Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suv666

Has there been any reports on what De Jong wants?
I know both United and Barca are interested in the deal

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We have 200 million deficit. We just sold Coutinho for 20 so still 180 to go.
I don't know much about La Liga rule but can you please tell us why you can't register any players if you haven't sell some of them before 30th June 2022?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The fact that xavi didn't deny that he's sellable means he is on the market.
Hope we finalize it rather fast.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Has there been any reports on what De Jong wants?
I know both United and Barca are interested in the deal
I think we can be pretty sure leaving Barca to come to us wouldn't be something he'd be delighted about.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I don't know much about La Liga rule but can you please tell us why you can't register any players if you haven't sell some of them before 30th June 2022?
It's hard to explain. The wage bill of spanish clubs can only be 70% of the club's income. If you are over that line, you can only register a new player if you first reduce the same wage 4 times. For example: for Barca to register Christensen who earns 5 million a year we firstt have to get rid of 20 million in salaries. Unless we finally get below the 70% when that rules doesn't apply.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Certainly sounds like they're trying hard not to upset him, but at the same time say sorry you're disposable.

Lets hope we can convince him and the offer of first team football over rotation is enough.

Suv666

I think we can be pretty sure leaving Barca to come to us wouldn't be something he'd be delighted about.
Meh
Barca is not winning any meaningful silverware in the foreseeable future and their finances are shaky as well.
Sure, they might be more attractive than us but the margin isn't as huge as it would have been if we were comparing Barca pre Messi's departure.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Barca are going to sell him imo, and i'd be surprised if he doesn't end up at United with ten Hag being the decisive factor.

Superman123

Supports
Ajax
When Frenkie started in the Dutch team he changed our play by himself. The midfield problem was fixed by that. Eventough we had Wijnaldum, he could never bring what Frenkie did.
Frenkie never got to play at his own position at Barcelona. Coaches wanted to turn him into an 8/10 because he has speed. But he's at his best when he can help relieve pressure from the defense and build up the play from there. He can control the tempo of a game. He might be the ideal player you want right now and perfect with Ten Hag who knows how to use him.

NoPace

Sort of feel like Bayern will just let Lewandowski go, make Gnabry the 9 (which he wants to be), maybe dump Sabitzer too and spend big on De Jong and lock down their midfield forever.

NoPace

Barca are going to sell him imo, and i'd be surprised if he doesn't end up at United with ten Hag being the decisive factor.
It's probably a tough call. We'll build the midfield around him, but what a 60% chance we don't make the CL next year (is it 4 spots or 5 for england) and then it's 2 years without the CL and 3 without the knockouts for him, and his Dutch spot isn't in any jeopardy.

bosskeano

Xavi knows he's their best commodity and he's going to have to sell him this summer to really reinforce the squad like buying Lewandowski as hes said today

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's probably a tough call. We'll build the midfield around him, but what a 60% chance we don't make the CL next year (is it 4 spots or 5 for england) and then it's 2 years without the CL and 3 without the knockouts for him, and his Dutch spot isn't in any jeopardy.
Let’s see your working out there please.

Baneofthegame

Seems like it’s all aligning for him to be sold, still will only believe it when I see it, but with Lewandowskis situation as well it at least seems more likely than just some press talk.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It's hard to explain. The wage bill of spanish clubs can only be 70% of the club's income. If you are over that line, you can only register a new player if you first reduce the same wage 4 times. For example: for Barca to register Christensen who earns 5 million a year we firstt have to get rid of 20 million in salaries. Unless we finally get below the 70% when that rules doesn't apply.
Thanks

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Laliga calculates the salary cap based on quite a few factors. One of them is the debt dragged from other seasons. That's why Barcelona has a negative salary cap.

By exceeding this salary limit you cannot register new players or renew them if they end their contract. Unless you release wage bill.

Here are 2 rules:

1/4 - You can spend 1 euro for every four released.

1/3 - You can spend 1 euro for every 3 released if the contract you release is greater than 5% of the wage bill (Coutinho) . Last year this rule was 1/2.

caid

Who are the other big wage players left at Barcelona?
Ter Stegen im guessing is one but im struggling to think who else. Dembele?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Funnily enough for once I have no doubt that United and Barcelona can come to an agreement. My doubt is purely De Jong picking us over some of the others likely to join in. If the Ten Hag factor is enough though, would be fantastic. Think he'd be perfect, though of course we would need a DM next to him as well, a more physical player. Could see Ten Hag even using McTominay as such tbh, though ideally we could bring one in.

Blood Mage

This is one of those situations where you need the player to push for a move, but De Jong doesn't want to leave Barca so they hold all of the cards and can demand silly money. He'd be a dream signing but I think we need to move on.

Judas

Open to offers
This is one of those situations where you need the player to push for a move, but De Jong doesn't want to leave Barca so they hold all of the cards and can demand silly money. He'd be a dream signing but I think we need to move on.
They want money, so they're not going to ask for ridiculous money as then they risk missing out.

OmarUnited4ever

Based on some checking in google, Barcelona's transfer budget is (-144m euro), which means they have to sell before they can even sign players on free, and their hottest asset to sell is FDJ.

There is also bunch of "undesirables" that they want to sell next summer, like:

Coutinho (Sold for 20m euros)
Neto
Sergino Dest
Memphis Depay
Martin Braithwaite
Clement Lenglet
Samuel Umtiti
Oscar Mingueza

So assuming they get 70m euros for FDJ, plus the 20m they got for Coutinho, they still need to generate around 50m euros more, from the list above, I can see 3 players only that might fetch them 20m-30m each, Dest, Lenglet & Depay, but I'm speculating here as I'm not sure how much wages they are on.

The rest, I'm not sure they can get 15m for each, Mangueza is 22 only so they might get a decent fee if he is sold.

As for wages, FDJ's departure will help, as well as some of the names above, but if they need to keep Dembele, they need to re-sign him on lower wages.

All in all, they need to sell and generate funds to register their free transfers (Kessie & Christesen) and buy someone like Lewandowski

On Lewa, they can still sign him if they generate more than 144m euros, as his transfer fee and wages can be amortized to the length of his contract

GreatDane

No? The club wants to sell, we want to buy - it's up to them to pressure him and us to convince him.

NoPace

Let’s see your working out there please.
2 spots for 4 teams, so start with 50%, then I think Chelsea are ahead of us/Spurs/Arsenal for a reason so subtract a bit, then subtract some more for a random mid-table side (probably not in Europe) getting hot (West Ham will finish neck and neck with us and have a 10 better goal difference, and I could see them keeping Rice at least one more year, though they might be in Europe, but also some team that's good at stuff but has massively obvious flaws might fix them for a year like Wolves in attack or Brighton could get a 9 or Leicester could defend better) and then add a tiny bit for a possible City or Liverpool blow up.

I was really just trying to guess the betting odds once you take out the little tax for United being a "public team."

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Not a chance we’d be putting this much effort in if he had no interest in joining. This is absolutely happening

ti vu

Who are the other big wage players left at Barcelona?
Ter Stegen im guessing is one but im struggling to think who else. Dembele?
Griezmann, Memphis Depay.

Lenglet is not on high wage, but since he's now just a back up, and the situation at Barcelona, he's one of those they want to rid of, too

Status
Not open for further replies.