Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Thought they got a £600m deal and didn’t need to sell.
We will not know what Barcelona will sign. We will have to wait.
Now, Freixa's credibility is in tatters, he was one of Bartomeu's most important managers.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The only club who's shit at negotiating besides us of course is barcelona, if you think we get ripped off then have a look at how much they've overpaid over the years.

No wonder the transfer is stuck in the shitter.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
To what extent are we now just once again hamstringing the side by chasing a big name signing, instead of addressing fixable holes in the squad?

I don't see how it would have weakened our bargaining position to have got the likes of Eriksen, Timber, Antony done early before making a move for FdJ. If anything, it would actually have been far more convincing to Barca that we only had so much to spend on De Jong, and displayed to them that we were in a genuine position to walk away if need be.

We are simply fecking up another window as per. And it's just so obvious what needs doing.

At this point I can only assume that our inaction is a directive from the Glazers. No-one could be this inept at their job otherwise.

edcunited1878

To what extent are we now just once again hamstringing the side by chasing a big name signing, instead of addressing fixable holes in the squad?

I don't see how it would have weakened our bargaining position to have got the likes of Eriksen, Timber, Antony done early before making a move for FdJ. If anything, it would actually have been far more convincing to Barca that we only had so much to spend on De Jong, and displayed to them that we were in a genuine position to walk away if need be.

We are simply fecking up another window as per. And it's just so obvious what needs doing.

At this point I can only assume that our inaction is a directive from the Glazers. No-one could be this inept at their job otherwise.
Eriksen is still making a decision on his part and he has time on his side as he played for Denmark. United have made a concrete offer for him, up to the player now. Timber has said he doesn't want to leave Ajax. Antony is still debating on his Ajax future and the clubs are yet to even engage in serious negotiation. Agreeing to personal terms won't be an issue. There are no coaches at Carrington ready to welcome these players or train them, really until 2 to 3 weeks from now.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

I doubt if the Glazers are involved in the negotiation. The transfer budget was probably either set at the beginning of the financial year or it was firmed up back in January so that it allows Mutough to start talking to agents. They will probably just need a green light for each deal from Joel.

As to buying the other players first then showing Barca that we don't have much left in the bank? No one buys capital expenditure this way. YOu are going to show them your bank account details?

It just appears that ETH is insisting that we get Frenkie at all costs. The other transfers looks to be more optional, maybe not his 2nd transfer/player but certainly the 3rd at the rate we are going.

I don't think the United team is doing anything I wouldn't do -- United has already compromised by upping the offer. But it's inevitable when you have two big clubs in a transaction that its difficult and arduous.

Barca, despite its desperation or due to its arrogance, isn't willing to budge. They see Frenkie/United as their one silver bullet to get out of their current financial shithole.

But they must be getting the feeling from the United side that Frenkie is a must-get fro ETH and thus their stubbornness.

If it was me, I will keep the other transfers warm but I would drag this to the last week of June if the bastards are being this stubborn or arrogant about the deal. We don't have a deadline. They do and yet they are still so uncompromising and want to take us for mugs.

But make sure we have the Frenkie alternative in place if necessary.

croadyman

I doubt if the Glazers are involved in the negotiation. The transfer budget was probably either set at the beginning of the financial year or it was firmed up back in January so that it allows Mutough to start talking to agents. They will probably just need a green light for each deal from Joel.

As to buying the other players first then showing Barca that we don't have much left in the bank? No one buys capital expenditure this way. YOu are going to show them your bank account details?

It just appears that ETH is insisting that we get Frenkie at all costs. The other transfers looks to be more optional, maybe not his 2nd transfer/player but certainly the 3rd at the rate we are going.

I don't think the United team is doing anything I wouldn't do -- United has already compromised by upping the offer. But it's inevitable when you have two big clubs in a transaction that its difficult and arduous.

Barca, despite its desperation or due to its arrogance, isn't willing to budge. They see Frenkie/United as their one silver bullet to get out of their current financial shithole.

But they must be getting the feeling from the United side that Frenkie is a must-get fro ETH and thus their stubbornness.

If it was me, I will keep the other transfers warm but I would drag this to the last week of June if the bastards are being this stubborn or arrogant about the deal. We don't have a deadline. They do and yet they are still so uncompromising and want to take us for mugs.

But make sure we have the Frenkie alternative in place if necessary.
Yeah fully convinced other transfers are hinging on player sales which is worrying

Kaushal

Haven’t United made it difficult for themselves by leaving every other player business on hold and going all in for de Jong indicating Barcelona of our desperation and that he is the one we want at all costs thus weakening our own hand in negotiations? Wouldn’t it have been better to conduct it more opaquely and not so brazenly ? They know our necessity very well ever since we stopped every transfer business just to compete the de Jong deal.

Last edited:

croadyman

Haven’t United made it difficult for themselves by leaving every other player business on hold and going all in for de Jong indicating Barcelona of our desperation and that he is the one we want at all costs thus weakening our own hand in negotiations . Wouldn’t it have been better to conduct it more opaquely and not so brazenly ? They know our necessity very well ever since we stopped every transfer business just to compete the de Jong deal.
Yeah you could well be right

sglowrider

Haven’t United made it difficult for themselves by leaving every other player business on hold and going all in for de Jong indicating Barcelona of our desperation and that he is the one we want at all costs thus weakening our own hand in negotiations? Wouldn’t it have been better to conduct it more opaquely and not so brazenly ? They know our necessity very well ever since we stopped every transfer business just to compete the de Jong deal.
They maybe and should be conducting other transactions opaquely -- we wouldn't know which is the definition of being opaque isn't it?

sepulturite

Jesus people talk about some posters being a broken record, your like a fecking shattered one :rolleyes:

Mainoldo

Nah. You were fine in the moyes summer too and will be fine if it happens again. Your same material makes you cool. You are a cool guy.
For a minimal fee I will take you under my wing.

You too can be a cool guy…
  • I’ll show you how many days on average are in a transfer window.

• We can explore the history of our spending budget (Gross and net)
  • Have a good old laugh at the days Matt Judge F’d up negotiations
  • Take a look back at deals we negotiated well
  • Explore other clubs f’ing up deals like Liverpool and VVD.

Kaushal

No, I’m good. Thank you.

TheDosser56

Manchester United and the club should've got the mates and stooges in the media such as Laurie Whitwell, Luckhurst, Ducker etc to link the club to Ruben Neves as a De Jong alternative (even if they have no intention of doing that deal it's called bluffing by saying United are prepared to walk away from De Jong and sign Ruben Neves because that would've got back to the Spanish Press and Barcelona ). Manchester United are letting Barcelona control the narrative because Manchester United have made it crystal clear and too obvious how desperate they are for De Jong (Ten Hags obsessed number 1 target and no transfers until De Jong is done) and have NO alternatives lined up which gives Barcelona all the negotiating power. Barcelona know Manchester United are in a weak position and will pay what they want eventually if they just Hold The Line long enough (Barcelona are relying on United getting desperate as time passes and the Glazier Dividends Payment tomorrow hitting the headlines and paying what they want) . And then United look like fools as what has the last 8 weeks negotiating been about if you don't get De Jong on a cut-price deal? Losing out on other targets or got the price increased for them. So any money potentially saved on De Jong is a false economy. Any video of "Murtough like a boss!" ala Woodward if/when De Jong is announced will look ridiculous if United get the pants pulled down by just paying what Barcelona wanted initially or more. The only way Manchester United can save face now is either get De Jong on a good price or they walk away because of Barcelona'a high demands and sign other places for good prices.

Any big other club would've made it clear to Barca they have a deadline and will walk away if we don't complete the deal within that timeframe. Manchester United are not acting like a big club anymore and that's the problem.. other smaller clubs almost pity us because of it.. Manchester United is still one of the biggest clubs in the World, can still attract great players and deserves better (even a smaller club like Brighton have better people negotiating transfer) but the people running it and the negotiating transfer team are just not good enough for a big club and one of the biggest clubs in the World. I dare say they are not even Premier League quality negotiators. This "New United" is just a lie. There's no evidence of the club running any differently and having a more streamlined approach to negotiating transfers ala Liverpool who can be leaked to a player at 9am in the morning and have them signed by 5pm in the afternoon.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Manchester United and the club should've got the mates and stooges in the media such as Laurie Whitwell, Luckhurst, Ducker etc to link the club to Ruben Neves as a De Jong alternative (even if they have no intention of doing that deal it's called bluffing by saying United are prepared to walk away from De Jong and sign Ruben Neves because that would've got back to the Spanish Press and Barcelona ). Manchester United are letting Barcelona control the narrative because Manchester United have made it crystal clear and too obvious how desperate they are for De Jong (Ten Hags obsessed number 1 target and no transfers until De Jong is done) and have NO alternatives lined up which gives Barcelona all the negotiating power. Barcelona know Manchester United are in a weak position and will pay what they want eventually if they just Hold The Line long enough (Barcelona are relying on United getting desperate as time passes and the Glazier Dividends Payment tomorrow hitting the headlines and paying what they want) . And then United look like fools as what has the last 8 weeks negotiating been about if you don't get De Jong on a cut-price deal? Losing out on other targets or got the price increased for them. So any money potentially saved on De Jong is a false economy. Any video of "Murtough like a boss!" ala Woodward if/when De Jong is announced will look ridiculous if United get the pants pulled down by just paying what Barcelona wanted initially or more. The only way Manchester United can save face now is either get De Jong on a good price or they walk away because of Barcelona'a high demands and sign other places for good prices.

Any big other club would've made it clear to Barca they have a deadline and will walk away if we don't complete the deal within that timeframe. Manchester United are not acting like a big club anymore and that's the problem.. other smaller clubs almost pity us because of it.. Manchester United is still one of the biggest clubs in the World, can still attract great players and deserves better (even a smaller club like Brighton have better people negotiating transfer) but the people running it and the negotiating transfer team are just not good enough for a big club and one of the biggest clubs in the World. I dare say they are not even Premier League quality negotiators. This "New United" is just a lie. There's no evidence of the club running any differently and having a more streamlined approach to negotiating transfers ala Liverpool who can be leaked to a player at 9am in the morning and have them signed by 5pm in the afternoon.
Nice to see you back here, Matt 'bitter' Judge!

Herman Toothrot

I think your overplaying the whole "briefing" thing, which, as I've stated many a time, is pretty much a load of rubbish for bored people to whine about while hitting F5. At least people have stopped saying "smoke screen". Nobody is telling journalists things to keep you spending at the Megastore, there's no grand conspiracy in which you matter. It'll all be fine, it's a complicated deal, it'll most likely happen. Give your keyboard a break, enjoy the nice weather.

Chicharo

Sneijder, Fabregas, Pedro, Jadon (took us two years to get him)... I give up, next time I will appear on this thread is when we have actually signed someone

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sneijder, Fabregas, Pedro, Jadon (took us two years to get him)... I give up, next time I will appear on this thread is when we have actually signed someone
you're doubting the new structure lead by Murtough and Fletcher?

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Time to start the leaks of our "interest" in Ismail Bennacer & Fabian Ruiz as alternatives to apply the pressure on Barca

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Another morning, and here I am doing my morning shit disappointed with the lack of new tweet updates. :(

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The moment Barcelona activates the economic levers, they will be able to sign normally.
This is what Javier Tebas said a few days ago: " They are working and I hope they do well because we don't like their situation. But if they make certain levers they will be able to make signings."
Link to the quote?

Redcy

So why don't the club just pay the asking fee and move on? They're not comfortable overpaying at the moment whether they're trying to improve the image of the club/ Genuinely not caring about the team or squad on the field. That I don't know.

But what I do know is they've sold so many players and released so many over the past 3 seasons that money or the wage bill can't be an issue this summer with so little first team players in the squad.

I'd sign Neves if Barca are going to take us to the cleaners that's all. Neves would be ours for around £50m.
Neves is a terrible replacement for de Jong, not similar in any way, now thats not to say he is a terrible player, and I am sure ETH could utilise him, but to do so would mean we would need to buy a much better CB because the ones we have got cannot make up for the shortcomings of Neves in that position, or we buy a top class defensive DM to do all the carrying work for him. Neves has terrible mobility and is not a driver with the ball, so we would also need other players.

People seem to think ETH only has one way of playing he has shown with Ajax he can coach different styles of teams, the one with de Jong/Ziyech, etc is very different to the one he just played with. For me it seems he has identified one of our big weaknesses is the defense, the way he used de Jong at Ajax would compensate for that, but there are v few players who can do what de Jong does, by dropping into a three at the back whilst the team moves to a 343, and he carries the ball out. ETH could move to a team like the current ajax team, but he would have to have better CBs. You cannot necessarily coach players to be better than they are at skills/pace/positioning, but what you can do is improve the team as a whole by better teamwork and having players who do specific things better.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives

This looks like a good offer.

Is this classroom, correspondence or online learning. Is there scope for more abstract discussions around height and vibes or are you advocating a more objective approach?

Would also need some kind of badge / certificate on completion to confirm I am, indeed, a cool guy too?

If you can get back to me toot sweet I can post my bank account details

Status
Not open for further replies.