Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Don’t get me wrong a lot of people will still choose us but are we really still going of history? I honestly believe spurs are closer to trophies at the minute then we are. Some players might want to see if we progress under ten Hag before committing to joining us… we all know his style of play is better then contes so that goes in our favour. We obviously have one of the biggest fan bases in Europe. Depends what the player wants and wether or not there happy to be apart of a rebuild.
How exactly is Spurs closer to trophies than us ? Unless you see top 4 as a trophy ? I would say, we have a bigger chance of winning EL than Spurs winning CL next year.

Domestic cups - it's as good as anyone's.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
We are really broke and have some very interesting youngters in his position. So I think if United really go for him we'll sell him.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Sounds like Barcelona will sell for a decent price and its more a case of convincing De Jong to come to us. That's where the stumbling block is going to be.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’m not to sure about that mate, players can be easily persuaded by a world class manager and who has a record of winning trophies. Plus if they did make CL football then they’ll attract more quality players. Also some players prefer London clubs as it’s a better lifestyle for them down there
I’d be surprised if Conte is still there next season

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We are really broke and have some very interesting youngters in his position. So I think if United really go for him we'll sell him.
Barca's situation aside how would you rate him as a midfielder for us to build our new possesion based team around?

Redlyn

How exactly is Spurs closer to trophies than us ? Unless you see top 4 as a trophy ? I would say, we have a bigger chance of winning EL than Spurs winning CL next year.

Domestic cups - it's as good as anyone's.
Agree with you, just by the way, spurs could also still win the EL next year.

Andersons Dietician

I’m not really willing to believe this is even an option but if it was feel like we’d still need a DM. I know he’s not really a DM but DeJong and Tchouameni just makes sense. I like Fred and all but again he’s a player that is better when he’s allowed to go forward and not have as much positional defensive responsibilities.

So DeJong and a DM

Banana Republic

........I hope City are not interested as they already have a few of this type of midfielder..............
City will be in the market for exactly this type of player.
Fernandinho is 37 and coming to the end of his time at City, probably leaving in a few weeks time at the end of this season.
Also, Gündoğan is 32 in a few months time and although he's likely to be still there for a couple more years, he's already being played less than over the previous few seasons.

If City need to buy any players this summer, it'll be a striker (already a done deal) and a new central midfield player.
FDJ fits right in there.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Don’t get me wrong a lot of people will still choose us but are we really still going of history? I honestly believe spurs are closer to trophies at the minute then we are. Some players might want to see if we progress under ten Hag before committing to joining us… we all know his style of play is better then contes so that goes in our favour. We obviously have one of the biggest fan bases in Europe. Depends what the player wants and wether or not there happy to be apart of a rebuild.
The only reason player chooses Spurs over United if players used to work with Conte and at the same time players rate Conte very highly and belive that Conte can execute the project. This logic applies to FDJ that he would still choose us over Bayern, City and Liverpool because he used to work with ETH and at the same time he rates ETH and believe that ETH can execute the project and get the best out of him. Of course, if he doesn't rate ETH then the managerial factor is not there.

So other than that managerial factor, no players would choose Spurs over United. Man United are still bigger club with greater resources means they can always come back to the winning way. Just like what Tuchel said: ''Man United are huge club, they will always recover''

croadyman

called it a while back its on like donkey kong
So you honestly believe he could sign then, can Erik sell his vision is the big question. Like I said he needs to make him feel he's the cornerstone of our new look midfield

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
City will be in the market for exactly this type of player.
Fernandinho is 37 and coming to the end of his time at City, probably leaving in a few weeks time at the end of this season.
Also, Gündoğan is 32 in a few months time and although he's likely to be still there for a couple more years, he's already being played less than over the previous few seasons.

If City need to buy any players this summer, it'll be a striker (already a done deal) and a new central midfield player.
FDJ fits right in there.

I think they will be targeting a left back next.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's probably more realistic than De Jong.
Why people making it sounds like Tchouameni used to work with ETH while De Jong never rate ETH so Tchouameni is more realistic than De Jong?

De Jong has managerial reason to choose us. What is Tchouameni reason to choose us over others who are currently being mentioned as the frontrunners? None.

croadyman

Why people making it sounds like Tchouameni used to work with ETH while De Jong never rate ETH.

De Jong has managerial reason to chooses us. What is Tchouameni reason to choose us over others who are currently being mentioned as the frontrunners?
Yeah at least with him there is a connection whereas don't give us a prayer with Tchouameni

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm also referring to the knockout games. As an Ajax fan, i've seen every match they played the past 20 years. The fact that you are wrong isn't a problem. The fact that you can't see that you're wrong and continuing to post wrong thing is.
De Jong wasn't the 6(not that Ajax played with a conventional 6 anyway). De Jong was an 8, like VDB was an 8.

You know that a midfield 3 can consist of multiples of a type right? There are sides with 2 DM's, sides with 1 dm, 1 cm and 1 am. So many options. But the Ajax team consisted of 3 cm's. 1 deeper one(Schone) and 2 8s(VDB and De Jong, with VDB being the more attacking one). Not a single DM in that team, but it really worked because all 3 midfielders knew what they had to do to make it work. Schone was an attacking midfielder/winger, no way it should've worked, but it did. That is something we can hope Ten Hag gets working here. VDB fits into that system and if we also got De Jong, it's gonna be great.
If we did buy DJ and start playing DVB, how does Bruno fit in? As a wide attacker?

And it all relies on someone who can play it, is mobile, but is defensive, playing deep, which was the big problem this year.

Tarrou

So you honestly believe he could sign then, can Erik sell his vision is the big question. Like I said he needs to make him feel he's the cornerstone of our new look midfield
yes mate I’ve called it

donkey kong

It’s frenkie goes to Hollywood time

Walters_19_MuFc

Why people making it sounds like Tchouameni used to work with ETH while De Jong never rate ETH so Tchouameni is more realistic than De Jong?

De Jong has managerial reason to choose us. What is Tchouameni reason to choose us over others who are currently being mentioned as the frontrunners? None.
For the same reason Bellingham chose Dortmund over us and other elite clubs being mentioned. He'd have one look at our midfield and think he'd be playing regular football. Would the same be said at Chelsea, Liverpool and Madrid? No, I don't think it would. Yes, he'd play, but he'd be rotated quite often, in my opinion.

The project that ten Hag will sell be an exciting one. Everyone is aware of what we want and the type of football ten Hag plays.

That being said, if I had a choice of the two, I'd go for De Jong any day of the week. Regards a tough tackling, dynamic midfielders, there's so many more other options. A player like De Jong; however, doesn't come round every day.

Rangnick, pundits and fans have been harping on about how we need to control games more. We need someone in the midfield who can not only pass, but have the ability to keep onto the ball under pressure. The more players we have like that, the more we can peg teams back and become a dominant force.

I'd be equally as happy with De Jong and someone like Sangare, for example.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm also referring to the knockout games. As an Ajax fan, i've seen every match they played the past 20 years. The fact that you are wrong isn't a problem. The fact that you can't see that you're wrong and continuing to post wrong thing is.
De Jong wasn't the 6(not that Ajax played with a conventional 6 anyway). De Jong was an 8, like VDB was an 8.

You know that a midfield 3 can consist of multiples of a type right? There are sides with 2 DM's, sides with 1 dm, 1 cm and 1 am. So many options. But the Ajax team consisted of 3 cm's. 1 deeper one(Schone) and 2 8s(VDB and De Jong, with VDB being the more attacking one). Not a single DM in that team, but it really worked because all 3 midfielders knew what they had to do to make it work. Schone was an attacking midfielder/winger, no way it should've worked, but it did. That is something we can hope Ten Hag gets working here. VDB fits into that system and if we also got De Jong, it's gonna be great.
Even Ajax fans on YouTube said he’s a 6. At 5:10

Both Schone and FDJ were the double pivot in your Ajax team. He’s more no 6 in double pivot.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Imagine we signed the 2 ex Ajax lads and Tielemans for crazy money. All players we could have picked up on cheap and without competition just after we faced (and surely scouted) them in the EL.
It's odd because we were heavily limited to de ligt but he said we were never ever in for him

Relevated

I’m not really willing to believe this is even an option but if it was feel like we’d still need a DM. I know he’s not really a DM but DeJong and Tchouameni just makes sense. I like Fred and all but again he’s a player that is better when he’s allowed to go forward and not have as much positional defensive responsibilities.

So DeJong and a DM
He is a dm

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
For the same reason Bellingham chose Dortmund over us and other elite clubs being mentioned. He'd have one look at our midfield and think he'd be playing regular football. Would the same be said at Chelsea, Liverpool and Madrid? No, I don't think it would. Yes, he'd play, but he'd be rotated quite often, in my opinion.

The project that ten Hag will sell be an exciting one. Everyone is aware of what we want and the type of football ten Hag plays.

That being said, if I had a choice of the two, I'd go for De Jong any day of the week. Regards a tough tackling, dynamic midfielders, there's so many more other options. A player like De Jong; however, doesn't come round every day.

Rangnick, pundits and fans have been harping on about how we need to control games more. We need someone in the midfield who can not only pass, but have the ability to keep onto the ball under pressure. The more players we have like that, the more we can peg teams back and become a dominant force.

I'd be equally as happy with De Jong and someone like Sangare, for example.
Well, if you use that Bellingham's logic then you should use it on FDJ because he'd have one look at City and Bayern midfield and think he'd be playing regular football. By using the same logic on either players means FDJ is more realistic than Tchouameni because FDJ has more factors to choose United than Tchouameni.

Come on, let's be honest here. You can't use Bellingham's logic here on the two players. Both Tchouameni and FDJ have already went through the stage of Bellingham at Dortmund when they were/are in Ajax and Monaco. Their next step obviously wouldn't be the same with Belingham at Dortmund step anymore. Thus, the comparison is invalid. If playing regular football is what Tchouameni needs then stay at Monaco.

Idxomer

Imagine we signed the 2 ex Ajax lads and Tielemans for crazy money. All players we could have picked up on cheap and without competition just after we faced (and surely scouted) them in the EL.
And in that same season, we also faced Hull City 4 times and could've easily picked both Robertson and Maguire for less than 30m after they got relegated.

Relevated

What a wasted indeed. He can come here and let ETH shows the world how good this guy can be if he is used properly.

Xavi Asks FDJ Not To Go Looking For The Ball

[SPOILER="Recently, Xavi Hernández revealed that he had a very productive talk with Frenkie de Jong about his role in the team and what the coaching staff expects from him. That meeting came after the Dutch midfielder showed his anger clearly after being substituted during the match against Rayo Vallecano . As soon as he left the field of play, the Dutch midfielder showed his displeasure at Xavi 's decision , threw his shin guards on the pitch and instead of staying on the bench he went directly to the locker room, although minutes later he went to the bench to finish watching the game. match with his teammates.

After this episode, Xavi had a conversation with the Dutch footballer because there are tactical aspects that he thinks he needs to improve in order to grow in his game. In fact, as MD learned, the technical staff asked him to be patient when the ball came out. At Ajax they asked him to be the one to look for the ball and take it to the area. Instead, what they ask him here is to wait for the ball to reach him from behind the opponent's line of pressure. In some important games, like the one at the Santiago Bernabéu , he did it and everything went well. However, the technicians detect that when he does not participate in the game, De Jong gets nervous and goes to where the ball is, standing next to Busquets .and somewhat occupying his position.

This positional departure from the Dutchman blurs the team and creates spaces for the rival to attack. This happened especially in the match against Rayo Vallecano , when he ended up being substituted. The technicians are working a lot on these details with Frenkie because they believe in him and that he has everything to be an interior like the one Xavi wants to accompany Pedri in the 4-3-3 tactical system that Xavi Hernández 's Barça usually draws .
[/SPOILER]

This is good because we need players who look for the bustard ball

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
And in that same season, we also faced Hull City 4 times and could've easily picked both Robertson and Maguire for less than 30m after they got relegated.
Total rebuild minus a striker - less than 100 million. People will say oh we took a chance on amad and Pellistri but who is the last young player we’ve signed for the first team who was playing regularly and starting to make waves? We've since failed with Haaland and Bellingham and that’s about it. That’s the crucial market from a value perspective

R'hllor

Its not question of quality but everything else, from stuff i saw, rather pass on this one.

El-Manos

I do think ETH would get the best version out of him but a lot would depend on De Jong's hunger to succeed in the premier league too. I hope we only proceed with this signing providing he actually wants to be here. I would swiftly jog on to the next target if we need to convince him to come to be honest.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Barca's situation aside how would you rate him as a midfielder for us to build our new possesion based team around?
He hasn't performed as well as he did for Ajax. But Barcelona as a team has been shite the last three years so nobody not named Messi has actually played as well as before. Next season is going to be much better i'm sure of It and De Jong could have finally show his best football but I think we won't see it for financial reasons.

Kaushal

Tielemens didn’t play for Ajax.

croadyman

He hasn't performed as well as he did for Ajax. But Barcelona as a team has been shite the last three years so nobody not named Messi has actually played as well as before. Next season is going to be much better i'm sure of It and De Jong could have finally show his best football but I think we won't see it for financial reasons.
So you feel could potentially be sold then

Status
Not open for further replies.