Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

And what is this 'main source' please?
Romero, who seesm to be spot on with Barca moves since Laporta returned.
The follow up stories make no sense if you think about it, Romero is either spot on or not. its being treated as if its half pregnant which just doesn't line up.
90 percent of reports say we opened negotiations anyway, not many from what im seeing are flat out saying he doesn't want to come

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Seeing him in Oranje makes me sad about what ever the feck they're trying to make him do at Barcelona playing in a a Donny van de Beekish role as an attacking midfielder.
What a wasted indeed. He can come here and let ETH shows the world how good this guy can be if he is used properly.

Xavi Asks FDJ Not To Go Looking For The Ball

[SPOILER="Recently, Xavi Hernández revealed that he had a very productive talk with Frenkie de Jong about his role in the team and what the coaching staff expects from him. That meeting came after the Dutch midfielder showed his anger clearly after being substituted during the match against Rayo Vallecano . As soon as he left the field of play, the Dutch midfielder showed his displeasure at Xavi 's decision , threw his shin guards on the pitch and instead of staying on the bench he went directly to the locker room, although minutes later he went to the bench to finish watching the game. match with his teammates.

After this episode, Xavi had a conversation with the Dutch footballer because there are tactical aspects that he thinks he needs to improve in order to grow in his game. In fact, as MD learned, the technical staff asked him to be patient when the ball came out. At Ajax they asked him to be the one to look for the ball and take it to the area. Instead, what they ask him here is to wait for the ball to reach him from behind the opponent's line of pressure. In some important games, like the one at the Santiago Bernabéu , he did it and everything went well. However, the technicians detect that when he does not participate in the game, De Jong gets nervous and goes to where the ball is, standing next to Busquets .and somewhat occupying his position.

This positional departure from the Dutchman blurs the team and creates spaces for the rival to attack. This happened especially in the match against Rayo Vallecano , when he ended up being substituted. The technicians are working a lot on these details with Frenkie because they believe in him and that he has everything to be an interior like the one Xavi wants to accompany Pedri in the 4-3-3 tactical system that Xavi Hernández 's Barça usually draws .
[/SPOILER]

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Whilst I completely agree, the CL argument is an interesting one. For instance, Tottenham recently got to a CL final, may well qualify this year, and have a world class coach in situe. But would De Jong therefore go to Spurs? No I don’t see it. I don’t see any big names going there.
I’m not to sure about that mate, players can be easily persuaded by a world class manager and who has a record of winning trophies. Plus if they did make CL football then they’ll attract more quality players. Also some players prefer London clubs as it’s a better lifestyle for them down there

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I’m not to sure about that mate, players can be easily persuaded by a world class manager and who has a record of winning trophies. Plus if they did make CL football then they’ll attract more quality players. Also some players prefer London clubs as it’s a better lifestyle for them down there

at 17:26 Owen was asked if he has a choice to play for Spurs under Conte or Man United under ETH right now on a current condition, he picked Man United because of the size of the club, the history of the club and the fan base that they are similar to Barcelona and Real Madrid.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
ETH apparently wants to midfielders, so assuming rumours are to believed, that could be two starting midfielders, which means it could easily change to something like:

Van de Beek
De Jong Tchouameni

Is that better? :p
Try someone that is at least more realistic than Tchouameni.:p

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Do you think Barcelona are going to sell De Jong for €50M?

Same as above. To dream is to think that Barcelona are going to sell De Jong for that price.
You keep missing the point, De Jong since his move to Barca hasn't done anything which enhances the original price Barca paid for him. As of now, he is an asset they could cash out on.

Clubs know Barca financial situation and how desperate they are for cash, they hold no bargaining chip in this transfer whatsoever.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
You keep missing the point, De Jong since his move to Barca hasn't done anything which enhances the original price Barca paid for him. As of now, he is an asset they could cash out on.

Clubs know Barca financial situation and how desperate they are for cash, they hold no bargaining chip in this transfer whatsoever.
Keep dreaming mate. The first 2 seasons he was their most importart player next to Messi. He is still young and coming into his prime. This season he has been average but played out of position mostly. They will want a minimum of 70 million Euros for him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

at 17:26 Owen was asked if he has a choice to play for Spurs under Conte or Man United under ETH right now on a current condition, he picked Man United because of the size of the club, the history of the club and the fan base that they are similar to Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Don’t get me wrong a lot of people will still choose us but are we really still going of history? I honestly believe spurs are closer to trophies at the minute then we are. Some players might want to see if we progress under ten Hag before committing to joining us… we all know his style of play is better then contes so that goes in our favour. We obviously have one of the biggest fan bases in Europe. Depends what the player wants and wether or not there happy to be apart of a rebuild.

Walters_19_MuFc

Keep dreaming mate. The first 2 seasons he was their most importart player next to Messi. He is still young and coming into his prime. This season he has been average but played out of position mostly. They will want a minimum of 70 million Euros for him.
How much did they pay for him?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
So much nonsense floating around that I can’t really be arsed to follow this until something changes. In the last few days we’ve read that it’s “95% certain” or “not really likely”, and that De Jong “Does not want to join a club in the Europa league” but “wishes to join Ten Hag again”.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Some reports in Dutch media that City and PSG are also seriously interested. City would be a good fit, but very boring club and PSG would be the lamest fecking move ever.

I really hope you lot sign him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
A r t h u r ' d

Some reports in Dutch media that City and PSG are also seriously interested. City would be a good fit, but very boring club and PSG would be the lamest fecking move ever.

It can only benefit the Dutch national team, too. Playing week in, week out in his favoured position will only make him better, and we already see how good he is in the position for you despite not playing said position at club level since 2019 at Ajax.

OleGunnar20

Brilliant as he may be, if he isn't dying to come here then I dont want him personally.

We can't rebuild the mentality of this squad until we get a foundation of players who see this team as the pinnacle for them, I truly believe that. Nobody can be half in half out at this point, we haven't got that luxury.

I hope with ETH coming in though he'll be up for it as he's no doubt a brilliant player, and barca seem keen to sell.

El-Manos

Brilliant as he may be, if he isn't dying to come here then I dont want him personally.

We can't rebuild the mentality of this squad until we get a foundation of players who see this team as the pinnacle for them, I truly believe that. Nobody can be half in half out at this point, we haven't got that luxury.

I hope with ETH coming in though he'll be up for it as he's no doubt a brilliant player, and barca seem keen to sell.
ETH’s first battle it seems.

Davie Moyes

Cheers fella.

I hope City are not interested as they already have a few of this type of midfielder. Also hope he's not interested in PSG and the French league.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

As an estimate, I would guess that applies to probably about 30% of transfers at the top level.

Suv666

Sounds like he'll be on the move. If City and PSG are in for him, I dont fancy our chances tbh.
Is his realtionship with ETH stronger than the lure of guaranteed CL football and a bucket load of silverware? Guess we'll see

Fridge chutney

United are the bookies' heavy favourites to land De Jong.

It is:
United 1/4
City 8/1
Newcastle, Arsenal, Pool and a bunch of others at 28/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.