rangnick recommends to us next summer can tempt him here.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He's on the bench for Barca? :confused:

Xavi is really begging for other clubs to swoop in.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Signing him is basically signing Ten Hag for me.

Swedish_Plumber

I’ve never really seen a lot of this guy. Is he the answer to our midfield woes? And are Barcelona really gonna let someone that seems so highly rated leave?

davidmichael

I’ve never really seen a lot of this guy. Is he the answer to our midfield woes? And are Barcelona really gonna let someone that seems so highly rated leave?
All I know is no matter what the question is in regards to our midfield the answer is never going to be McTominay, Fred and Matic. De Jong is the closest thing to a genuine deep lying playmaker that dictates tempo as you’ll get in football, if we could get him and Rice with what we have in all the other positions and a top head coach we’d be set to challenge.

Sinbad the sailor

Supports
Football
Xavi literally said he was untouchable yesterday. I don't know why people keep going on about him here.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You'd drop Busquets?
Sadly right now i don't think they can. But in general terms? Yeah, absolutely. De Jong is the future. And is not unplayable against great pressing sides

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
A girl can dream.

They're practically broke and half their squad is shite, so how else are they going to get good players?
Definitely not by selling their one of the remaining good players.

UncleBob

Aren’t Barcelona going bankrupt because of all the revenue that’s gone missing due to Messi sodding off?

Bwuk

In the new formation he’s exactly what we need next to Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.