Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Barca are in some shite aren't they? There's no way they'd be discussing a transfer for him in normal circumstances. He would absolutely transform our midfield!

Perfect storm? Barca need money and use him wrongly. He’s happy to leave because he’s being played out of position and knows ETH will get the best out of him in a much more influential deeper position.

slored1

If he joins that's a good sign we are willing to back ETH this summer. Need an athletic grafter next to him though, someone like Tchouameni would be perfect.

Tchouameni
FDJ - Bruno

Not a bad group if we go this way.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Not sure of the source

EXCL: Manchester United have made a €65m offer for Frenkie de Jong, according to someone close to the deal. Barcelona is considering it

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What’s his record with injuries? He’d transform our midfield but I’d like another couple of midfielders in too.
Won’t matter, the second he turns up at United his leg will fall off.

caid

Have we bought anyone other than that cryuff lad from baraca?
Does Victor Valdes count? We got Pique from them before selling him back.
Theres a couple of others that played for both with a gap in between Sanchez, Ibrahimovic and Henrik Larsson played for both of us for a while.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Does Victor Valdes count? We got Pique from them before selling him back.
Theres a couple of others that played for both with a gap in between Sanchez, Ibrahimovic and Henrik Larsson played for both of us for a while.
Neither should count as we didn't buy them per say.

Giggsyking

Not sure of the source

EXCL: Manchester United have made a €65m offer for Frenkie de Jong, according to someone close to the deal. Barcelona is considering it
Reading the responses in the tweet from the barca fans, almost everyone said the same thing "87m for Maguire", they dont want to sell cheaper than Maguire.

OleGunnar20

As an estimate, I would guess that applies to probably about 30% of transfers at the top level.
Oh yeah, no doubt. But we're in a privileged position on one hand where we can set that as a pre requisite, and a bad position on the other where our squad is so rotten that we need to do that to rebuild this squads mentality to a healthy state.

Think of Evra, Vidic, RVP etc - how did they feel about moving to United? Were they delighted or just doing it for the paycheque? I think getting that back is an important factor in recruitment going forward, but appreciate that some will disagree.

BlueHaze

Don't think this will happen but if we do all of a sudden sign him it won't be long until De Ligt follows I'd put money on that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Don't think this will happen but if we do all of a sudden sign him it won't be long until De Ligt follows I'd put money on that.
Not sure that would be the best idea personally. Would prefer a quicker centre half.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He is but I couldn't find the original comment from him, just the mention from the utdreport tweet. Unless it's an article on the Athletic which I haven't got access to.
it’s in this tweet and the article

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He's no Ornstein/Stone/Nurse but he's pretty good.
I think he’s up there with them tbh. The Athletic is clearly number 1 now in terms of a ‘newspaper’. BBC seems to be slow, but rarely do they get it wrong. It’s more important to be right than first, etc

Woodzy

I’m starting to feeling like this done and all this stuff from the press and Barca are just going through the motions.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
:lol: :lol:

Closest I can get is 50% if you went stupidly layman terms. Chelsea, United, Spurs and Arsenal going for top 4 would put it at 50/50
That's just pure nonsense. Chelsea are on 70 points which is just 12 points more than us. That's 3 more wins from our worst season we ever had and we would comfortably fighting for 3rd. Now if you really think we can't get that, then I rest my case.

This is all ignoring the fact that England most probably would have 5 spots next year.

Vapor trail

Barca are in some shite aren't they? There's no way they'd be discussing a transfer for him in normal circumstances. He would absolutely transform our midfield!
There's also the reality that De Jong hasn't exactly performed to his expectations for their midfield.

Then consider the mercurial talent of Pedri, Busquets is still sufficient in his position. Gavi an emerging talent and Kessie coming into fold.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bit of that, bit of de Jong not being their future (Pedri/Gavi is their future, which needs a very different #6). Which isn't to say they are better than De Jong or have higher potential (it's close in reality), but they are just more "Barca" than De Jong. So might as well recoup 70m while in financial trouble and get his huge wages off the bill while basically still having the same future plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.