Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hughie77

Report. Now they want to keep him but his wages are an issue? So if there president wants to keep him why Agree a fee in the first place.

This is turning out to be a cluster feck so far. Unless Barca just want more money which it sounds like . They have to get this guy off there books or he takes a wage cut. Chelsea reported to be in the hunt as well, and imo that's another leak by someone for UTD to up the price.

Ffs . This needs to get over the line sharpish.

C'est Moi Cantona

I really don’t think he wants to leave Barca and we have been quite stingy with the cash. It’s over, no point crying over it. Just move on and get someone else.
It doesn't have be so final as been 'over', or as been 'done', like so many people have repeated over and over again on this thread.

The moment it's off United will do some sort of press briefing, either that or tell us we've signed him, until then either option could still happen.

Withnail

It might be as you've described, but you guys are also therein assuming logical decisions are being made where they haven't been for a long period of time. Negative? Sure, but hopefully things are changing albeit without any thus far empirical evidence.
Well, I'm entirely discounted the possibility that FDJ was told all along he needed to take a paycut and potentially displayed no interest in that until recently.

Real Name

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If de Jong reads the news about the Ronaldo chaos he will re-consider leaving.
Honestly I do not think he will be coming. But hope I am wrong.
If anything Ronaldo's leave would help his game. A static striker who requires everyone to support him cant be fun for a playmaker.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
If we don't wrap this up by the end of the week, we should move on. We cannot afford another season with this midfield. The board would be setting up Ten Hag for failure.

Ekeke

If FDJ didnt really want to come, the agent would have let Manchester United know its not possible. Its obvious that we are only in for him, because he wants to go. There is a actually a bigger process in transfer deals that many dont know about. Before a club decides to bid for a player, they will contact the agent and let them know of their interest. If the player announces that he is also interested, then they start communicating with the club. Obviously it took longer as Barcelona wanted a higher price but we knew that Barcelona will give in eventually, as FDJ was one of the top earners in the club. Basically if he stays, the club cannot give the same wages to Lewandowski.
If he wanted to go he would have told Barcelona that. He's said the opposite and never said otherwise.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
It looks likely to end up a straight up choice of:

• stay at the clusterfeck, financial ruin of a club that you joined 2 years ago and were completely fooled by all at the state of the club. In order to stay you’ll have to reduce your wages by 10m /year and play in a position that doesn’t get the best out of you.

• join your old manager in his new project, play in your preferred position with a man who got the best out of you. And take no pay cut, therefore earn 10m more /year and feel much more valued.

In a perfect World Xavi sees him in a deeper position and he needs only reduce his wage a little to stay, but nothing about this situation is “perfect” for Frenkie.
Considering that the reporting about this is not particularly transparent, take it with a grain of salt: Players like Pique, Busquets and Alba agreed to a fairly small wage reduction (~10%) and a big wage deferral. Players rarely just give up money. Barca can't force FdJ to do anything. He has a contract and thats it. My point is, that Barca would be willing to sell him. He is on insane wages, has high re-sale value and while he is a very good player, he isn't absolutely crucial in their system. I have a hard time to believe that Barca negotiated for month just as fake. The deals about the TV money were always mandatory regardless of what happens with FdJ, so it makes little sense, that the last few days would change anything. While transfer reporting is dodgy as feck, almost everyone reported, that the clubs had more or less agreed on the outline of a deal. If this deal falls through, its because of the player, not because of the clubs.

Acquire Me

This is negotiating. Laporta knows every trick in the book. It’s actually our next move that matters now.

Yakuza_devils

In summary:

1) If no paycut/significant paycut FDJ stay at Barca.

2) We are waiting for FDJ to sort it out with Barca

3) If FDJ comes to Man Utd he will get the same pay/payrise.

We are his safety nets if his negotiation with Barca failed. Hope he makes decision one way or another soon.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What Laporta said could just be PR things trying to defend the club’s image. But again, I also wondering what are these factors been mentioned by journalists that need to be aligned first.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Ronaldo wants to leave and FDJ is staying…all in a day! this club is cursed haha
If we’re believing both stories that have been put out, one club is saying that their player isn’t for sale and one is saying that their player must take a pay cut to stay..

You wouldn’t know which way around this was based on your post

cyberman

This is negotiating. Laporta knows every trick in the book. It’s actually our next move that matters now.
Hasn’t the deal been reportedly agreed, it’s just the structure of the add ons that’s being ironed out?
I can’t see how this helps at all

Keyser

If Laportas lips are moving then he is lying

They have players they cannot register due to wage bill

They prefer the local lads to Frenkie

He would have to take a paycut to stay

It's bluster to try and make him/the club look better when another player has to leave due to their mismanagement

sewey89

5/4 to stay at Barca
4/7 to join United

Money to be made if folk are convinced he’s staying

vanderpants

It's amazing how 90% of Twitter sources that said FDJ was a Utd player have now gone missing/quiet, just goes o show you who is legit and is credible

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It's amazing how 90% of Twitter sources that said FDJ was a Utd player have now gone missing/quiet, just goes o show you who is legit and is credible
It's also funny how none of them have said anything has changed despite the quotes. If things had changed we'd know by now as these twitter journos love to get news out there asap.

If United brief today that they're walking away then you can worry, until then what's the point? Literally no one has said anything to suggest things aren't as before. Laporta saying what he has changes nothing, my opinion is its to lay the groundwork for saying we had no choice but to sell, he wouldn't accept a pay cut, FFP meant we had to sell etc...

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I mean, I'm happy for him to stay at Barca if he so desperately wants to be part of that bankrupt circus.

Where they will struggle and he will be a rotation player, earning big money but he'll probably be back on the market in 24 months due to falling out of favour.

The BCN fans aren't enamoured with him either.

Withnail

Hasn’t the deal been reportedly agreed it’s just the structure of the add ons that’s being ironed out?

The add-ons are seemingly proving difficult to agree on. The story all along was that Barcelona wanted to at least break even on what they paid for him. It stands to reason that they will want easily attainable add-ons (so they can say they've got their money back), while we will want harder to achieve add-ons. We're talking €20m so it's a significant piece of business.

Mainoldo

OpenIntrovert

If anything Ronaldo's leave would help his game. A static striker who requires everyone to support him cant be fun for a playmaker.
All strikers require support and they, including Ronaldo, are not static. A striker is not one who goes around looking and chasing the ball, rather their main skill is to pick positions where they can receive the ball and create/finish chances from there. The positions can be anywhere in the opponent's half as long as the striker knows how to pick the best space. In that sense, they are never static since they are always moving. So De Jong will certainly be happy if Ronaldo is there to receive his passes. If you mean static as in Ronaldo only stays at the final third, that is also not true as Ronaldo has dropped deep to receive the ball sometimes and he is also capable of dribbling past one or two players to have a better opportunity.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
If we’re believing both stories that have been put out, one club is saying that their player isn’t for sale and one is saying that their player must take a pay cut to stay..

You wouldn’t know which way around this was based on your post
No idea what to believe. I’d probably ignore my just woke up fuzzy headed post!

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Can someone give a summary of the last 24 hours here? Way too many posts to try to go through on a Sunday morning

Acquire Me

Hasn’t the deal been reportedly agreed, it’s just the structure of the add ons that’s being ironed out?
They want more of the money up front, so I guess that is the last bit of business to be iron out.

I think it will be done the coming week.

Yakuza_devils

Just imagine if Arnold comes out and say a certain player not for sale and will do everything to keep him and he is being sold a few weeks later.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Can someone give a summary of the last 24 hours here? Way too many posts to try to go through on a Sunday morning
Joan Laporta has said Frenkie de Jong isn't for sale and he will do everything in his power to keep him, but he must reduce his salary as its an issue.

No reputable sources have mentioned it as anything that has changed, some say United have been dealt a blow but then just reference the comments that's it.

People on here have lost their shit and said its dead in the water, we've been played etc...

Flexdegea

Guys, stop quoting Laporta on Messi. When he said that, he actually believed Messi would stay because Tebas assured him Barca signing LaLigas cvc deal allows them to keep Messi. But then Florentino Perez called Laporta and reminded him cvc deal will be for 50 years and it prevents their superleague. So Laporta had to chose between 2-3 years Messi and a bad cvc deal, which also prevents the superleague for 50 years or release Messi. He chose the latter.

Right now it's a different story. Frenkie has his Bartomeu contract which guarantees him an absurd amount starting this season. Way above the new wage limit Laporta's board set. Barca doesn't want to sell Frenkie, but they also want to reduce their wage bill. So there is a possibility to sell Frenkie if he doesn't agree to the new wage limit. But if Frenkie loves it so much in barcelona and he agrees to do without Bartomeus promised money there will be no selling. In terms of liquidity, barca needs no money. They will activate the 2nd lever and sell the 15% tv money for round about €400m which will take the pressure of LaLiga's ffp.

In the end, it will depend only on Frenkie. The negotiations between those clubs take place in case Frenkie decides to leave. No one can force him.

This is almost as bad as some of the shite our fans come out with regarding players loving us :lol:

You asking your own question there, why would they be commenting on crap.

As someone said fill your boots with the bet :lol:

AndySmith1990

Some tit who runs Barcelona spoke some bollocks about wanting to keep do Jong, and now everyone has wet the bed and given up believing we'll sign him, despite being close to a full agreement as reported by several very reliable sources

Just imagine if Arnold comes out and say a certain player not for sale and will do everything to keep him and he is being sold a few weeks later.
Just imagine Arnold had a history of this, would will believe a word he says next time?

If Arnold said, “we want Ronaldo to stay, he wants to stay, but he’ll need to take a massive paycut”, would we really think the player is staying? Because that’s exactly what he’s said here man.

sewey89

No idea what to believe. I’d probably ignore my just woke up fuzzy headed post!
:lol: I wasn’t trying to dig you out by the way.. just that I’ve seen a lot on here which is basically gospel that Ronaldo goes and De Jong stays.. but if we’re believing that FDJ is staying based on Laporta, why aren’t we thinking CR will stay based on Utd saying he’s not for sale..?

For what it’s worth, I think both will move

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Do you mean like the first time we sold Ronaldo? Who was haply here, thinking only about Manchester, had a manager that was adamant that we wouldn't sell him to Real etc... then look what happened.

We're talking about a president that is elected by the fans. He will do and say anything he can to ensure that he stays on their good side. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if he starts rambling on about bringing Messi "home" soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.