Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Not really, will pop in now and again to take the temperature but in a thread like this when people are reacting to every obscure tweet it could get a bit exhausting to follow continuously.

Let people whinge, like match day threads, there are 2 certainties, people contributing hyperbolic whinging and those over dramatically whinging about that previous whinging. Nature of the beast and how some deal with stress.
Normally do but when it starts destroying other peoples enjoyment of the boards we have to act. Most of those removed should have been done years ago. Some of them acted immaturely in pms asking them to take a breather before they post. Others acted very maturely and I thank them for that. Anyway enough about that

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I take them with a pinch of salt because I think they’re not true but Sport are saying he’s refusing to leave again.

AndySmith1990

You take them too seriously fella. Come on it’s usually a laugh in here, tracking flights and so on. Everyone is a miserable twat in here this summer. It’s more toxic
I remember lurking on here years back and some of the transfer threads were great, especially when there were a couple posters who created funny gifs (guys called Codex and Ole or something similar)
We could do with more of that

golden_blunder

Staff
I remember lurking on here years back and some of the transfer threads were great, especially when there were a couple posters who created funny gifs (guys called Codex and Ole or something similar)
Olly. Brilliant at gifs. Those are the days that a transfer forum brings life to everyone!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
That would actually require effort and thought and im afraid it's too much to ask :lol:

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
The Thiago thread circa 2013 is the gold standard.

The Pogba one was also very good, my rendition of "we've gone and bought Paul Pogba" to the tune of "We didn't start the fire" was a highlight.

Tevez and Berbatov's were both very good also.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah seems that way :lol:

Yesterday they said we were negotiating personal terms!
You're all wrong.

John Murtough, who is just another Woodward and can't negotiate, working for Manchester United, who are just buying big names that don't fit the right system, are negotiating with Barcelona, who always take us to the cleaners like every other club, for frenkie De jong, who doesn't want to play for a shit team like ours. If it happens then it'll be because Frenkie is a fat version of Di Maria. We should've bought Maalmaromadramama from Malatasaray because even though nobody has seen him play he's an FM wonderkid.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Just seen him speaking In English. Was surprisingly good. Is it common that Dutch people speak good English?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
You're all wrong.

John Murtough, who is just another Woodward and can't negotiate, working for Manchester United, who are just buying big names that don't fit the right system, are negotiating with Barcelona, who always take us to the cleaners like every other club, for frenkie De jong, who doesn't want to play for a shit team like ours. If it happens then it'll be because Frenkie is a fat version of Di Maria. We should've bought Maalmaromadramama from Malatasaray because even though nobody has seen him play he's an FM wonderkid.
:lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Just seen him speaking In English. Was surprisingly good. Is it common that Dutch people speak good English?
They all speak perfect English. It's difficult to direct American tourists to the nearest brothel without speaking the lingo.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Yes. I’m pretty sure it’s the European country that speaks English the most, of all without it as an official language.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
In general Germania language speakers that I've met speak it very nicely.
Aside from the Germans themselves that is.

GazTheLegend

I’m convinced they just flick a coin; heads he leaves, tails he stays
Want the truth as far as I see it or can tell? We agreed a deal weeks ago with both player and club. Remember when Spurs started randomly splashing tens of millions on various players (Lamela etc) BEFORE they sold Gareth Bale? It's a way to maintain leverage and claim paucity of funds while you know full well there's 80m coming in.

The same thing happened with Sancho - we'd agreed everything with player and club until his agent demanded 40m pounds as a fee, which we baulked at, having already agreed a deal with Dortmund. That was why we were so shocked not to sign him that first summer: we felt once the agent dropped his demands, which he did, that we would go ahead with it. Dortmund / Zorc held fast and maintained that the date for selling was past, even though it wasn't our fault exactly, and left it till the summer after.

de Jong is done and we're just sort of seeing the various political ways it can be played out. His camp are saying he "doesn't want to leave" because it keeps Barcelona's fans happy, etc. but there's no WAY we get this far through the negotiation without some idea of whether he would actually join us - which he clearly would.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Any truth to the reports about him "resisting a move"?
As Romero said earlier, this theory is senseless. Why would a player wait a month to tell his club and the club that wants him that he is going nowhere? Unless De Jong and his agent are professional trolls, that theory is dubious.

golden_blunder

Staff
How the hell would we know? I doubt anyone here knows him personally.
I’m going with the fact that the deal is almost concluded, United wouldn’t have done that if they knew the lad was resistant. EtH has spoken with him directly and got the go ahead needed. These stories are just fiction

Red the Bear

Something less generic
As Romero said earlier, this theory is senseless. Why would a player wait a month to tell his club and the club that wants him that he is going nowhere? Unless De Jong and his agent are professional trolls, that theory is dubious.
I wouldn't even be mad if that happened :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.