Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
This is all very well, but where are the tricky little turns into an opposition player, or running down a blind alley and then giving away possession? Next thing you'll be telling me he doesn't dye his hair or have his own fashion line to sell on the internet! Club has lost it's way clearly!

Sarcasm Alert!
:lol: so nearly got me!

To be fair, 2nd half of video he looked very good. Usually good compilations show the key moments rather than sideways passes.

My criticism of the video is not how I feel about the player. Think he is cracking and one who ETH has worked with extremely well in the past so will know exactly how to get the best out of him.

Kaos

I'm interpreting this in one of two ways. The optimistic angle is this is done dealio, De Jong is sold on the project but is being coy to save face with Barca fans, and its only a matter of time before this is wrapped up.

The depressing angle is this is dead in the water, the player just isn't interested and the radio silence is us trying to manage the embarrassment of being turned down.

Either way i'm bored already. Was hoping the drawn out sagas were a thing of the past with us. Clearly not.

justsomebloke

This video was like showing a highlights reel of DVB in a United shirt. Teaching 5 yard passes to Belgium...
That video was above all a lesson in the difference between Holland and Manchester United. See how he's got 2-3 different options in virtually every passing situation. Instead of circling with the ball trying to find 1, as so often seems to be the case for the poor sods trying to move the ball up at United.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
That video was above all a lesson in the difference between Holland and Manchester United. See how he's got 2-3 different options in virtually every passing situation. Instead of circling with the ball trying to find 1, as so often seems to be the case for the poor sods trying to move the ball up at United.
I wouldn't worry, it will be a lesson of how to play hide and seek when he tries a pass to McTominay!

Noc-Z

ffs
That kit should increase our chances of getting him! But really, I don't fancy our chances with this deal. Hope we're not wasting all our time on this. Walking away may be the way to go.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Everyday its the same quotes by journalists and I’m sure the deal is not going to happen. We need to accept we don’t have the pull and move on to next target.
The window hasn’t opened yet. We aren’t going to shut a thread, before the window opens because there’s little noise when international football is on.
whether we do this deal or not we need to have patience

bosskeano

Just walk away at this point
they see what Madrid are about the pay for Tchouameni and they know that ETH really wants FDJ so they are going to try to milk every bit of money out of United that they possibly can

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Just walk away at this point
Frenkie for me is in the category of, don't care about cost, he's the perfect fit for a future midfield that Ten Hag wants and is the best possible player we could dream of getting for the role.

Of course don't go Barca stupid and go on the verge of being bankrupt from overspending, but yeah, if we can actually make the transfer happen and De Jong is motivated, then I'd be happy regardless of cost.

mctrials23

We shouldnt pay more than what they paid Ajax
We shouldn't even pay them what they paid Ajax. They want rid, they want to get his wages off the books. They need to decide how much they want him gone.

didz

Bullshit. No one does business like that.
Not saying that looks in any way believable, but I seem to remember us being "on the verge" of signing Morata, with the price increasing by the day until we pivoted to stealing Lukaku out from under Chelsea instead.

Christ, that was a bad summer for strikers..

davidmichael

I think any reports saying this’ll drag on are simply for clicks seeing as Barca’s well known financial predicament of €500 million by the end of the month is very public.

They’re not going to raise more than €60 million selling Neto, Dest, Lenglet, Umtiti, Puig, Depay, Luuk De Jong and Braithwaite and it seems no one wants them anyway.

We haven’t put a bid in yet and anyone credible seems to be talking €70 million and I’d imagine that we wouldn’t even bother pursuing this still or putting in an official offer if De Jong wasn’t interested in joining us.

At a guess I’d say Barca have said a price and made it clear to De Jong they want to sell so we’re just finishing off selling the plan to De Jong then once he’s on board we’ll complete this but with Barca desperate for the money I’d imagine it’ll be done by this time next week, Barca won’t want to be just two weeks away from financial meltdown when they can get at least 10% of what’s needed just from selling De Jong.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think this one dragging on is actually logical. Barcelona want to see how eager we are and we know they need to sell. Hopefully we get other business done meanwhile.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
His value increases everyday. Feck me. This club is doomed, we probably have to pay extra for Cornetto because that's how it works.
Thanks Woodward.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
There’s probably one credible journalist who got a sniff we were interested 3-4 weeks ago. Basically that Barca might want to sell and we might want to buy. Everyone else is just reiterating that daily, and those Utd Report aggregator accounts take a snippet from said article as post it as though it’s some kind of breaking new development.

There is next to nothing to see here.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That kit is atrocious. I’d want out just because of that

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I heard it was start of May so not any new pictures.
Yeah I mean posting it and saying "oh no" is completely pointless. Means nothing whether he stays or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.