Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Well if true I'm amazed he has let us waste our time negotiating with barca for so long.

Dempsey19

We wouldn't spend this bloody long negotiating a fee if we didn't get the go ahead from FDJ himself. This is a done dealio.

RatPack

I don't know why. But got a bad feeling this deal will not get done and we once again have waisted our time.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Remember the fact that we swooped for Tyrell so quickly is because we know the fee of FDJ. We wouldn't have swooped for him if the FDJ deal wasn't basically concluded. It was always the case other targets would have to wait for FDJ first so we know the remainder of the budget.

Think this is just a non-starter of a story.

Mainoldo

Suppose. Adds nicely to the storyline. The negative nelly’s will lap it up and blame the club for trying to buy a player who clearly doesn’t want to be here.

Paying zero attention that Barca is using the money to get players like Lewa over the line.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
It's NOT a done dealio until he signs. He can change his mind at any time, and who but us could begrudge him that? He's playing for his dream club, after all. Maybe he's fine with a salary cut.

Last edited:

Smores

Remember the fact that we swooped for Tyrell so quickly is because we know the fee of FDJ. We wouldn't have swooped for him if the FDJ deal wasn't basically concluded. It was always the case other targets would have to wait for FDJ first so we know the remainder of the budget.

Think this is just a non-starter of a story.
We most certainly didn't need to wait for FDJ to find out if we could spend 15million on a LB or not, we're not that broke ffs :lol:

Infestissumam

as if we'd spend weeks negotiating a deal for a player who wouldn't agree to join us :lol: nothing to see here. This will be done.

JuriM

The social media narrative of the so called "not want to join" will generate meme's and also clicks for the press outlets who run it - so obviously someone like AS picks it up and try to spin it favorable towards their agenda and use us for cheap clicks.

WPMUFC

The idea that Frenkie has had his agent in discussions continually telling both sides he refuses to leave and then both parties just ignore the agent for 7 weeks is something out of a monty python sketch. :lol:

Come on folks, don't be so gullible. :houllier:

WPMUFC

I also wonder if we are potentially using the 30th June dealine to get better terms on the addons?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The social media narrative of the so called "not want to join" will generate meme's and also clicks for the press outlets who run it - so obviously someone like AS picks it up and try to spin it favorable towards their agenda and use us for cheap clicks.
AS has a different angle, they say that De Jong doesn't accept the idea that he isn't needed by Barcelona, they also say that he is "happy" that United wants him and see him as a centerpiece.

But your point is true for Sport and Mundo Deportivo who are both catalan papers and tend to share Barcelona's point of view/propaganda.

buchansleftleg

I suspect there are some issues with the "back pay" he is potentially owed by Barca. Didn't they reduce wages during covid and promise they would pay it back?

I suspect this is behind the "refusing to leave" stories from Spanish press...leaving out the relevant fact that hes refusing to leave until Barca pay him what he is owed.

Withnail

I suspect there are some issues with the "back pay" he is potentially owed by Barca. Didn't they reduce wages during covid and promise they would pay it back?

I suspect this is behind the "refusing to leave" stories from Spanish press...leaving out the relevant fact that hes refusing to leave until Barca pay him what he is owed.
They also owe his agent some kind of payment.

imamuppet

Shock horror from Barca, "lets give Messi 20 trillion, billion, million" contract
But cut everyone else wages in the future.
It will be OK.
Now where is Jack ??
:lol:

diarm

We most certainly didn't need to wait for FDJ to find out if we could spend 15million on a LB or not, we're not that broke ffs :lol:
Maybe he means if we weren't spending so much on De Jong, there might have been a more expensive LB in our sights?

Iron Stove

It seems silly that he would refuse the transfer after such a long saga and this looking like a done deal, but it wouldn't be the first time so you never know until it's official.

iato89

Sun
Cuisine
Culture
Style
Beautiful women
Shops
Nightlife
Places to go
Beaches
Architecture
History
Security
Nicer people
An Accent you want to listen to

Just off the top of my head for now
Security?? Far far from it.
I am not from the Uk but from sunny Malta and everytime I come to Manchestee to watch games I have always met nice people.

Mainoldo

It's NOT a done dealio until he signs. He can change his mind at any time, and who but us could begrudge him that? He's playing for his dream club, after all. Maybe he's fine with a salary cut.
He can’t bloody change his mind because he is no longer required at the club. This isn’t a Phil Jones. You can stay if you want mate type of decision. These clubs don’t play. He will leave.

romufc

How do you know?

The conversations could have been as follows?

Its quite clear that we looking at 1 CM, CB, RW. Which means the budget is set for those players.

The plan was to go from 80m what Barca wanted to what we offering. The saving in one deal meant that ETH can spend £15m on another player.

Its not rocket science.

Fans like you syaing "we aint that broke" but it means we would have overspent by £30m if the club followed your way.

1. Pay the money for De Jong which would have been £15m more
2. Buy a LB for £15m.

£30m is alot of money.

Barthez

Look like its off guys. What a waste of 7 weeks. Better see who is left to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.